Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2015, 11:25 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
On the XT660 the fault code is displayed on the dash automaticly once a fault is detected.
you instantly know what bit just stuffed up yer day....
Dose the RX3 do the same?

you can change some of the injection setting from the dash in dialoge mode...
TPS / CO etc
I was wondering the same thing. Is there more than a check engine light on the RX3?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-29-2015, 01:20 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
On the XT660 the fault code is displayed on the dash automaticly once a fault is detected.
you instantly know what bit just stuffed up yer day....
Dose the RX3 do the same?

you can change some of the injection setting from the dash in dialoge mode...
TPS / CO etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
I was wondering the same thing. Is there more than a check engine light on the RX3?
The Siemens microprocessor of the RX3 dashboard is not designed to interface with, nor configure the Delphi MT05 ECU. However, the engine fault light of the Siemens dashboard does receive a signal from the MT05 ECU. Therefore, the engine fault light might flash an error code if the ignition key is switched on/off for three cycles, as described below.

Fault light is located on the dashboard. Under normal circumstances, open the key, the fault light will be on, which means that the EFI system is in power state and can work.

After the engine is started, the fault light is off, which means there is no fault; conversely, if the engine is started the fault light is still on for long, which said the EFI system is not working properly, and there is a failure needing to troubleshoot.

Directly use fault light flashing on the instrument for diagnosis.

After confirming there is a fault, if open and close the key for three times, namely, open —close—open—close—open the key, the fault light will come to a flash code corresponding to the fault. And then through the fault code table identify the corresponding fault. With fault light reading fault, the rules of the flash code are as follows, for example, if the fault is the intake air pressure sensor is disconnected or the signal-side pin shorts to battery negative, after the key is opened and closed for three times the fault light will first flicker for 10 times on behalf of 0, flicker for 1 times on behalf of 1 after an interval of 1.2 seconds, flicker for 10 times again on behalf of 0 after an interval of 1.2 seconds, and after an interval of 1.2 seconds flicker for 7 times on behalf of 7 , namely, P0107. It is thus clear that other figures from 0 to 9 are expressed by the times of the flicker of the fault light except that figure 0 is expressed by flicker for 10 times. If there are other fault codes, such as fault P0201, which means there is a fault in the front cylinder injector, the fault light will continue to flicker P0201 fault code in 3.2 seconds after finishing P0107; if there is no other fault, the fault light will flicker P0107 and P0201 circularly, and then check the fault code table for related faults.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Last edited by SpudRider; 05-29-2015 at 02:22 PM.

Old 05-29-2015, 01:30 PM   #18

I discovered the information above in an online manual which contains information for diagnosing the Delphi MT05 EFI system. The Delphi EFI information begins on page 133 of the manual, which is shown at the following link.

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/816...age=138#manual

If you click the 'download' button at the top of the webpage, you can save the entire manual to your computer.

The manual describes three methods to diagnose the EFI system.

1) Engine warning light
2) Motorscan Diagnostic Tool
3) PCHUD software on computer

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-29-2015, 01:41 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanbeing View Post
Thanks for posting the good information, HB.

According to that thread, we can also adapt the following cable.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VAG-COM-KKL-...275&rmvSB=true

Where can we find the following connector?

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 05-29-2015, 05:34 PM   #20

On the XT code 55 is the last one yer want to see....
55 = ECU is toast
77 Montesa Cota 348 MRR "Malcom Rathnell Replica"...

Current resto projects..
81 Honda CT110...
80 Kawasaki KL250A1...

11 Husaburg TE125 enduro... "sold" along with another 31...
Lifan 125 Pitbike.. "stolen" ...

KIWI BIKER FORUM...... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/content.php

All the best offroad rides in NZ...
http://www.remotemoto.com/

E-mail... xtpete1@gmail.com

Old 05-30-2015, 05:22 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
Where can we find the following connector?
Similar to some http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=40884598106 Yamaha CDI
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=43132525510
---
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=36657258931
Furukawa https://www.furukawa.co.jp/tukuru/pd...pcon_01rfw.pdf

Old 05-30-2015, 03:25 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post

Directly use fault light flashing on the instrument for diagnosis.

After confirming there is a fault, if open and close the key for three times, namely, open —close—open—close—open the key, the fault light will come to a flash code corresponding to the fault. And then through the fault code table identify the corresponding fault. With fault light reading fault, the rules of the flash code are as follows, for example, if the fault is the intake air pressure sensor is disconnected or the signal-side pin shorts to battery negative, after the key is opened and closed for three times the fault light will first flicker for 10 times on behalf of 0, flicker for 1 times on behalf of 1 after an interval of 1.2 seconds, flicker for 10 times again on behalf of 0 after an interval of 1.2 seconds, and after an interval of 1.2 seconds flicker for 7 times on behalf of 7 , namely, P0107. It is thus clear that other figures from 0 to 9 are expressed by the times of the flicker of the fault light except that figure 0 is expressed by flicker for 10 times. If there are other fault codes, such as fault P0201, which means there is a fault in the front cylinder injector, the fault light will continue to flicker P0201 fault code in 3.2 seconds after finishing P0107; if there is no other fault, the fault light will flicker P0107 and P0201 circularly, and then check the fault code table for related faults.
I disconnected the O2 sensor to create a fault so the "engine" light would stay on when the bike was started.

Tried this method a few times and got absolutely nothing

Went on to do a few other things to my bike which involved disconnecting the battery.
The battery was out for about 1/2 hour.
Re fitted the battery, turned the ignition on and there it was flashing at me with the correct code

I haven't as yet repeated this so I'm not sure which part of what I did made the difference.

One more point is that I know I already have this fault code stored in its fault history. So not sure if it is reading this one or the fresh fault I created.

But it does prove that the flashing fault light does work

Soon I will be adding a new section to the first post

" What the hell is all this EFI stuff doing" &

" WTF are these gauges telling me"

A very basic guide for myself and anyone else , so check back

Old 05-31-2015, 11:08 AM   #23

Forget the battery bit, it was just a coincidence .

Seems you have to wait 60 seconds before the light starts to flash.

Its difficult for me to test properly now as I can't seem to clear historic fault codes so it flashes these

Old 05-31-2015, 11:19 AM   #24

Anyone For Graphs ?

Using the log program that comes with PCHUD

In seconds along the bottom starting at 0.23sec to 215.8 sec

Old 06-02-2015, 06:51 AM   #25

Cheers for the info Katflap, just tried the ignition on off on off on test.....got 10 flashs 5 flashs 10 flashes 5 flashs coming up in a loop, anyone know what fault this means? Is it 0505? Will be booking first service soon so see what the dealer says .....

Once again thanks to Katflap, got the code from a file included in a download from one of your PCHUD links, 0505....idle control error. Makes sense now as when I start off from cold starts although no more stalling at the moment the first few minutes riding at idle the revs are all over the place 1800 to 3000rpm until the engine warms up. Faulty stepper motor maybe? Bad or wet connection possible.....try the WD40 spray fix first and see if it clears.

Old 06-02-2015, 09:22 AM   #26

Yes, page 81 of the Delphi Small Engine EMS Service Manual specified code P0505 as an 'idle speed control error.' I suspect you are correct, and the problem is related to the stepper motor.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 06-02-2015, 10:34 AM   #27

Vic,

I could be wrong here but if the light stays on after you have started the engine you will see the current fault flashed then followed by the historic faults when doing this test.

If the light goes out after the engine is started then when you do the test, historic fault is flashed.

At one point I disconnected the input plug to the ignition coil and turned the ignition on without even attempting to start the engine .

This now flashes as a historic fault code.

I'm still trying to find out how to clear the historic fault code from its memory. PCHUD has this ability but at present it is "greyed out".

Have you tried to adjust the idle speed using the adjusting screw. The reason I ask is that from some of the stuff I've been reading gives the impression that the idle speed should only be adjusted using software and the data connection.

Old 06-02-2015, 12:46 PM   #28

The idle speed was adjusted by the dealer before I picked the bike up so don't know how it was done. I will ask on its service. Strange how its gone from initially stalling to uneven idle when cold. The engine check light did come on during my last ride home and now I know why getting the code.

Old 06-02-2015, 01:22 PM   #29

That sucks, Vic,

With the light being on whilst riding home it definitely seems like a current fault.

The idle adjustment thing was just a thought. I'm sure the dealer would have done it all correctly.

I hope they can sort it for you quickly

Old 06-03-2015, 02:59 AM   #30

I've dug out an old laptop running Windows XP and installed PCHUD and got it running using Katflaps HUB and PAR files.... will be testing it with my homemade lead and an old ELM327 KW2000 interface sometime today. You never know it just might work :-)

Tried my interface and lead this afternoon but no joy. On a plus side pulled the connectors off the stepper motor, reconnected them securely and the bikes running fine now from cold start no more surging or uneven idle, must have been a poor connection. Another thing I noticed if you just turn the ignition on and wait 60 seconds the engine fault light starts flashing any stored codes without using the on, off,on,off,on ignition cycle.

Last edited by No1Vic; 06-03-2015 at 12:46 PM.