Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3

Old 05-07-2015, 01:50 AM   #3361

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
My Honda CRF250X also uses a bolt to attach the counter shaft sprocket.
Interesting. I figured it would use two 8mm diameter bolts and a retainer.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-07-2015, 02:05 AM   #3362

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Tony, you can also insert a dime in between each coil of the spring. It will grow a considerable amount, allowing you to easily place the spring over the tangs. After it's in place, just pop the dimes out. Thin washers work as well.
Weld, that is the first time I've heard this way of getting the spring on and it sounds like a great idea. I almost want to take my spring off and give it a try
I had a friend help me and it wasn't easy trying to pry it down with a bar then slip it over to the peg groove. Probably not very good on the spring either distorting it around to get it on.
G19tony try the dime ,washer trick and let us know if it works better then strong arming it. It looks to be the easiest way to do it.
Also loosen the bolt that holds the spring mount plate to the frame so that the plate angles down and gets the spring closer to the center stand peg mount. Than after spring is on just tighten up the bolt. rj

Old 05-07-2015, 02:08 AM   #3363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veteran View Post
Spud, I'm sure I'll be looking to upgrade the shock when I get back. Suspension is a pet peeve of mine. Is the schrader valve a high pressure model like on an acft or a regular car type? Can you post a picture? If it's harnessing 300+ psi, I'm thinking it's an acft type.
The shock valve of the RX3 is definitely a high pressure valve. It is not a schrader valve such as is employed in motorcycle inner tubes. I was in error to describe this valve as a schrader valve.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-07-2015, 02:15 AM   #3364

Quote:
Interesting. I figured it would use two 8mm diameter bolts and a retainer.
My CRF250X uses parts 19, 21, and 29, to secure the counter shaft sprocket to the counter shaft.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-07-2015, 03:02 AM   #3365

Quote:
I suggest you remove the cap from the master cylinder to inspect the quantity of brake fluid. (...)
It's almost 5ml to the top. According to CSC Blog it should be a 3.1 ml, so I guess it's OK. I leave it there.

Quote:
I don't think the 'holes' shown in your photographs are causing your problem. Have you checked to see if the coolant is full in your left radiator, as suggested?
I have checked the right radiator level and the reservoir, but the left raditor, not. How can I?

Quote:
I am sorry to hear of the poor service from your local dealer. I'm glad they finally added the proper level of oil and coolant for your motorcycle.
The sad part it's they didn't notice the problem, I have to check, and I have zero knowledge about motorcycles, motor, mechanics... Now I having other problems.

My rear suspension is making a squeaky noise, everytime and get in or off the bike, when I ride, when I put the bike in its stand.

Almost 600 KM and this happens. What can it be? I'm guessing they didn't lube the suspension or something like that.

___ I also have noticed a loose cable, and I have not idea where it belongs!

You guys are very lucky enjoying your bikes, it costs a lot of money for me, and I have problems since the first KM.

I'm sure the less oil in the motor, and lees coolant and the possible less lube in the suspension, have create some problems and decrease my motorcycle life. You think?

For stuffs like this I guess chinese bikes have bad reputation. Even it's not factory problem, but from the people assambling them.

If this continues I'll fight from some new bike. I just wanna enjoy my bike like I did when I bought my Honda 2 years ago.

Old 05-07-2015, 03:23 AM   #3366

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miqueas View Post
It's almost 5ml to the top. According to CSC Blog it should be a 3.1 ml, so I guess it's OK. I leave it there...
Yes, that sounds good.

Quote:
...I have checked the right radiator level and the reservoir, but the left raditor, not. How can I?...
Since you have been running the motorcycle, it is sufficient to check the coolant level at the radiator cap, and the reservoir. If the coolant levels at those two locations are good, you have the proper amount of coolant in both radiators.

Quote:
...The sad part it's they didn't notice the problem, I have to check, and I have zero knowledge about motorcycles, motor, mechanics... Now I having other problems.

My rear suspension is making a squeaky noise, everytime and get in or off the bike, when I ride, when I put the bike in its stand.

Almost 600 KM and this happens. What can it be? I'm guessing they didn't lube the suspension or something like that...
The suspension is lubricated at the factory. I suggest you check for loose bolts, and/or have the dealer check for loose bolts under warranty service.

Quote:
...I also have noticed a loose cable, and I have not idea where it belongs!...
Please show us a photograph of the loose cable. We should be able to help.

Quote:
...I'm sure the less oil in the motor, and lees coolant and the possible less lube in the suspension, have create some problems and decrease my motorcycle life. You think?...
No, I don't think you are having any unusual problems which will shorten the life of your motorcycle.

Quote:
...For stuffs like this I guess chinese bikes have bad reputation. Even it's not factory problem, but from the people assambling them...
In general, Chinese motorcycles do not have the large dealer support network established by Japanese and European manufacturers. Therefore, most owners of Chinese motorcycles do all their own maintenance, and expect to be more independent than owners of other motorcycles.

Quote:
...If this continues I'll fight from some new bike. I just wanna enjoy my bike like I did when I bought my Honda 2 years ago.
I understand. If your problems with the dealer continue, you might enjoy better support from a Honda dealer, or another Japanese motorcycle dealer.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 05-07-2015, 04:55 AM   #3367

Quote:
The suspension is lubricated at the factory. I suggest you check for loose bolts, and/or have the dealer check for loose bolts under warranty service.

Please show us a photograph of the loose cable. We should be able to help.
Hello, thanks for the quick answer.
I'm pretty sure that squeaky noise is the suspension. I would take it to Zongshen center and see what they say. I'm just asking here, so I can go with an idea, and not being fool there .

About that photo... Aroung 10 minutes to my house, I felt like something hit my left leg, I asumed it was some garbage from the street. But now thinking could be that cable being loose in that moment. Maybe (?).

The cable originally was inside hanging vertically, but I put it outside so you can see it better.

Old 05-07-2015, 05:17 AM   #3368

it looks to be a breather hose..tuck it in behind the motor... not a issue..

But there is another issue I noticed in the pic....
the clutch cable retaining tag on the motors clutch
arm has never been bent down to stop the clutch cable
droping out of the arm.....
Bend it down.... it's the tag sticking out beside the word "UP"
on the cable seat....

77 Montesa Cota 348 MRR "Malcom Rathnell Replica"...

Current resto projects..
81 Honda CT110...
80 Kawasaki KL250A1...

11 Husaburg TE125 enduro... "sold" along with another 31...
Lifan 125 Pitbike.. "stolen" ...

KIWI BIKER FORUM...... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/content.php

All the best offroad rides in NZ...
http://www.remotemoto.com/

E-mail... xtpete1@gmail.com

Old 05-07-2015, 07:26 AM   #3369

Send a message via Skype™ to jezzrite
USB and cigarette port.

Just received new toys from TaoBao, the USB and cigarette ports that came stock with CSC's RX3.

Note that you have to purchase them separately; the individual ports, and the wing-mounts that you have to replace your stock wing-mount with.

Total is 4 items altogether. 2 ports n 2 mounts. USB by default is on the right side, and cigarette socket on the left side.

Some questions.

1) What is the name of this connector?

This is the connector that comes attached to the cigarette socket.

2) And this?

This one is attached to the USB port.

I'm having trouble finding these connectors at the local electronic/motorcycle/car accessories/hardware shops. And one shop even claimed that I can find those in car junkyards (we call them "half-cut shops" here).

I read that the RX3 comes with the headlight switch converted into accessories switch, straight from the factory. By regulation, motorcycles here are also required to switch the headlights all the time. So I'm thinking of configuring my wiring to be similar to RX3.

Any pointers? Or should I just skip the wiring reconfiguration, leave it as it is, and just find the connectors (tough luck to me) and plug it straight to the battery terminals?

No wonder aliens never make contact with us.

-A Zong rider-

Old 05-07-2015, 08:27 AM   #3370

Quote:
... Aroung 10 minutes to my house, I felt like something hit my left leg, I asumed it was some garbage from the street. But now thinking could be that cable being loose in that moment. Maybe (?).

The cable originally was inside hanging vertically, but I put it outside so you can see it better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
it looks to be a breather hose..tuck it in behind the motor... not a issue..

But there is another issue I noticed in the pic....
the clutch cable retaining tag on the motors clutch
arm has never been bent down to stop the clutch cable
droping out of the arm.....
Bend it down.... it's the tag sticking out beside the word "UP"
on the cable seat....
Pete is correct on both points. You can route the breather hose straight down just about any place where it will not be pinched. However, if you look at the frame near the back, left side of the engine, you will see a metal circle. You can route the breather hose through that circle, and it will be protected.

The tab on my clutch lever was also left unbent at the factory.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 05-07-2015, 09:04 AM   #3371

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezzrite View Post
...I'm having trouble finding these connectors at the local electronic/motorcycle/car accessories/hardware shops. And one shop even claimed that I can find those in car junkyards (we call them "half-cut shops" here).

I read that the RX3 comes with the headlight switch converted into accessories switch, straight from the factory. By regulation, motorcycles here are also required to switch the headlights all the time. So I'm thinking of configuring my wiring to be similar to RX3.

Any pointers? Or should I just skip the wiring reconfiguration, leave it as it is, and just find the connectors (tough luck to me) and plug it straight to the battery terminals?

The cigarette lighter and USB ports are connected to an optional, upgraded wiring harness sold by Zongshen. CSC included this wiring harness on all the RX3 motorcycles it imported to the United States.

The cigarette port and USB port you bought from Taobao are configured to connect into the optional, upgraded wiring harness. The mating connectors are located near the digital dashboard on all the bikes CSC imported to North America. However, since you don't have the upgraded wiring harness, I don't know where you can find those connectors. Perhaps someone else can help.

In addition, you will need a DC converter (transformer) for the USB port, which will change the battery voltage from 12V to the 5V needed by USB devices.

The auxiliary power ports on the CSC bikes are also part of the optional, upgraded wiring harness. These two connectors and located on the main wiring harness, which is routed down the left side of the bike's frame, near the front of the air box. CSC specified for Zongshen to wire these two connectors to the switchgear on the right handlebar.

http://californiascooterco.com/blog/?p=15503

If you don't have the auxiliary power connectors, you need to route the cigarette lighter and USB power ports directly to the battery, or tap into a power wire controlled by the ignition switch. In either case, you will also need to connect a DC converter for the USB port, if you want the USB port to provide the specified, 5V DC power.

You can buy the DC converters on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...erter&_sacat=0

Zongshen RX3 owners in the United States can purchase the DV converter which hooks into the upgraded wiring harness from Taobao.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...ucket=4#detail

The Zongshen converter is plugged into a special connector on the upgraded wiring harness. This connector is located under the pillion saddle.

http://www.rx3forums.com/forums/show...power-outlets?

Thanks to Huck369, from whom I borrowed the two photographs above.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 05-07-2015, 09:08 AM   #3372

CSC Cyclone RX3 owners in North America can use the two, auxiliary power connectors to provide electricity for devices other than the cigarette lighter and USB port. For example, I will be connecting a pair of heated grips to one of the auxiliary ports, which will be controlled by the switch on the right handlebar. The second, auxiliary power connector can be used to power extra lights, heated jackets, or any other electrical device.

The cigarette lighter and USB power ports on the CSC Cyclone RX3 motorcycles are connected to the special wiring harness, and receive power controlled by the ignition switch.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 05-07-2015, 09:34 AM   #3373

Quote:
Tony, you can also insert a dime in between each coil of the spring. It will grow a considerable amount, allowing you to easily place the spring over the tangs. After it's in place, just pop the dimes out. Thin washers work as well.
Great idea! Thank you, Weld. I have plenty of washers.

Quote:
Thank you, Tony. You might want to get one of these Tusk Spring Pullers.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...pring%20puller

I purchased a Stockton spring puller from Cycle Gear. The first pull on the spring, ripped the hook right out. I think they were meant for brake springs and the like.

Old 05-07-2015, 10:17 AM   #3374

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19Tony View Post
...I purchased a Stockton spring puller from Cycle Gear. The first pull on the spring, ripped the hook right out. I think they were meant for brake springs and the like.
Yes, this puller is specified for exhaust springs. Thanks for the warning.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 05-07-2015, 11:02 AM   #3375

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19Tony View Post
Great idea! Thank you, Weld. I have plenty of washers.
I'm happy to pass that tip on. I learned it from a smart gentleman on another forum.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer