Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2017, 04:30 PM   #1

Miss under load at 5k

Hey guys.....I finally got the chance to bring Green Meanie home and after the 1st mile I had the opportunity to speed up a bit....but she acted like it was STARVING for fuel? I have a hard time believing the bike needs rejetted already as it's BONE STOCK still. Factory set carb(other than idle speed) factory air filter, factory pipe and silencer. It's weird. Sitting in neutral, it'll rev up there EASY, but under load it would NOT rev past 5,100.

Am I missing something here?

On the bright side, these two were waiting in my mailbox when I got there

Rides a 2016 Bashan 18C with Blue PlastiDip, piped and jetted, USB charger, real-time digital volt meter, faux carbon fiber handguards, 5 COB led headlight upgrade, auxiliary led light bars, and an MSR shift lever with new grips, T6 aluminum handlebars anodized in blue, polished handlebar brace, decals, HD Unibear chain and spoke covers waiting on the always-full mod shelf......

Old 04-03-2017, 04:49 PM   #2

These bikes come real lean. Even stock you will need to put at least a 110 main jet. Adjust valves.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Last edited by JerryHawk250; 04-04-2017 at 08:09 AM.

Old 04-03-2017, 04:53 PM   #3

Thanks Jerry....time to track down a set of jets.

Rides a 2016 Bashan 18C with Blue PlastiDip, piped and jetted, USB charger, real-time digital volt meter, faux carbon fiber handguards, 5 COB led headlight upgrade, auxiliary led light bars, and an MSR shift lever with new grips, T6 aluminum handlebars anodized in blue, polished handlebar brace, decals, HD Unibear chain and spoke covers waiting on the always-full mod shelf......

Old 04-03-2017, 08:16 PM   #4

Re-jetting probably will cure the symptom due to the work involved, however I dont believe thats the issue. I would image you simply have a dirty carb. What plug is in these?? Mine came in today but Ive not looked.

Previously owned / operated MOTO Xtreme selling American Lifan / Check out my friends at www.armattanquads.com

"Imagination is more important that knowledge" Albert Einstein

Old 04-03-2017, 09:38 PM   #5

Do a valve adjustment. It sounds like some issues others have had when the valves are tight.

Old 04-03-2017, 09:45 PM   #6

Certainly sounds like the head and carb are coming off soon LoL. A full set of jets are on order now if I can get this headlight issue figured out, I'll be golden.

Old 04-03-2017, 09:45 PM   #7

my vote is jetting. but go ahead and adjust valves as they very likely aren't set consistantly from the factory. while you have the carb apart to install jets, be sure everything is clean inside.

another thing that would be helpful is to change out the plug for a good quality one.

Old 04-03-2017, 10:48 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
Do a valve adjustment. It sounds like some issues others have had when the valves are tight.
I've put 23 miles on my Brozz so far. We adjusted the valves before first start up and checked the gap on the spark plug. The valves were too tight from the factory. Have not had any issues under load and have had it up to 6k rpm under moderate throttle. No adjustments to carb or anything else.

Old 04-04-2017, 03:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbya1986 View Post
I've put 23 miles on my Brozz so far. We adjusted the valves before first start up and checked the gap on the spark plug. The valves were too tight from the factory. Have not had any issues under load and have had it up to 6k rpm under moderate throttle. No adjustments to carb or anything else.
I would wait to adjust the valves and change out the plug (might not be necessary, but couldn't hurt to throw in a high-quality plug) before touching the carb, as dubbya1986 mentioned. Heck, I would only change the plug to begin; why get into the 'dirty' stuff right away without doing the easiest stuff?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-04-2017, 07:55 PM   #10

Well, I brought my feeler gauges home from work, and ordered two NGK's today. It might be a while before I see my jet kit, so whatever I get done in the next day or so will have to do for now. :/

Either way I plan on doing a quick mixture adjustment right after getting the valve cover back on, that's for certain.

Old 04-04-2017, 09:05 PM   #11

Valves can't hurt, but I just get annoyed doing them on my scooter. Funny story--my TMEC 200 I rode for over 10k miles, and NEVER touched the valves. It is slowly getting put back together by the fool who claimed he would pay me $150 to buy it, and 7 months later has not paid me--it still turns on for him.

The TMEC 200 I had before that I bought used with unknown mileage; I put about 7k miles I know of on that one--NEVER touched the valves!

The only time I ever touched the carb was on the older bike since the idle would change and I would have to play with the external screw. The newest one (that I legally still own), I never touched the carb.

Heck, I might call up Alan and buy the last remaining TMEC 200 he has in a box--it doesn't have the wheels/tires because someone who bought a bike wanted street tires, so he sold him the wheels/tires, but I still have wheels/tires--since the idiot still has not paid me, I might just have to go and yank the wheels/tires off...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-04-2017, 09:16 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post

Heck, I might call up Alan and buy the last remaining TMEC 200 he has in a box--it doesn't have the wheels/tires because someone who bought a bike wanted street tires, so he sold him the wheels/tires, but I still have wheels/tires--since the idiot still has not paid me, I might just have to go and yank the wheels/tires off...
I bet you could get it cheap!

Old 04-04-2017, 09:39 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I would wait to adjust the valves and change out the plug (might not be necessary, but couldn't hurt to throw in a high-quality plug) before touching the carb, as dubbya1986 mentioned. Heck, I would only change the plug to begin; why get into the 'dirty' stuff right away without doing the easiest stuff?
The valve adjustment was pretty simple and took maybe 15 mins. I only recommend it because mine were too tight from the factory, which probably means a lot of them are that way. Peace of mind for me. I took mine on a 60 plus ride today and it purred like a kitten no stumbles, hiccups, or any problems so far. Cruised around 60 mph without any issue at all. Still running stock everything including the spark plug.

Old 04-04-2017, 09:54 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbya1986 View Post
The valve adjustment was pretty simple and took maybe 15 mins. I only recommend it because mine were too tight from the factory, which probably means a lot of them are that way. Peace of mind for me. I took mine on a 60 plus ride today and it purred like a kitten no stumbles, hiccups, or any problems so far. Cruised around 60 mph without any issue at all. Still running stock everything including the spark plug.
What did you set your valves to Intake .05mm Exhaust .08mm ?

Old 04-04-2017, 10:14 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipper1012 View Post
What did you set your valves to Intake .05mm Exhaust .08mm ?
We set them according to the manual. .05mm intake and exhaust. Makes just a slight amount of noise, but not too much.