Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2014, 01:23 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
...I have been riding in the 105 to 108 F range home from work (16+ miles), but this week has been even hotter at 114 F to 118 F. The bike does not skip a beat, fortunately, since I would hate to be sitting on the side of the road with turkey vultures waiting for me to cook to the proper temperature!...

I'm glad to hear your TMEC200 is performing well in the excessive heat.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 07-26-2014, 10:31 AM   #32

TMEC-200 Mod 12

Well I got a bug up my arse about fixing the side stand before I went riding today. I emulated the Japanese method. It seems odd to me that TMEC wouldnt just do it the correct way to start with. I took the cut off wheel and clipped the welds then pulled the upper pin out of the hole. I used a bolt that came from the crate packing and put it in the back side of the hole and welded it from the front and back. I then removed the lower pin off the front and put it in the same location but on the back of the side stand. After the modification I only needed the single larger spring. There will be a couple posts to show the before and after.

Here it is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0510~1.jpg (39.2 KB, 331 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0515~1.jpg (55.1 KB, 326 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0514~1.jpg (28.7 KB, 327 views)

Old 07-26-2014, 10:32 AM   #33

Moar!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0516~1.jpg (27.0 KB, 324 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0518~1.jpg (36.5 KB, 314 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0523~1.jpg (25.3 KB, 317 views)

Old 07-26-2014, 11:02 AM   #34

Here are the KLR650 foot pegs I purchased.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110924667768...84.m1439.l2649

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmprestine View Post
Replaced the stock foot pegs with some KLR650 ones that sell on ebay for $20. Next I will cut the mounts off and reweld in proper position. Dam chinese squares.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg foot pegs.jpg (47.7 KB, 357 views)

Last edited by mmprestine; 07-26-2014 at 11:36 AM.

Old 07-26-2014, 11:26 AM   #35

Here is how to modify the turn beeper.

Behind the front headlight fairing there will be a small plastic box. Inside is just a simple RC (resistor/capacitor) circuit to generate the flasher interval. To be able to get in there you have to remove the two 10mm bolts on the sides of the fairing and tilt it back. Some times pictures are worth a thousand words so take a look. Remember I have completely removed my piezo so it is not there. You can do the same or just put some scotch tape over the small hole in it to quiet it down if you choose to leave it. Also you can see how I black taped the hole to protect the circuit from moisture. Again multiple posts to show the pictures.
Matt

Quote:
The irritating turn signal buzzer lasted about ONE turn. Ha Ha I made a funny! Only picture I have but it was very simple. Take the black box apart and clip the small black piezo speaker wires to remove it. Also taped the hole as water would just fill up the plastic box.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0525.jpg (31.9 KB, 317 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0526.jpg (38.0 KB, 314 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0527.jpg (25.0 KB, 323 views)

Old 07-26-2014, 11:28 AM   #36

Continued.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0528.jpg (17.8 KB, 330 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0529.jpg (23.4 KB, 325 views)
File Type: jpg piezo.jpg (55.4 KB, 331 views)

Old 07-26-2014, 12:51 PM   #37

Excellent! I'm going to try that today.

While I'm playing with the flasher, I'm going to see if I can convert to a regular flasher. If I can, I'll be able to use an LED flasher instead.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-26-2014, 03:49 PM   #38

sweet!! i just put tape over my beeper and its much quieter! at least until i get used to turning it off. about to go look at my chain roller, ill have to order that one from rocky mtn atv. and definitely getting those foot pegs too!!

Old 07-26-2014, 03:54 PM   #39

Quote:
Removed all the epa carb crap, built a block off plate and used a vacuum plug on the carb intake. The engine is now about 35% quieter and the odd valve noise is now gone. Engine runs cooler and has more power throughout the rpm range.
going to have questions on this, but first ill ask a friend who is going to help me do it if it makes sense to him…

and i just put tape over the beeper for now, much quieter!! thanks for that tip!! ill be getting those fort pegs too, and should go look at my chain roller now while I'm thinking about it. this site is the best!!

Old 07-26-2014, 06:36 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post

I'm glad to hear your TMEC200 is performing well in the excessive heat.
Yes, as long as I keep the air flowing, I don't believe the excessive heat affects the bike any more than lower temps. I thought it was when our temps started hitting the 100 F, and I could definitely feel more heat on my thighs, but then realized the engine felt hotter (because it is running hotter) due to the EPA equipment that I did not have on the '09

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 07-26-2014, 06:54 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by footer View Post
going to have questions on this, but first ill ask a friend who is going to help me do it if it makes sense to him…

and i just put tape over the beeper for now, much quieter!! thanks for that tip!! ill be getting those fort pegs too, and should go look at my chain roller now while I'm thinking about it. this site is the best!!
These tips are great! I personally like the noisy turn signals simply because I am one of those types that forgets to cancel the signal and will ride for miles with my signal flashing. But I have been contemplating getting rid of the alien-to-me EPA smog crap that was forced on the '13 and '14 TMEC models.

I definitely need something for my chain because my chain rubs the rubber guide due to my smaller rear sprocket. I am hoping that Wade will convince the TMEC factory to start using 46 tooth rear sprockets as I have suggested to him numerous times. But they would definitely need to figure out a fix for the chain guide if they do that (or if Wade finds a manufacturer to make a 46 tooth rear with this bolt pattern in steel as an aftermarket option).

Speaking of rear sprockets, Rebel Gears of Tennessee (I think of Tenn, but they are on the internet) do have the TMEC bolt pattern when I had them make me a 40 tooth, but if you want to have them custom make you one, get at least a 44 in my opinion. But, keep in mind, they make them in an alloy since they are technically made for competition, and I went through a few chains on my commutes since the alloy ate them up (I did not realize people who compete in motocross and such will buy a chain just to use for a race or two, so that kind of made me realize that my sprocket had nothing necessarily wrong with it, as well as my chains, but the sprocket was not made for commuting like the stock 56 or the steel 48 I found in the UK via JT Sprockets (I guess you can order the 48 via JT's US affiliate, but it was easier and less cost to use an online parts retailer in the UK who carried them).

http://www.urbanbike.co.uk/

http://www.rebelgears.com/

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 07-26-2014, 07:39 PM   #42

Let it breathe

I know that some of these mods are to much for some but I will capture them anyway. Here I modded the exhaust to remove the catalatic honey comb to allow the exhaust to breathe more. Cut it, Dig it, Tig it!
Matt
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0544.jpg (31.6 KB, 418 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0545.jpg (39.3 KB, 411 views)

Old 07-26-2014, 07:40 PM   #43

Another!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0548.jpg (20.0 KB, 320 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0549.jpg (25.1 KB, 314 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0550.jpg (24.1 KB, 320 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0553.jpg (37.4 KB, 317 views)

Old 07-26-2014, 07:41 PM   #44

Getter done!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0551.jpg (26.8 KB, 342 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0552.jpg (20.6 KB, 345 views)

Old 07-26-2014, 07:55 PM   #45

How much does Reble Gears charge for a custom made sprocket?

It seems unclear to me how the alloy would devour the chains. Was the actual pitch of the teeth correct? Perhaps the engagement was to deep for the type of chain roller that was used? These are all just questions. I have been looking around for some cheap plate sprockets that I can tailor to the bolt pattern of the TMEC. I have a small CNC at home that I could cut some customs but starting with the plate sprockets is very cheap and then I just need to mill the bolt pattern. I was also looking at Honda and Yamaha sprockets also but just haven't pursued it very hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
These tips are great! I personally like the noisy turn signals simply because I am one of those types that forgets to cancel the signal and will ride for miles with my signal flashing. But I have been contemplating getting rid of the alien-to-me EPA smog crap that was forced on the '13 and '14 TMEC models.

I definitely need something for my chain because my chain rubs the rubber guide due to my smaller rear sprocket. I am hoping that Wade will convince the TMEC factory to start using 46 tooth rear sprockets as I have suggested to him numerous times. But they would definitely need to figure out a fix for the chain guide if they do that (or if Wade finds a manufacturer to make a 46 tooth rear with this bolt pattern in steel as an aftermarket option).

Speaking of rear sprockets, Rebel Gears of Tennessee (I think of Tenn, but they are on the internet) do have the TMEC bolt pattern when I had them make me a 40 tooth, but if you want to have them custom make you one, get at least a 44 in my opinion. But, keep in mind, they make them in an alloy since they are technically made for competition, and I went through a few chains on my commutes since the alloy ate them up (I did not realize people who compete in motocross and such will buy a chain just to use for a race or two, so that kind of made me realize that my sprocket had nothing necessarily wrong with it, as well as my chains, but the sprocket was not made for commuting like the stock 56 or the steel 48 I found in the UK via JT Sprockets (I guess you can order the 48 via JT's US affiliate, but it was easier and less cost to use an online parts retailer in the UK who carried them).

http://www.urbanbike.co.uk/

http://www.rebelgears.com/

Tags
163fml, 200cc, tmec, tmec-200, tmec-200-1