Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2018, 01:53 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeMantia View Post
It was really easy, I didn't even need a jack to install it. Just loosened the rear set on both sides so i could get to the lower engine mount. Got down real low and lifted the engine into place with one hand, and set a bolt in the top mount to hold it in place with the other. then the engine was able to pivot itself into the lower mount so I could bolt that too.

all the wire connections have plugs that fit up to the existing wire harness, which was nice since my geese chewed on the cables a little bit and made them ugly.

I torqued the engine mount bolts to 45ft/lbs

Reasoning for a new engine? I guess I could have saved a few bills by buying just the parts but this way I know I've got a fresh start again and no issues should arise.

I first took my hellcat to a muddy dirt-bike track when It arrived, in hindsight it was probably a terrible idea for it and most likely contributed to the rust spots on the engine.
Thanks for the update. Good to know it went simple enough. thinking of just buy a spare from them or maybe try the zs190 swap in winter.

Old 06-27-2018, 10:28 AM   #47

Any updates?

Old 06-27-2018, 01:07 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrfxr67 View Post
Any updates?
My hellcat is put together now and runs perfectly, starts up when I need it to. I try to get out and ride it every day, and I have an action cam so I might take a few videos of a ride if it gets somewhat sunny today.

But within the few months that I've had it I can say I'm ready for an upgrade. For where I live I just need that little extra bit of power to really use my motorcycle to commute anywhere here in the mountains. A 20 minute trip to Oregon takes about an hour on my bike because I have to take roads that stay below 50. It is really fun to just go out and ride though, it feels like i'm racing everyone else with a Boombox on 2 wheels

The Hellcat is absolute perfect bike for learning the road, and basic motorcycle mechanics on if you are new to them like I was.

I have been seeing that CSC SG250 Floating around the internet and for 2k it sounds like a great deal and the next step up from these 125cc grom clones.

Old 06-27-2018, 03:01 PM   #49

i dont know what "body style" the CSC SG250 is, but if you are open at all to a Hawk, they are less expensive than 2k by a long way and there is tons of active Users here who love them and have had good luck with them,and it's dual sport so good for street and trail as well.if you are wanting the "crotch roket" style then no, a Hawk wont blow yer skirt up

Old 06-27-2018, 11:55 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCrowRides View Post
i dont know what "body style" the CSC SG250 is, but if you are open at all to a Hawk, they are less expensive than 2k by a long way and there is tons of active Users here who love them and have had good luck with them,and it's dual sport so good for street and trail as well.if you are wanting the "crotch roket" style then no, a Hawk wont blow yer skirt up
The SG250 is a "cafe racer"

I looked at Hawk bikes and really wanted one at one point but living in Kalifornia has its drawbacks. Every motorcycle new, has to be EPA/CARB approved to be able to register it with the local DMV for on street use. None of the bikes I looked at from Hawk from my distributor at the time were able to be used for on road purpose in CA, sadly.

CSC makes a TT250 which is a good equivalent of an onroad/offroad bike avaliable in all 50 States.

I sent CSC an email asking if they shipped the bikes unassembled but they said they do not.

The two bikes mentioned start at 2k but after added fees/assembly its close to $2500

Old 06-29-2018, 08:42 AM   #51

Ah, my bad, I totally didn't notice you are in Cali ,and it says it right there in your location., yeah AFAIK Hawks are not road legal in CA., which is a pity because you mentioned taking roads thru the mountains, and i figured a dual sport would unlock the other half of the terrain for you .
That said I love cafe bikes and not everyone wants to get off the street to trail ride and are perfectly happy on asphalt only and there is nothing wrong with that .
Maybe look at the ZS190 swap for your bike, it is about a grand after you buy the engine and a new exhaust but it will certainly make a Vader strong enough to do hiway and greatly up the torque and its a straight bolt in.

The only issue is you'd still have a Vader sized bike and not a full size one and if that is part of why you want to upgrade then i get that ,I like the small size of the Vaders

,my other bike is a Sportster 1200 and while not "heavy" compared to other Harleys, it's not something you go play on like a Vader either lol.
Anyways best of luck to you and keep us posted as to what you do and how it turns out !

Old 06-29-2018, 10:44 AM   #52

DudeMatia--if you can swing the extra cash, you should also consider the XF250. A step above the TT250/Hawk/Bashan/etc. Chinese enduros as far as quality goes. California-legal, too.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Tags
125cc, hellcat, taotao