Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2011, 02:59 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriel
Gotta find some cheap aftermarket silencers
both Spud and myself are fans of the FMF Turbine Core II. Around a hundred bucks, will bolt eright on, sounds great and also, passes USFS Approval.
I know this may be a stupid question or I may have missed it but when did you last change your oil? As you know, they only hold a quart. I change mine constantly. Cheap insurance.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 03-30-2011, 03:12 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ
... when did you last change your oil? As you know, they only hold a quart. I change mine constantly. Cheap insurance.

I changed it before few weeks. Rode it for Aprox. 150-200 kms after oil change.
Indeed-Cheap insurance

Ill see if a can get one FMF here in Croatia,the ones from Ebay are a bit expensive for me when you count in shipping and duty,taxes... :?

Old 04-02-2011, 05:57 AM   #18

Well i finally isolated the knocking/striking sound source...
Im amazed how it travels through the engine and can fool you 8O
Actually it is not the top end :oops: :oops: :oops:

After checking everything again and again and once again :roll: i realized its definitely coming from this part of the engine (yellow circle) and travels all over the place...on the right side of the engine its also hearable but not so loud as it is here(yellow circle),under the tank its also hearable almost as loud as here(yellow circle) so i thought it was the top end :oops: :oops: :oops:

Final question-could it be normal sound of drivetrain ,or something related to it ,operating and sligtly knocking,so i just take care of oil level (currently im on Valvoline Durablend 10w40 full sinthetic) and service intervals, or maybe a bad bearing somewhere so i need to break in the motor and check everything up? :?

I founded on the tw200 forums that these engines are quite noisy little buggers
Thank you all once again on your time helping me out!
Azriel

Old 04-02-2011, 06:10 AM   #19

Quote:
...After checking everything again and again and once again :roll: i realized its definitely coming from this part of the engine (yellow circle) and travels all over the place...

Final question-could it be normal sound of drivetrain ,or something related to it ,operating and sligtly knocking...

I founded on the tw200 forums that these engines are quite noisy little buggers
Thank you all once again on your time helping me out!
Azriel
The only thing under that portion of the left crankcase cover is the countershaft, and the countershaft sprocket.

When the engine is idling, neither the countershaft, nor the drive chain is turning; therefore, you should not hear any noise.

Indeed, these little engines make some noise. I did not hear any unusual sounds when I listened to your video; therefore, I don't think you have any problems with your engine.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-02-2011, 06:30 AM   #20

You are fast Spud!
I know that these parts are not turning when idling, just saying that the noise is coming from this portion of the engine,somewhere under the countershaft sprocket,from the inside... :?

Old 04-02-2011, 01:38 PM   #21

Quote:
...I know that these parts are not turning when idling, just saying that the noise is coming from this portion of the engine,somewhere under the countershaft sprocket,from the inside... :?
OK. If your engine is running well, and the bike is shifting well, I believe your engine is in good condition. I did not hear any unusual sounds when I listened to your video; therefore, I don't think you have any problems with your engine.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-02-2011, 01:55 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
OK. If your engine is running well, and the bike is shifting well, I believe your engine is in good condition. I did not hear any unusual sounds when I listened to your video; therefore, I don't think you have any problems with your engine.

Spud
OK. Thanks for help Spud!

Im new with this kind of bikes (China) and am looking at them with too much care i guess...Ill just start riding it like i stole it :twisted:,changing the oil and service it regulary and stop to worry about these little noisy demons in its engine

I belive they are good little engines and that they will do many kms if you take care for them. 8)

Once again thank you all for great helpful answers!!!

CASE CLOSED

Old 04-02-2011, 06:19 PM   #23

You're welcome, Azriel. Change the engine oil, and clean the oil filter every 1,200 miles (750 Km). Adjust the valve clearances every 2,500 miles (1,500 Km). If you change the oil and adjust the valves regularly, your Zongshen engine will serve you faithfully for many miles.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220