Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2021, 04:03 PM   #1

Vermont Registration Help

Hello everyone! I recently received a Hawk-250 (non DLX) and after some heartache Alabama revealed I need a FMVSS sticker, yet they say almost nothing about it anywhere online and the people at the DMV don't even know what to call it. I want to do the Vermont trick and get it registered there, it all looked pretty easy except one thing. Vermont wants NADA to price it as well as the price I paid for the bike (whichever is higher is what they tax). The problem is that the website for NADA only gives prices to vehicles they know about from companies they know exist and no exceptions. Basically Hoasen doesn't exist on the website and I can not get them to "price" the bike for me to share with Vermont DMV. How have others been able to go through Vermont if this is a requirement? Thanks for any help, and hopefully this can help others in the same situation!

Old 04-11-2021, 08:19 PM   #2

*BUMP* I would also like some new input on this. I'm a little concerned about nys. I'll probably just send my papers off to VT and see what shakes out, primarily bc i hate nys. So if no one has any recent input here I'll be the guinea pig.

Old 04-12-2021, 03:48 AM   #3

Not advice, just sharing with you what I found online:

https://www.motorcyclezombies.com/re...cycle-vermont/

Testing a YouTube Channel

Old 04-19-2021, 09:55 AM   #4

Bad news with VT registration - I think they caught on to at least attempts to register the carbed Hawk. My brother and I sent registration applications to VT, and a few weeks later they sent back letters saying “sorry, we don’t register dirt bikes.” Kinda disappointed since everyone on here up to this year seemed to have success with registration from VT. I’d love to hear any feedback from anyone who has done the VT process this year, and hear about the outcome.

Old 04-19-2021, 01:02 PM   #5

You could probably get one inspected by a state trooper or the like that attests that it has all of the necessary street equipment, get it notarized, and then try locally first, and then send it in the direction of VT if that doesn't work. There's also the possibility of registering it as a kit build, or getting an XR200 frame and trying the same thing.

Old 04-19-2021, 02:24 PM   #6

Send a message via Skype™ to StrattonHawk
I just placed my order for 2 hawk 250 (regular carb) dual sport, and having them shipped to my vacation house in Vermont. I’m trying to figure out this process of how to register them in Vermont. I see that some folks are having trouble using the “trick”
To get a title/registration in VT from out of state. I’ll actually have these bikes in Vermont.
Any Vermonters having luck with the registration?

Tags
alabama, hawk-250, nada, registration, vermont