Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2017, 01:50 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDStroup View Post
Did you buy the "steel ring" or "aluminum ring" version of these wheels? I assume the steel and aluminum refers to the rim?
Yes it refers to the rim. I bought the Aluminum alloy rimed ver.

Old 03-21-2017, 03:10 PM   #47

Registration of the HAWK and the NHTSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideMI View Post
Don giving you Bullshit, the Hawk is not blacklisted it's just not listed. The Rickypowersports Hawk is a Dirt Bike! You need a bike that is NHTSA certified with a FMVSS Sticker to be listed.

If I was in charge of dealer development at Rickypowersports and Don is saying that to customers and changing orders, APSC would not be selling anything from RPS.
Actually - per the CO DMV/DOT the NHTSA specifically lists it as not eligible for registration for street use... That is the definition of black list. It isn't overlooked or not considered at all - I saw the NHTSA web site to validate this when I originally was at the DMV (via VIN lookup)... it is why (at least in CO) you MUST register it as a custom bike and the process is detailed and takes about 45 days to complete...

Old 03-21-2017, 03:37 PM   #48

Not to start arguments, but it is not blacklisted--it is just technically, per the feds, not supposed to be on the street--it is certified as an off-road dirt bike. It just happens to come stock with all the lights, horn, and speedo that allows it to be registered in many states. To me, blacklisted means that it is on a list of bikes kept by one of the bureaucracies that is supposed to be monitoring such lists, and special accommodations are made to make sure one of these bikes does not show up ANYWHERE. The last list the Hawk and Magician are on with the EPA is from 2016 (they might have updated their 2017 list recently) puts them in the same league as any other off-road bike like the Apollo, or X-Moto bikes (or KTM, Yamaha, Honda, etc., etc.) Blacklisted implies they are BANNED.

My guess is that if someone was to walk into the local DMV offices in a state like NJ, or Penn. (two of the states that will only street register vehicles that are on the federal database of vehicles that are DOT/EPA certified), it would not show up, and no matter how much hemming and hawing, and managers you plead your case with, they will simply just say "NO!"

It is interesting to read that there is hope in Colorado for the Hawk, and thank you for pointing out the 'custom bike' loophole for those members residing in Colorado who thought there was NO way to register one of these.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-21-2017, 10:58 PM   #49

does anyone know if you have a hawk reg in another state and move to colorado will they let you transfer?
13' long chopper in progress
2009 johnny pag bar hog
2004 hd electra glide ultra classic shriner edition
1997 harley davidson 1200 sportster
1972 harley davidson amf sx250

Old 03-23-2017, 05:57 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
Yes it refers to the rim. I bought the Aluminum alloy rimed ver.
Thanks.

Old 03-28-2017, 11:43 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter View Post
The rim sizes I found on Taobao are 2.15X18, 36 hole for the rear, and 1.6X21, 36 hole for the front. For your information, the rim width is measured from inside to inside. The tire size is from widest area outside to widest spot outside. That's why the rims seem to be too narrow. When you look at spokes, go with the thickest ones you can find-4 mm. The 3 and 3.5 mm are not as strong. You need strong spokes for off road. Also the skinnier spokes can pull out through the hub flange holes. Merlin had experience with this....ARH
Ok so After searching taobao I found some 2.15X18 and 1.60X21
pre laced wheels and hubs but How do I know if they will fit my brozz ?

Old 03-28-2017, 11:57 PM   #52

never mind after muddling through the site and trying for 30 min to try and figure out how to contact the seller. I ended up downloading some chat app that is in Chinese and i cant use .

I'm very frustrated. I am going to bed Ugggggggg