Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX4
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2019, 01:13 PM   #121

I am only 30 minutes from CSC so I hitched a ride over there and picked up my RX4 in person. It has a familiar feel if you are used to the RX3, but with more power. I have only ridden it back home for 30 minutes so far, but I like it. The best thing I noticed is that it runs at about 6000 RPM on the freeway, where my RX3 would be running at closer to 8000 RPM with the stock gearing. Seems more refined quality than my RX3.

Old 09-30-2019, 08:06 PM   #122

Glad to hear that you like it. The extra power and better front braking, with similar ergonomics, is what I'm after versus the RX3, and this just reinforces that. I received an email from Sara requesting my color choice and delivery information Saturday, so it should not be more than a couple weeks before my RX4 is sitting at my door.

Old 10-01-2019, 12:24 AM   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Math Teacher View Post
I am only 30 minutes from CSC so I hitched a ride over there and picked up my RX4 in person. It has a familiar feel if you are used to the RX3, but with more power. I have only ridden it back home for 30 minutes so far, but I like it. The best thing I noticed is that it runs at about 6000 RPM on the freeway, where my RX3 would be running at closer to 8000 RPM with the stock gearing. Seems more refined quality than my RX3.
Out of curiosity, where are you? I just moved away from Northridge back to Yuma, AZ. I grew up in Northridge from '79 to '02, moved to AZ, and had a short move back to Northridge for about 18 months. Sadly, things didn't work out, so back to the desert.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 10-01-2019, 01:36 PM   #124

Grew up in the Valley and went to college at Northridge. It was an awesome place to be during the 70's and 80's. Now spending my time in the Long Beach and Orange County area. Maybe moving to AZ in a few years.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rx3rx4.jpg (93.8 KB, 537 views)

Old 10-01-2019, 02:50 PM   #125

Thumbs Up Nice to see new RX4 owners finally posting

I happy to see that buyers of the new RX4 are finally posting on this Forum about how they LIKE or DISLIKE their new RX4. I’m waiting to read postings about the comfort, ride quality, performance, gas mileage, and quality of the new RX4.
For the $5895.00 plus tax, license, assembly and transport fees this RX4 is pretty pricey when compared to other bikes of comparable engine size, horsepower, weight, riders comfort space and maintenance costs.

PCG

Old 10-01-2019, 08:43 PM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cylinderwonder View Post
I happy to see that buyers of the new RX4 are finally posting on this Forum about how they LIKE or DISLIKE their new RX4. I’m waiting to read postings about the comfort, ride quality, performance, gas mileage, and quality of the new RX4.
For the $5895.00 plus tax, license, assembly and transport fees this RX4 is pretty pricey when compared to other bikes of comparable engine size, horsepower, weight, riders comfort space and maintenance costs.

PCG
I disagree. Even when you figure in the total charges to get the bike to my house ($6195) it's still competitive once you consider the specs and the stuff that is included. Granted the RX4 is not quite the screaming deal as the first shipment of RX3 was but it's still not shabby. Add in the fact that the price is a no BS bottom line and now it's really attractive. A relative of mine just bought a new 750cc bike and the dealer was not shy about adding almost $1K to the MSRP for shipping, setup, and documentation. Most of that was total BS.

Old 10-01-2019, 09:58 PM   #127

You will know the OTD total price when you order from CSC. If you buy a DR650 or KLR from a dealer, they cannot tell you the OTD price until you drive it away.

Old 10-02-2019, 12:45 AM   #128

Doh! If you purchase this bike in California

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyoungbl View Post
I disagree. Even when you figure in the total charges to get the bike to my house ($6195) it's still competitive once you consider the specs and the stuff that is included. Granted the RX4 is not quite the screaming deal as the first shipment of RX3 was but it's still not shabby.
CHECK IT OUT!
If you live and purchase this bike, RX4, in California, it will cost the buyer over $6400.00! That’s quite expensive for a China Bike! The cost is greater than $1000.00 over this MSRP of $5395.00. Very comparable to purchasing a Japanese or European motorcycle!

Old 10-02-2019, 01:43 AM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelbender6 View Post
You will know the OTD total price when you order from CSC. If you buy a DR650 or KLR from a dealer, they cannot tell you the OTD price until you drive it away.
That is incredibly SHADY. Every dealer can and should give an OTD price before you show up. Are you excusing dealers' bad behavior or work at a dealer that does this?

Last edited by calvarez; 10-02-2019 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Because I worded it very poorly originally

Old 10-02-2019, 01:05 PM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cylinderwonder View Post
CHECK IT OUT!
If you live and purchase this bike, RX4, in California, it will cost the buyer over $6400.00! That’s quite expensive for a China Bike! The cost is greater than $1000.00 over this MSRP of $5395.00. Very comparable to purchasing a Japanese or European motorcycle!
Got it. You don't want to buy one and you think it's a roast. I think we all understand.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 10-03-2019, 12:30 PM   #131

We have all known the price for some months now. We had plenty of time to debate if it is a good deal or not. (It is a good deal what you get for the money. Not a smoking great deal like the first shipment of RX3, but still a really good deal).

Now is the time for us to hear from people who actually have one and can give some real life experiences with their RX4. Mine handles great on the road, has decent power, and carries it weight well. My only dig now is the kickstand is too short and the bike leans like crazy on it. The aftermarket foot for the RX3 does not fit the kickstand for the RX4. I cobbled together something that adds about a half inch to the kickstand and now am much happier.

Old 10-03-2019, 07:14 PM   #132

I'm wondering if the RX4 should have it's own subforum separate from the RX3 just to make finding things on the RX4 easier? What say you guys? rj

Old 10-03-2019, 08:45 PM   #133

need a RX4 forum!!

Old 10-03-2019, 11:30 PM   #134

Hehe Zongshen RX4 compared to the Kawasaki Z400

The Z400 has a 399cc parallel twin engine (smoother than an RX4) vs 450cc , more horsepower than an RX4 (46.7 vs 40.2) , weighs less than an RX4 (362 vs 450) , faster acceleration than an RX4 ,costs less than a RX4 ($4799 vs $5395) and in my opinion better looking than a RX4!
And the kickstand on the Z400 keeps the bike more upright than the kickstand on the RX4. The Z400 has better L.E.D. headlight, stoplight and turn-signal lights.
The Z400 is a much better purchase than a RX4! Less costly but more performance!
PCG

Old 10-04-2019, 12:10 PM   #135

Try Harder

You forgot to mention that the Z400 also has no crash protection, either OEM or aftermarket; no provision for luggage (no, backpacks aren't luggage); no weather protection ( I guess the Z400 rider could try to use an umbrella - good luck with that); no available wire wheels for off road riding; no OEM built in electrical accessory circuits. The Z400 also has no dual floating disc, radially mounted caliper front brakes; the Z400 does have plain old front forks, while the RX4 has adjustable inverted front forks. The Z400 has a small 3.7 gallon gas tank, the RX4 has a 5.3 gallon tank. The Z400 comes with a 12 month limited warranty, while the RX4 has a 24 month unlimited warranty.

I guess it's true what they say - "You get what you pay for." For the added features that the RX4 brings to the table, I'll gladly pay the extra $600 every time. As to your opinion of it's looks, well, like the saying goes - "Opinions are like a******s, everyone has one." You're certainly entitled to yours, even though it's wrong. (Don't feel bad, it happens to the best of us!) Having said all that, the Z400 is a nice scoot; and if Kawasaki ever sees fit to put their 400 cc engine in an ADV chassis, I'll certainly give it a look. But right now, comparing the Z400 to the RX4 is like comparing a claw hammer to a sledge hammer - they'll both drive a nail, but one will do a hell of a lot more in addition than the other.