Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2020, 05:57 PM   #1

Loading ramp for putting an RX3 in a truck

Most ramps are around 69-70" and the "XL" ramps are 75-77. My truck is a Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, which has a mild factory lift over a base model and 33" tires on it. So the tailgate is at 36" off the ground. Most of the ramps are shown on lower, cargo-duty trucks and not a Jeep. So I wonder what peoples' experiences may be with loading this into a truck. Between the wheelbase and low engine clearance, I think the ramps may high-center. I'm trying to get a tri-fold ramp so I can use my feet to guide the bike up. A curved ramp would fix the high center problem, but I'd need to buy three of them for footing space.

Thoughts appreciated.

Old 05-19-2020, 08:38 PM   #2

You certainly have a difficult engineering problem. I suspect you will have to use at least two curved ramps with a ground support between them in order to meet the requirement of height and not high centering. Best of luck.

Peter Y.

Old 05-20-2020, 12:28 PM   #3

Oh man..... I want one of those trucks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD!

Ok...back to your issue. I have a 4x4 Chevy. Back when I lived in town, first thing I did was drop the rear tires in the gutter. I have the tri-fold HFT ramp. It's flatness kinda sucks but its worked for me if I could get the rear tires of the truck low enough. Our gutter worked. Then I'd search out a good unload spot on the other end.

You can also build some ramps out of wood for getting the front tires up on....

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-20-2020, 03:04 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Oh man..... I want one of those trucks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD!
It is absolutely spectacular. It's a Launch Edition, so it has every feature possible. The adaptive cruise control is so great, particularly for long trips with a trailer. Just settle in with the truck and let the car drive itself.

Good points on where to put the rear tires. There should be some option in most any location. When camping, mostly it will be offroad in the middle of nowhere, so there are always ground imperfections that can be used.

Old 05-23-2020, 09:13 PM   #5

I have a quick question , how long is the truck bed and does your bike rear wheel end up resting on your tailgate , just wondering because I want a R4 and it needs to fit in the bed of my F150

Old 05-27-2020, 03:33 PM   #6

The bed is 60" long to the tailgate, and the RX4 will sit on the tailgate. I don't have a ramp, so I've never loaded it. I am preparing for that now, which is why I posted the question. I measured the bike and the back tire will sit around the middle of the gate. Your F150 is probably a foot longer?