Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2020, 10:46 PM   #1

Bashan Brozz or Storm Registration in Polk County Iowa

I'm looking to buy a new Bashan brozz or storm vehicle from an online seller in the United States. I am very fearful because my DMV says the bike must have a label that states "this vehicle conforms to safety standards..". I have not been able to find a Chinese bike that has this label.

Does anyone know if Iowa will actually check the bike to see if it has that label or can I just give them the paperwork and we call it good?

All the sellers have told me that many people have already registered the bike in Iowa but I don't want to just believe them considering that the state says on both their website and in a private email to me that they will not register any vehicle without the national highway traffic safety administration's label. I attached a picture of what it looks like.

I do not currently have a motorcycle license if I were to buy this bike and wanted to ride it to the place to register it, would that be illegal? Also if I wanted to ride it to the DMV to take the license test would that be illegal if it wasn't already registered would I be pulled over for not having the plate?

I live in Polk county Iowa. Is it true that I need to pay shipping taxes in Iowa?

Anyone have previous success in polk county iowa?

https://chinariders.net/attachment.p...1&d=1478456769

Think the vermont registration thing would work for me?

Looking at the lifan xpect looks nice, not sure if it has the nhtsa label either

Last edited by jhnsartain3; 02-26-2020 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Forgot to add a question

Tags
brozz, iowa, nhsta, registration, title