Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2019, 01:19 AM   #1

What kind of oil

Just picked up a 2016 TaoTao Tforce 110 for my little boy. I was wondering what kind of oil people are using in them. Also wondering if anyone knows where i can get the throttle adjustment screw, it was missing.

Old 03-16-2019, 01:40 PM   #2

Andy

Oil is always a contraversial topic and everybody has their own favorite and there are billion threads on the topic that usually just end in arguments. So with that in mind I am happy to share what has worked well for me. I am not making any claims...just sharing what worked well in the five china atvs i have owned over time. I always drain the oil they come shipped with. I then use any good brand 10w30w dino oil like valvoline, penzoil,castrol,etc for break in. I run that for 10-20 hours ride time and then switch to a 10-40w(summer) synthetic oil like Amsoil or Royal Purple. I used this same system in my ohv racing cart engines that were heavilly abused and my race engines seemed to hold up longer then many others. Again..im not claiming to know it all on oil....only what has worked good for me in the china atvs.

Old 03-16-2019, 04:05 PM   #3

just do regular oil & filter changes and you usually
don't have a problem...
I just use semi synthetic from the start..

77 Montesa Cota 348 MRR "Malcom Rathnell Replica"...

Current resto projects..
81 Honda CT110...
80 Kawasaki KL250A1...

11 Husaburg TE125 enduro... "sold" along with another 31...
Lifan 125 Pitbike.. "stolen" ...

KIWI BIKER FORUM...... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/content.php

All the best offroad rides in NZ...
http://www.remotemoto.com/

E-mail... xtpete1@gmail.com

Old 03-19-2019, 10:03 AM   #4

A good friend of mine who is a professional small engine mechanic told me that he puts full synthetic oil in every machine and fuel conditioner, he swears by it. I put Walmarts blue container of full synthetic oil 5w30 in mine. He recomended Star-tron enzyme fuel treatment to use in the fuel (sold at Walmart) to me too. So far she seems very happy. Not my recommendation, just what I'm following.

Old 03-19-2019, 10:55 AM   #5

All the bikes I have bought suggest 15w40. I have been running Rotella T4 15w/40 that was recommended by several members here. I usually change the oil after a few hours of riding.

Old 03-19-2019, 01:09 PM   #6

http://www.pqiamerica.com/

Find a brand that passes PQIA testing, and is in the proper weight according to the owners manual... and try to go with a "Global" Owners Manual... not one that is "only for the US, energy conserving EPA Market"...

Usually a "wet clutch" system can handle conventional or synthetic oil in: 10w-30, 10w-40, 15w-40, 5w-40 (synthetic), and in some cases they like something as thick as a 20w-50 synthetic oil

Most wet clutch systems don't get along with the "Energy Conserving Star" 5w-30 oils... I haven't tested a 5w-30 in our Lifan engine, as it seemed happy on the cheapo Rotella or Super Tech 15w-40 the one time I used them (didn't have my usual 5w-40 on hand) and the rest of the oil changes have been with 5w-40 Rotella

It's only $12 or so for a gallon of Super Tech 15w-40, and $18 or so for Rotella synthetic 5w-40...

Best to go out, buy a brand and weight of oil to test out in your machine... from what I can see... they all have their own "likes, dislikes, and personalities" (just like their owners )

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.