Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2017, 03:49 PM   #1

New member from Florida ready to pull the trigger

Hi guys
I'm a new member from Florida. Been lurking here for the past week and I have finally decided on ordering either a hawk or enforcer 250 when I get paid next week.

I am looking to use this to commute to work on nice sunny days 25mi each way. And off road trail riding fun on the weekends.

I am a mechanic so this will be a fun side project to put together and tinker with

Does anyone know if the digital gauge cluster will work on the enforcer ?
I assume since it comes with remote start the wireing is different than the hawk.

Old 03-09-2017, 04:54 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipper1012 View Post
Hi guys
I'm a new member from Florida. Been lurking here for the past week and I have finally decided on ordering either a hawk or enforcer 250 when I get paid next week.

I am looking to use this to commute to work on nice sunny days 25mi each way. And off road trail riding fun on the weekends.

I am a mechanic so this will be a fun side project to put together and tinker with

Does anyone know if the digital gauge cluster will work on the enforcer ?
I assume since it comes with remote start the wireing is different than the hawk.
It should work. If your the first to try it you will get 20% off. Then it would cost $80. If it dosent work you would get your money back. I would buy one if it fit my bike.

Old 03-09-2017, 07:56 PM   #3

The Enforcer is a better buy than the hawk right now.

Old 03-09-2017, 08:31 PM   #4

Welcome!
2002 Yamaha R6 *sold*
Vader 125cc *sold after owning for many years*
1997 Jeep Wrangler *sold due to frame rot*

Old 03-09-2017, 09:35 PM   #5

Either one will be okay. We don't have ANY data from members ski_rush or enforcer17 regarding the Enforcer as of yet, because they both just received their bikes, and are in the process of assembly. The Hawk is a known bike--any issues seem to be fixable. The two advantages regarding the Enforcer is it comes stock with a better carb, which could be a good thing, but the clone Mikunis that most every Hawk owner purchases work out great once they get their jetting just right. You being mechanically inclined would put you into that group, which means you can see how good the stock Bashan carb is with the Enforcer, or if you like to tinker, the Hawk with a clone Mikuni could be the ticket.

However, when it comes to sprockets, the Enforcer comes with very streetable 17 front (an educated guess, not confirmed) and confirmed 46 rear. The Hawk has very off-road oriented sprockets as stock; 15 front and 50 rear (someone can and should confirm). Most Hawk owners seem to keep the 15 front and get a mid-40 rear. Since it seems to have a clone of the VERY common 1970's/1980's Honda XL185 hub, it seems that aftermarket rear sprockets are numerous.

If I had my choice, I would probably lean to the Hawk out of nostalgia's sake--my first Chinese enduro was a Jetmoto 200, which I bought at the time that Lifan had a 49 state legal 200 enduro which became VERY popular here on Chinariders. Heck, Chinariders was founded because of the Lifan GY200-5 (long story, but I was around to witness it...) I preferred the idea of a bike that was more 'raw' in that it was technically an off-road bike, but came with all street-legal equipment which was, and still is, good enough for Arizona vs. the Lifan which was legal for every state's highways but California.

But, that being said, my first choice for my next enduro will be the Brozz 250 for commuting. It has a rear rack as standard equipment, and has more streetable tires as stock, not to mention the same carb and sprocket setup as the Enforcer. If I have money left over, then I would buy a second enduro for playtime, or possibly to break up the monotony of my daily commute once or twice a week. This would probably be the Hawk.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-09-2017, 09:58 PM   #6

15/50 confirmed on a hawk. Wheelies in first three gears with ease
13' long chopper in progress
2009 johnny pag bar hog
2004 hd electra glide ultra classic shriner edition
1997 harley davidson 1200 sportster
1972 harley davidson amf sx250

Old 03-09-2017, 10:33 PM   #7

According to Don at APSC some states are blackballing the Hawk for registration this year and he said he wasn't selling any more of them for that reason, at least until they "fix" the issue, so it would be wise to check in your state and make sure you even can still license one their.

Welcome to the forum...I'm brand new too and just ordered an Enforcer yesterday!

Old 03-09-2017, 10:56 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny View Post
According to Don at APSC some states are blackballing the Hawk for registration this year and he said he wasn't selling any more of them for that reason, at least until they "fix" the issue, so it would be wise to check in your state and make sure you even can still license one their.

Welcome to the forum...I'm brand new too and just ordered an Enforcer yesterday!
Lol here in Florida you can practically get anything registered without issue
So that won't be a issue.

Tonight I was looking and the cheapest I found a hawk for was $1349 with free shipping The enforcer was $1499 I guess the price difference compensates for not having to Change the carb and sprockets and better battery

But I want a green one and only a green one and it looks like they are having issues getting green ones shipped :/(

Old 03-09-2017, 11:07 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipper1012 View Post
Lol here in Florida you can practically get anything registered without issue
So that won't be a issue.

Tonight I was looking and the cheapest I found a hawk for was $1349 with free shipping The enforcer was $1499 I guess the price difference compensates for not having to Change the carb and sprockets and better battery

But I want a green one and only a green one and it looks like they are having issues getting green ones shipped :/(
These guys have the Hawk for $1279 including shipping if you use a cashiers check, and $1320 if you use a credit card.

http://www.powersportsmax.com/produc...ducts_id/17701

HOWEVER!! Powersportsmax, while not being a rip-off dealer, do tend to seemingly send their bikes by homeless drifters on bicycles as opposed to utilizing timely shipping companies. One member who ordered a Grom replica, saved the $40 bucks on an already very low price, by using a cashiers check, and is still waiting for his bike 9 days later. The price is enticing, but the shipping seems to be lacking in the timely department. Heck, it seems all these online dealers are having issues with shipping, lately! But, that green Hawk in their ad is very desirable--I see your point!! (plus, you can fool people by telling them it is a Kawasaki)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard