Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2017, 04:55 PM   #31

So my Enforcer is scheduled to be here in the morning. Only took around 7 weeks but o well.

Let's talk proper break in for the CG motor. What are the experts recommending?

This is going to be a very slow build. I will be doing exactly what was recommended by you guys previously.

1. Changing all fluids
2. Removing every bolt and nut I can find and adding loc-tite or a lock washer.
3. Adding grease to the swing arm- I could use some direction on this. Anywhere else I should pack in the grease?

I plan on riding it stock through the break in period then replacing the exhaust,air box mod, and jetting.

Old 08-20-2017, 06:09 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwhorter-enforcer View Post
So my Enforcer is scheduled to be here in the morning. Only took around 7 weeks but o well.

Let's talk proper break in for the CG motor. What are the experts recommending?

This is going to be a very slow build. I will be doing exactly what was recommended by you guys previously.

1. Changing all fluids
2. Removing every bolt and nut I can find and adding loc-tite or a lock washer.
3. Adding grease to the swing arm- I could use some direction on this. Anywhere else I should pack in the grease?

I plan on riding it stock through the break in period then replacing the exhaust,air box mod, and jetting.
Front and rear axle, and the swing arm bolt or axle. Also gease the stem head bearings...ARH

Old 08-20-2017, 06:20 PM   #33

Border, the Bashan Enforcer and the Hawk are VERY close, but imho the Bashan is hands down the better buy. The EPA certification and better carb make the minuscule difference in cost a no brained decision. The Storm (again, my humble opinion) is a step up in a lot of ways. Check out the comparisons the retailers use on their sites, you'll see what I mean.

I'm seriously hoping a 2016 Storm is still available when I get the money, that way I can focus my Brozz as a road only bike and make the Storm my off-road beast ��

Rides a 2016 Bashan 18C with Blue PlastiDip, piped and jetted, USB charger, real-time digital volt meter, faux carbon fiber handguards, 5 COB led headlight upgrade, auxiliary led light bars, and an MSR shift lever with new grips, T6 aluminum handlebars anodized in blue, polished handlebar brace, decals, HD Unibear chain and spoke covers waiting on the always-full mod shelf......

Old 08-20-2017, 06:30 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter View Post
Front and rear axle, and the swing arm bolt or axle. Also gease the stem head bearings...ARH
So is there a how to video somewhere? I know MOTOCHEEZ has kinda moved on from the hawk but if there is not...maybe he may be interested in making one.

Old 08-20-2017, 08:54 PM   #35

Quote:
So is there a how to video somewhere? I know MOTOCHEEZ has kinda moved on from the hawk but if there is not...maybe he may be interested in making one.
I don't know if there is a video, but it really isn't that tuff. Just wet the axles and swing arm bolt in grease (you can be more generous with the swing arm bolt), and slack off the stem head adjusting nut (under the stem head lock nut) until you can see the lower stem head bearings. You can goober up the stem head bearings pretty much, or, in other words, be generous with the grease. You did this with the bike on the center stand. Next, let the machine off of the center stand, and let it rest on the side stand. Now you should be able to put the grease to the upper stem head bearings. Tighten the stem head adjusting nut finger tight and put the bike back up on the center stand. Now tighten the stem head bearing nut until the forks turn with NO resistance, but the forks don't have any play at the stem head. When it is right, tighten up the stem head lock nut while holding the other nut with a wrench so it doesn' tighten or loosen the bearings. Use marine grease. It will keep the water out...ARH

Old 08-21-2017, 09:34 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWeld View Post
Border, the Bashan Enforcer and the Hawk are VERY close, but imho the Bashan is hands down the better buy. The EPA certification and better carb make the minuscule difference in cost a no brained decision. The Storm (again, my humble opinion) is a step up in a lot of ways. Check out the comparisons the retailers use on their sites, you'll see what I mean.

I'm seriously hoping a 2016 Storm is still available when I get the money, that way I can focus my Brozz as a road only bike and make the Storm my off-road beast ��
For me the problem is the Storms seat height is way too low for me (I'm 6'1").

Old 08-21-2017, 07:38 PM   #37

Well it came....getting started!!

Old 08-22-2017, 12:04 AM   #38

Question

Quote:
Well it came....getting started!!
Where's the pics?

Old 08-22-2017, 03:42 PM   #39

Please take a lot of photos and video if possible! I'm really interested in this model.

Old 08-22-2017, 08:48 PM   #40

Bashan Storm 250

Are any of you familiar with the Bashan Storm 250? See photo. The 2017 Bashan Storm 250cc Enduro has the 250cc GY 4-stroke engine and the 5-speed standard transmission. Its' supposedly fully street legal and is also freeway legal. It comes with with electric engine start and also has a remote engine start along with a kick start in case you ever loose your battery power. I personally don't think they look as good as the Hawk, but I get the impression that they are a step up in quality, etc... Any thoughts greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bahsan Storm 250.JPG (60.0 KB, 711 views)

Old 08-22-2017, 10:13 PM   #41

Sra1013.... It is the same quality as the all the other Bashans..... However after a lot of research I take all of them to be off better quality than a Hawk. That's not to say Hawks are bad however. I should also note the Storm has the same 229cc engine, not a true 250.

Old 08-22-2017, 10:56 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Border411 View Post
Sra1013.... It is the same quality as the all the other Bashans..... However after a lot of research I take all of them to be off better quality than a Hawk. That's not to say Hawks are bad however. I should also note the Storm has the same 229cc engine, not a true 250.
The engine on the storm is counterbalanced. Not so on the hawk or enforcer.

Old 08-23-2017, 06:29 AM   #43

Well I noticed while putting the bike together yesterday that there is a slight warp in the front rim. Not a huge amount but spinning the wheel you can see it. Any suggestions?

Old 08-23-2017, 07:59 AM   #44

Bigweld....you need to stop using photobucket man! None of the photos show up because it says "please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting"! Use IMGUR....way easier and free.

Old 08-23-2017, 11:03 AM   #45

Quote:
Well I noticed while putting the bike together yesterday that there is a slight warp in the front rim. Not a huge amount but spinning the wheel you can see it. Any suggestions?
get a spoke wrench and true the wheel
13' long chopper in progress
2009 johnny pag bar hog
2004 hd electra glide ultra classic shriner edition
1997 harley davidson 1200 sportster
1972 harley davidson amf sx250

Tags
bashan, enforcer