Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2020, 05:25 PM   #1

Leaking carb

my 2019 apollo db-36 is leaking gas into my airbox & looks like it coming out the top of the carb. I have to turn the petcock off in order to start leaking. My floats are not sticking & i checked both main & pilot jet & its not clogged i have this carb https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07CN...b_b_asin_title . Also leaks the same with the stock carb which is the pz30. Help please.

Old 09-12-2020, 07:35 PM   #2

Don't you shut the petcock off when you're done riding?

Old 09-12-2020, 10:33 PM   #3

Yes each & every time. So for it to do it on both carbs. I don't know what else to check. Maybe the petcock faulty?

Old 09-13-2020, 07:59 AM   #4

Do you have a vent line on the gas cap, or one of those "button" vents? Sometimes, if the vent (or gas cap) is clogged, the tank will pressurize and push gas through the carb if the petcock is open.

Old 09-13-2020, 10:03 AM   #5

No vent line just a cap. Like this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AGB-36-250-03-242.jpg (39.7 KB, 159 views)

Old 09-13-2020, 10:04 AM   #6

and this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AGB-36-250-03-241.jpg (36.2 KB, 142 views)

Old 09-13-2020, 10:50 AM   #7

If the fuel is coming out of the “top of the carb” then your float is stuck ,or the needle and seat are leaking ,or the float height is set too high .There is no other possibility as those are the only components that maintain the highest and lowest levels of fuel in your carb .You might have some trash in your fuel tank or lines ,allowing it to get stuck in the needle and seat area causing the flooding situation .I have a brand new outboard motor here today that is going through this exact thing and the tank will be coming off ,the fuel line replaced ,a filter installed ,and the little black junk removed from the seat .

Old 09-13-2020, 11:34 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruces View Post
If the fuel is coming out of the “top of the carb” then your float is stuck ,or the needle and seat are leaking ,or the float height is set too high .There is no other possibility as those are the only components that maintain the highest and lowest levels of fuel in your carb .You might have some trash in your fuel tank or lines ,allowing it to get stuck in the needle and seat area causing the flooding situation .I have a brand new outboard motor here today that is going through this exact thing and the tank will be coming off ,the fuel line replaced ,a filter installed ,and the little black junk removed from the seat .
Yeah i think I may do the same because it has to be the internals of the carb. Also, I'm gonna find some non ethanol fuel. When I filled up my 5 gallon tank I thought I hit non ethanol but ended up doing 89 but did put some sta-bil in the tank as well. But im gonna do a full carb cleaning. Also, was wondering what jetting do need? I'm about 400 above sea level i have 100 main & i think 40 pilot.