Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2007, 10:24 AM   #1

110 Lifan Trailbikes

Bruce or Tom. I know you both were Redcat dealers, and several years ago, one of their biggest sellers (supposedly) was the replica trailbike in 70cc and 90cc trim.

As you know, Redcat received a "cease and desist" strongarm letter from Honda, and they stopped carrying the replicas. However, Lifan still carries them in 110cc trim. Do you guys stock them? I am interested to know how reliable they are as compared to the enduros. I have a chance to cut my commute from 40 miles/day down to about 2 miles if I take a new job, and would consider one of the trail bikes. In theory, even if it stranded me, I wouldn't have too far to walk, but if I buzz around town on it for errands and such, would the engine give out like my Jetmoto did on occasion before it really stranded me? Plus, my wife, who is intimidated by the enduro (probably its size, not its power) could theoretically ride the trailbike.

Does anyone own a mini-trailbike replica and could give me firsthand account? Beerslayer, didn't/don't you own one?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-02-2007, 09:02 PM   #2

Like this one?

[img]/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=4446& g2_serialNumber=2[/img]
[img]/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=4443& g2_serialNumber=2[/img]

Thats a 90 though. I havent tried it, but it looks pretty cool. Alot smaller though...

Old 05-02-2007, 09:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
Like this one?

[img]gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=4446& g2_serialNumber=2[/img]
[img]gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=4443& g2_serialNumber=2[/img]

Thats a 90 though. I havent tried it, but it looks pretty cool. Alot smaller though...
I can't open the items...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 05-02-2007, 09:43 PM   #4

How bout now? If not click the www under my name and go to page 3, there are two pictures of a lifan 90 trail bike

Old 05-02-2007, 11:53 PM   #5

Thanks, Jim. That is exactly the replica mini-trailbike style bike that I have liked.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 05-03-2007, 07:07 AM   #6

Those things look really small. Can a full sized adult ride one without looking like a clown?

Old 05-03-2007, 07:37 AM   #7

Yep...sure can, Honda used a picture of a guy weighing 400lbs. riding a CT-70 back in the 1970's magazines. I'll be getting them in stock soon. I used to carry The Redcat Trail 70 & Trail 90 {made by Lifan} before Honda sent Redcat their "cease & desist letter". They are great little bikes and they have 110cc engines on them now!!
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 05-03-2007, 09:16 AM   #8

when i was 9-12 years old i had a honda mini trail 70 my dad and i road double on it when my mom wanted to use our other bike to go riding with us the only thing that looked odd back then was i didn't have foot pegs .i really loved that bike and allmost got one of those replicas but i knew in my head that nothing would compair to that bike . now though i kinda wish i would have got one just for the memories

Old 05-03-2007, 10:09 AM   #9

Send a message via Yahoo to RPM
I carried the Redcat versions in the 70cc size before the letter came out, as well. I am 250 and the 70 would get me up to around 40 mph, so they are tough little bikes and, Culcune, I don't see any problem with them for commuting around town, especially with the larger 110cc engine that Lifan is putting in them now. I haven't ordered any from Lifan yet, but I will soon as I am going to see about marketing these for RV users in my area. The handlebars fold down and with the compact size anyway, these would be great units to store on the RV for getting around on. They are durable and I believe everyone has owned or at least ridden one at some point in their youth, at least that's what I hear from a lot of customers.

Old 05-03-2007, 10:10 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejcycles
Yep...sure can, Honda used a picture of a guy weighing 400lbs. riding a CT-70 back in the 1970's magazines. I'll be getting them in stock soon. I used to carry The Redcat Trail 70 & Trail 90 {made by Lifan} before Honda sent Redcat their "cease & desist letter". They are great little bikes and they have 110cc engines on them now!!
Didn't they have those several hundred pound twins that rode them, or maybe they were the 50cc "monkey"-style bikes that are also made as replicas.

Bruce, thanks for that vote of confidence. I think the 110cc engine might be a little bit of overkill, but overkill in a good way :wink:

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 05-03-2007, 10:17 AM   #11

Quote:
Didn't they have those several hundred pound twins that rode them
Yes they did they where 400lbs. each, when the guys passed away the where 700lbs each and they buried them in Piano cases.
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 05-03-2007, 11:26 AM   #12

Tom, I think the RV'ers would go for them in a big way, considering the cost of gas. I regret not buying a few of the Redcats before they got rid of them, but you live and learn.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 05-03-2007, 01:45 PM   #13

I was riding a Honda trail 110 until I got my viva. It was loads of fun, walking across the lava flows and dropping down to the ocean. It was a good bike to start on and was fun we sold it last month which covered the cost of the viva. They are fun bikes for old and young alike.

Old 05-03-2007, 01:57 PM   #14

Pumpkin, I am sure you can still get a replica. Akanababe, I remember you guys selling your bike collection, including the Honda. You will probably long for another one, and then you can buy the next best thing-the Lifan Traill Ryder 110, or whatever they call it!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 05-03-2007, 04:52 PM   #15

culcune, when the funds are available and/or my daugter is ready for one i'll get one. i was looking local for an old 70 to restore but none to be found