Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2021, 11:43 PM   #1

200cc Skyteam/DSF 200

Hello, im new around here, i have read lots of posts from here and i decided to come with my first post... i have an UM/DSF 200 or Skyteam ST 200 with lifan 200cc engine (as i learned here hehe), anyways, i bought the motorcycle for a truly good price, had issues with the electrical harness, and the engine had low compression... so, i decided to repair both, made the whole new harness reusing the wires, and its perfect, on the other side the mechanical part... i bought a new cylinder (previous one was broken too!!) and ok it ran fine i have been using it for a while, more than 300miles i guess, the issue is that it always has been consuming a lot of fuel.... so after a while using it and with the first oil change i noticed the oil mixed with fuel!!... idk why, i guess is carburetor related issue? it had a PZ27(27mm carb) which didnt worked (hard to start and no fuel was reaching the engine) i changed it for a PZ30(30mm) as the manual says,so everything was perfect ran 100% for a while, the spark plug (NGK D8EA) had the right color (no fuel deposits, even with the high fuel comsuption)... but suddenly it started to fail very early, even before the first oil change... so idk what it might be, im seeking for some knowledge and help!!

PD: when i did the first dissassembly i noticed that the piston didnt reach the top of the cylinder, the new one dosnt reach as well!! its like 4-6mm away from the top even in its higher point.... this might be the cause of the issue?... i was planning to get it machined properly so it does reach the top but idk... so thats all my issue and my story, im glad to be around here... i will upload some pictures these days... and thanks!!

Old 02-25-2021, 06:15 AM   #2

Do you shut the fuel off when not riding?.
Possible carb float level not set right and while parked fuel is just siphoned down into the engine

Old 02-25-2021, 12:53 PM   #3

Yeah, just in case every time i park it i close the fuel valve, i teared appart the carb a couple times and the level was ok (new carb)... was thinking in returning to a pz27... idk if that might be the issue... bigger carb more fuel

Old 02-25-2021, 01:57 PM   #4

It could be the fuel valve is shot and leaks anyway.

Old 02-25-2021, 03:15 PM   #5

How i can test if that's the issue?... i changed the original valve because it was leaking and ever since i bought it i leave it closed, this week i left the motorcycle with 0 fuel and drained the whole valve (it comes with a small filter inside).

Last edited by alber813; 02-25-2021 at 03:16 PM. Reason: wrong url

Tags
200cc, dsf, lifan, skyteam, st200