Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2020, 01:20 PM   #1

TaoTao Hellcat 125 Speedometer not working

Hey I just got this 2020 TaoTao Hellcat 125, built it and then took it out. Speedometer wasn't working AT ALL. Stays at 0mph and doesn't log mileage. So I take it back home and realize the wheel speed sensor (magnetic cylinder that goes in the hub) wasn't installed, so I popped it in. Took it for a spin and the speedometer worked partially; jumped from 0mph to 25 to 15 to 7 and then 0 and would keep doing it. Mostly staying at 0 though. Logged part of my mileage.

So does this little cylinder i put in need lubed or delubed? Any other issues it could be? Not riding until i figure it out.

Thanks in advanced!

Old 08-01-2020, 06:38 PM   #2

Has anyone made a thread simply on the HELLCAT RAPTOR breed from Tao Tao?

Old 08-01-2020, 06:40 PM   #3

You didn’t bolt up snug did you? Make sure it’s not getting a mal aligned wheel hub, rotor or the wheel may have factory offsetting.
The Magnetic part has two wires from it. Push those babies in hard. Black and a double colored one.; I’m interested in seeing your bike on insta messages or something. The wiring harness I want to see yours, specifically the area just under the tank on clutch side of the case. Little connector with a 9 pin/6 pin box... has a Jumper wire black n white for the kill switch. PM ME

Old 08-03-2020, 12:08 AM   #4

i had a similar issue, i took the front wheel off, cleaned it with brake clean, and re tightened and it worked.

Tags
125cc, repair, taotao hellcat