Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2011, 12:46 PM   #1

Wiring diagram for Tao Tao ATA-300H1

Hey guys. Long shot here but wondering if anyone has the wiring diagram for the large Tao Tao ATA-300H1. Picked it up for $500 from a guy. Was running GREAT. We were out a a few days ago and just jumping around some small hills in a field when it just shut down. I can't get a spark to the coil. I'm pretty good at figuring this kind of stuff out since I now have six Tao Tao atvs. I have noticed that the wiring to the cooling fan on the radiator has been melted. I'm gonna have to just break all the wiring down and see whats up with it.

Old 08-24-2011, 01:29 PM   #2

I would check the connections at the cdi. A wire may have come loose.

Old 08-24-2011, 05:45 PM   #3

I did but everything looks good. I did notice that there are only five wires on it but the one that is missing is the Shut Off wire. Don't think it was ever in there to begin with but on my others I've had that disconnected when I had to completely rewire my 200cc one. I ran a AC check on the coil and I get nothing so I'm back tracing to what controls the coil and then going from there.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:48 PM   #4

CDI

You may have a DC CDI... check to see if you have 12 volts there when you turn the key on... I do not know if this may be a DC CDI... But if you do not have a ac voltage.. then it might be.. you can find the CDI wiring pic on line or on this site...

Old 08-24-2011, 11:59 PM   #5

Yeah I'll have to check it. Just so silly. It was running and then it just stopped. My buddy was riding it and so now he feels so bad. I could be something so simple. I have a SunL ATV-115 that I picked up for a $100 bucks from a guy down the street. He couldn't get it running and advertised it on Craigslist for $150 or best offer. I got it home, bought a new carb for $51 from a guy around the corner that sells the parts, and it fired right up. It was running fine for a few minutes and just died. Couldn't get it to fire for nothing. Come to find out the ground on the CDI module was bad. It was crimped and in the plug but the terminal was crimped around the insulation but not the actual wire. I pried the terminal apart, recrimped it and we now have a great running extra atv for the kids.

I buy these and fix them for resale all the time. People just give up and no shop wants to play with them. I do have the advantage of having a guy a block up the street that stocks the parts for these though. Most people aren't so lucky.

Old 08-25-2011, 12:21 AM   #6

I ended up drawing my own electrical diagram for my Ricardo 200cc water cooled. This way I have the correct wire colors and all...

Old 08-25-2011, 02:14 AM   #7

I hear ya. That SunL ATV-115 was a wiring mess. I basically gutted it all and wired it right. I loved how they had about seven green ground wires just kinda swisted into a ball with a little bit of solder and cheap tape wrapped around it.

Old 08-27-2011, 05:14 PM   #8

Here is the wiring diagram that I drew up. I dont know if it will help anyone or not but here it is just the same..

Old 08-28-2011, 11:29 AM   #9

Thanks TACyJAC1999!

That certainly helps me through a current wiring project I have (yeah, the pun was intended). I`ll be referring to that image a few times, because it's much easier to read than shop manual schematics.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-28-2011, 11:45 PM   #10

TACyJAC1999 thanks for your diagram posting. Do you have it in a larger format instead of a picture? Its kind of hard to read. I haven't had any time this entire week to work on it. Seems when I think I might have some time the wife starts to bitch and so there goes my time towards something different. She enjoys riding these ATVs but then complains when I'm out in the garage trying to maintain them.

Old 09-01-2011, 11:10 PM   #11

I do have this diagram in a pdf format as well... I drew it up it Microsoft Visio. So I can save it in many formats... Let me know which one you would like...

Old 09-02-2011, 12:05 AM   #12

PDF would be great.

If you could shoot it to me at travis @ kc autosound. com (you'll have to put that all together. Stupid spam bots will attack me if I post it all in one)

Old 09-03-2011, 02:50 AM   #13

IPACA9 I sent that pdf file to you yesterday. I hope you got it ok

Old 09-03-2011, 11:16 AM   #14

I got it. Thanks and looks great. Now I just got to get the time to tear into this thing. Never fails. Every time I set aside to work on it something comes up.

Old 09-03-2011, 12:25 PM   #15

LOL, I hear ya... Same goes here... I was able to get out into the garage this morning and actually get mine started. I have a few adjustments to be made plus a bunch of mechanical tid bits to replace but so far so good...