Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2017, 03:48 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideMI View Post
Don giving you Bullshit, the Hawk is not blacklisted it's just not listed. The Rickypowersports Hawk is a Dirt Bike! You need a bike that is NHTSA certified with a FMVSS Sticker to be listed.

If I was in charge of dealer development at Rickypowersports and Don is saying that to customers and changing orders, APSC would not be selling anything from RPS.
To be fair, he didn't say that to me. He said he thinks it WILL be in the future due to the lack of sticker. It is true that it does not have a sticker and can be a pain to register depending on the state one lives in and the person behind the counter.

Old 03-15-2017, 04:23 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski_rush View Post
To be fair, he didn't say that to me. He said he thinks it WILL be in the future due to the lack of sticker. It is true that it does not have a sticker and can be a pain to register depending on the state one lives in and the person behind the counter.
Ski_rush, It is true that the Hawk does not have the sticker, It,s a Dirt Bike

The Hawk is imported into the USA as off road and will not be blacklisted in the future because it was never listed in the first place.

So why did he change your order from the Hawk to Enforcer?

Old 03-15-2017, 06:15 PM   #18

Well I just found a Local brick and mortar dealer 2 hrs from me in orlando that has both the Hawk and Brozz in stock. Guess I will be taking a road trip.

Just have to coordinate days off with my buddy that has a truck. So it might not be till next weekend :-(

Old 03-15-2017, 06:22 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipper1012 View Post
Well I just found a Local brick and mortar dealer 2 hrs from me in orlando that has both the Hawk and Brozz in stock. Guess I will be taking a road trip.

Just have to coordinate days off with my buddy that has a truck. So it might not be till next weekend :-(
Does this business have a website?

Old 03-15-2017, 06:49 PM   #20

Head Scratching 2016 until September?

I reached out to both Power Ride Outlet and Superior Powersports about their Brozz stock. Both emailed back stating they carry the 2016 model year. Superior Powersports also stated that the 2017 model "won't be out until September of this year"

Does anyone else have any conflicting or corroborating information on this statement?

Also, I am very close to buying the Brozz myself, but am hesitant due to the wheel size. What are the odds that another set of wheels could be fitted to the bike? I've never swapped dual sport wheels, so I don't know if the wheel widths are standard, or other considerations due to the brakes. Knowing I could put Hawk (or Honda?) wheels on a Brozz would have me clicking the checkout button tonight.

Old 03-15-2017, 07:03 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marduk View Post
I reached out to both Power Ride Outlet and Superior Powersports about their Brozz stock. Both emailed back stating they carry the 2016 model year. Superior Powersports also stated that the 2017 model "won't be out until September of this year"

Does anyone else have any conflicting or corroborating information on this statement?

Also, I am very close to buying the Brozz myself, but am hesitant due to the wheel size. What are the odds that another set of wheels could be fitted to the bike? I've never swapped dual sport wheels, so I don't know if the wheel widths are standard, or other considerations due to the brakes. Knowing I could put Hawk (or Honda?) wheels on a Brozz would have me clicking the checkout button tonight.
I wondered the same thing. I ordered a Brozz. The front should not be an issue but the rear more so as it is a drum brake if you could not find a drum brake rim you would need to convert it to disc.

I think I will be living with the rim sizes it is coming with.

Old 03-15-2017, 07:13 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat67 View Post
That's not out of the question for myself. I'd be very surprised if we couldn't find some aggressive knobbies for the sizes it comes with... I'm sure it won't be long before someone on this forum confirms the sizes it comes with. *hint* *hint*

Old 03-15-2017, 07:17 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marduk View Post
That's not out of the question for myself. I'd be very surprised if we couldn't find some aggressive knobbies for the sizes it comes with... I'm sure it won't be long before someone on this forum confirms the sizes it comes with. *hint* *hint*
Yup I will be doing that pictures will be taken and posted

Old 03-15-2017, 07:24 PM   #24

Quote:
I wondered the same thing. I ordered a Brozz. The front should not be an issue but the rear more so as it is a drum brake if you could not find a drum brake rim you would need to convert it to disc.

A drum brake rim? There is no such thing. You use different length spokes is all....ARH

Old 03-15-2017, 07:41 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter View Post
A drum brake rim? There is no such thing. You use different length spokes is all....ARH
So if I wanted to switch to a 18 inch rim from the 17 inch what would I need to do?

Old 03-15-2017, 08:06 PM   #26

Quote:
So if I wanted to switch to a 18 inch rim from the 17 inch what would I need to do?
Buy a new rim and the right sized spokes. I bought a whole new drum brake alloy rimed wheel shipped for about $100.

Old 03-15-2017, 08:08 PM   #27

Quote:

The Hawk is imported into the USA as off road and will not be blacklisted in the future because it was never listed in the first place.

rideMI, was the last question posed to me? I wasn't sure. If it was, I switched to an Enforcer over the Hawk mostly because of the registration thing. My luck is that I'd get that person behind the desk how didn't want to register it that day. I called a Hawk dealer that's 2 hours away from me, and even though he says he sells them all the time, he said he couldn't assure me that I would be able to register it. From that point on, I looked at other bikes. I was very close to getting a Brozz, but didn't like the smaller times and the rear drum brake.

The Enforcer was a leap of faith...but, it seemed to be a better fit for what I was looking for.

Old 03-15-2017, 09:29 PM   #28

ARH,

Thanks for your insight on this. I'm having a hard time finding knobby tires for the rear of the Brozz (Superior Powersports lists it as a 110/90-17.)

I'll have to do some research on swapping rims before I commit to this model.

Old 03-15-2017, 10:53 PM   #29

Quote:

I don't know then, I guess Don is fed up with having complaints come back about the hawk? He said something about selling his stock of hawks off to a dirt only dealer, the hawks are still listed on the site, but I feel like they weren't actually in stock.

Old 03-15-2017, 10:54 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolclass View Post
Electro where you from? I zip around in CT on my hawk.
Mid Oklahoma