Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2022, 05:15 PM   #1

Angry Hard start. Won't idle without stalling. Backfire.

Back again... I'm getting really redacted sick of this bike right now. I've had more issues in the last 2 months than I've had over the last almost 3 years of ownership....

Rundown of what's going on...

Bike was hard to start today, temperature wasn't the issue because I've started right up in much colder than todays 55F.. Had to kickstart, figured battery was low on juice. But seemed to idle fine at this point.

Head out and less than quarter mile into the journey I noticed a little bit of stuttering. But I didn't think too much into it at the time.

When went to jump on the bike to get home I again couldn't electric start, but kicked it a couple times and it turned over.

This is where the issues really started... As I was going to leave the parking lot the bike stalled and I struggled to get it started again over the next 10 - 15 minutes, battery had also started beeping, so it's low..

The bike wasn't staying at idle without giving throttle, but no backfire yet. Took backroads so I didn't have to stop and risk stalling it again.

At home I pull the plug, didn't see any problems with it but changed out anyway. Again could barely get it started and was still stalling and now I've got backfire as well.

Pulled the pod filter off and put the airbox back on to see if maybe that's causing some weird problem, but nope, same thing.

A side note; over the last couple of days I felt power loss around 4th gear where it wasn't climbing like it used to. But those were colder days.

TL;DR: Bike hard to start (electric & kick). Stalling at idle. When giving throttle at idle to keep running it backfires. Sputtering. Recent power loss in 4th and 5th gear.

2020 TBR7