Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2015, 08:12 PM   #1

New JL250P from Tejas!

Purchased a Jl250P/Roketa MC-113 about 2 weeks ago, and riding has brought about a TON of questions!! But glad to have found a forum with Chinese Motorbike riders like myself!!

Old 03-09-2015, 10:02 PM   #2

Welcome to here! NSTMIKE just joined us recently, from Houston, Texas, with the same bike. I know Austin is not too far from Houston--you guys should try to get together and compare 'notes.' I think you two are the very few who have joined us with that same bike in the past few years!

http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=14459

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-09-2015, 10:39 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Welcome to here! NSTMIKE just joined us recently, from Houston, Texas, with the same bike. I know Austin is not too far from Houston--you guys should try to get together and compare 'notes.' I think you two are the very few who have joined us with that same bike in the past few years!

http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=14459
Yes sir!

Old 03-09-2015, 10:43 PM   #4

Hey BB250! I just bought my JL a few weeks ago, in Houston. Did you buy yours brand new or used? I'm assuming since you said 113 that you have the twin cylinder dual exhaust model? Mine is the second version, the single cylinder single exhaust version.

Welcome to the forums. I'm pretty sure we are the only recent JL owners here, the older ones do not seem to have stuck around very long.

POST SOME PICS and stay active!

Old 03-10-2015, 12:07 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSTMIKE View Post
Hey BB250! I just bought my JL a few weeks ago, in Houston. Did you buy yours brand new or used? I'm assuming since you said 113 that you have the twin cylinder dual exhaust model? Mine is the second version, the single cylinder single exhaust version.

Welcome to the forums. I'm pretty sure we are the only recent JL owners here, the older ones do not seem to have stuck around very long.

POST SOME PICS and stay active!

I bought it brand new! Its a 2011 but it had 0 miles on the clock so i consider it brand new! And yes indeed it is the dual cylinder, dual exhaust model! Quick question, does your speedometer seem to be off? Around highway speeds (60 ish) mine is wrong by 10+ mph.. It was actually your posts that made me decide to join! That and you have one helluva Spyder (spelling?)!!

Old 03-10-2015, 12:10 AM   #6

Also thanks for the welcomes guys! Much appreciated!

Old 03-10-2015, 12:40 AM   #7

I'll add another welcome! Thanks for joining us.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-10-2015, 04:48 AM   #8

Welcome; we are glad you joined us.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-10-2015, 02:48 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBad250 View Post
I bought it brand new! Its a 2011 but it had 0 miles on the clock so i consider it brand new! And yes indeed it is the dual cylinder, dual exhaust model! Quick question, does your speedometer seem to be off? Around highway speeds (60 ish) mine is wrong by 10+ mph.. It was actually your posts that made me decide to join! That and you have one helluva Spyder (spelling?)!!

That's awesome, and yes it is spelled Spyder

I'm not exactly sure on the speedo, but you may be right... I let a friend take mine for a ride and he mentioned he thought it may be off a bit.

How are you liking yours so far? Any issues? Have you owned other bikes? Mine seems to be working well and I'm enjoying it... first bike I've ever owned.

Stick around and post some pics!

Old 03-11-2015, 10:04 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSTMIKE View Post

That's awesome, and yes it is spelled Spyder

I'm not exactly sure on the speedo, but you may be right... I let a friend take mine for a ride and he mentioned he thought it may be off a bit.

How are you liking yours so far? Any issues? Have you owned other bikes? Mine seems to be working well and I'm enjoying it... first bike I've ever owned.

Stick around and post some pics!

I've been dealing some kinks here and there, but nothing too major. Other than the fact that it leaks gas but only when I fill up. But it's probably because I comoletely top it off. One thing that really rustles my jimmies, is my gas tank rattles!!! But only loud enough for me to hear it! But overall, I really enjoy it! As far as previously owned bikes goes, I've mostly owned dirtbikes and a few mini crotch rockets! One thing I'm really considering is trying to swap a Cmx450 engine into this tiny thing! More power, but not an unbearable amount! Any other suggestions that could boost performance are greatly appreciated!!

Old 03-11-2015, 11:37 PM   #11

Remove your tank and install some rubber washers at the fittings. Rattles and vibrations drive me crazy.

/

Old 03-12-2015, 12:01 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
Remove your tank and install some rubber washers at the fittings. Rattles and vibrations drive me crazy.

/
That's what i was planning on doing, but I want to wait until I can dedicate a full day/weekend to removing all the bolts and applying locktight and rubber washers where needed. I also saw someone that had strips off rubber running down the bottom of the tank near the frame, I guess that'd work if it was thick enough! But thank you for your suggestion! Is it normal for some of these bolts to be finger tight? One of the bolts that holds the tank down, under the seat, was EXTREMELY loose and the other one was about finger tight. Same with the bolts on my battery terminals!

Old 03-12-2015, 09:53 AM   #13

Yes loose bolts are very common on all China bikes. Like you said above take a day to remove, apply Loctite and tighten every bolt you can see. At the same time you should go over all your electrical connections as well to make sure they are tight.

/

Old 03-12-2015, 01:30 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBad250 View Post
That's what i was planning on doing, but I want to wait until I can dedicate a full day/weekend to removing all the bolts and applying locktight and rubber washers where needed. I also saw someone that had strips off rubber running down the bottom of the tank near the frame, I guess that'd work if it was thick enough! But thank you for your suggestion! Is it normal for some of these bolts to be finger tight? One of the bolts that holds the tank down, under the seat, was EXTREMELY loose and the other one was about finger tight. Same with the bolts on my battery terminals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
Yes loose bolts are very common on all China bikes. Like you said above take a day to remove, apply Loctite and tighten every bolt you can see. At the same time you should go over all your electrical connections as well to make sure they are tight.

/

All really good suggestions. I've been meaning to do the same to mine. In fact, BB, my gas tank was missing a bolt entirely!

Best of luck with yours, and please keep posting as you make upgrades.

Old 03-13-2015, 09:58 PM   #15

Well... Devoting a weekend to working on the bike almost went down the drain... The chain popped off while I was on the highway! Scary stuff!! But I at first thought the transmission was shredded, none of the gears worked and all I heard was metal on metal grinding, but it was a slight relief to find out that it was only the chain! I have from now until midday Sunday to take the bike apart and fix everything that I find wrong with it! I'm not sure if I should post pictures here or in a new thread? What do yall think?

LET THE COUNT DOWN BEGIN!!