Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2008, 03:01 PM   #31

How do you know how many hits your gallery has?

What do you think of these 2 bikes,
http://pcpowersports.com/details.htm...d=229409&cat=6
http://pcpowersports.com/details.htm...d=229400&cat=6

The stuff all looks good, we need a shot of the whole bike though, with the new parts on it.

Old 03-11-2008, 03:02 PM   #32

I bought these saddle bags and am happy with them. And let me tell you, they are FREAKING HUGE! They fit the Lifan almost perfectly though.
Saddlebags

This tail bag sounds good too, it's very large and converts to a daypack so you don't have to leave it when the bike is parked.
Tankbag

Just don't bother with the jackets listed, they suck (it's like wearing a garbage bag).

Old 03-11-2008, 03:28 PM   #33

When I go to the gallery before clicking on frosty's album it says 2471 views, mine says 2251 views.

I like the look of those bikes jim but not enough power. If there was a 150cc I would have picked it over the DS I bought. If I can get my bike running reliably(sp), I'd be verry happppy. As soon as the snow melts I'll have nice pics up. The year I get my motorcycle licence, we get the largest snow fall since 1936, figures eh?

Knot,
Ya I saw those bags, but since this one opens to a large packsack with a cooler underneeth and it was free from my ma, I'm going to give it a shot. I don't yet know what I need, so I'll save the cash for parts that I will need later.

Old 03-11-2008, 04:25 PM   #34

Yeah would be nicer with a 200 or 250 even... I just like the style of the first one especially.

Knothead, I got a set of the saddle bags too and a tail bag... The tail bag I like, but I didn't know where to put the saddle bags what wouldn't cover my signals, did you put them infront of the rack?

Old 03-11-2008, 06:23 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
Yeah would be nicer with a 200 or 250 even... I just like the style of the first one especially.

Knothead, I got a set of the saddle bags too and a tail bag... The tail bag I like, but I didn't know where to put the saddle bags what wouldn't cover my signals, did you put them infront of the rack?
Jim,
I can't remember which bike you have, but if it has the same rack as mine put the rear most strap through the front part of the rack and under seat. The middle strap goes just in front of the pin that locks the seat down and the front most strap goes where ever it lands. The flat bungies on the bottoms, I latch the plastic hook up front to the little metal loop on the passenger pegs and then pull all of the elastic towards the back of the bike, loop that over the bike and attatch the other end to the plastic d-ring on the back of the other bag...... I really ought to just take a pic, it would be easier to understand.
So far I have had no trouble with the bags getting burned on the pipe and they are far enough back to leave plenty of room for my big feet.

Pics. And sorry about the hijack!

Old 03-11-2008, 06:28 PM   #36

Well, right now I have the GY6, but when I got the bags I made a quick attempt to put them on the GY5 I had at the time, where I had them covered up my signals, I don't think I tried putting them under the seat though, good idea, thanks.

Old 03-11-2008, 07:03 PM   #37

N2R... In order to redeem myself (somewhat) for the mini hijack.
Have you seen this thread over on ADVRider on the CB 350 cafe project?
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...ght=cafe+racer

As soon as my TDM sells I'm plunking down some money either on a 350 or 750 to build into one of these bikes.

Old 03-11-2008, 07:07 PM   #38

No probs. good hijack and good pics

Knot. The 750 isn't that much more than the 350, but all repairs are X4 instead of X2. Mine was so close to stock I couldn't turn it into a cafe racer. I couldn't emagine painting my tank. The 325cc is only double the cc's of my old chinabike, but it's 4X's the horsepower. 8O If I were going to make a cafe racer I would use the 1973 G model, because of the disk break. It's not a great disk but it's better than the drums front and back that I have. I think all the 750's came with disk. My bike was cheaper than a Tomos Moped used or a new chinabike. With the cash I've put in so far to fix it up, it's equal to what I payed for the chinabike. The cool factor of owning a 36 year old bike is very high. 8)

Old 03-11-2008, 08:09 PM   #39

Thanks for the pictures Knothead, New2Riding, sorry about the hijack also..

Old 03-11-2008, 09:46 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
Thanks for the pictures Knothead, New2Riding, sorry about the hijack also..

Old 03-12-2008, 01:23 AM   #41

Nice hard saddlebags for CB250:

I've also seen photos of ammo boxes as saddlebags.

Old 03-12-2008, 04:26 AM   #42

These probably wouldn't suit the bike, but maybe... Saw these on another forum hard saddle bags for only $115

http://mutazu.com/products.php?cat_i...=10&s=prod.php

Old 03-12-2008, 09:04 AM   #43

The CB350 has many advantages for ownership. They built thousands of them and parts are readily available used for fairly cheap. The bikes can be found easily too in the US in running form for a few hundred.

The 750 has more of a following and parts/bikes are not as common making them more expensive.

I have a friend that restores/races the 350s and can tell you anything you need to know about them.

Allen

Old 03-12-2008, 12:30 PM   #44

I have been in contact with agent "J". 8) thanks Kato.
I thought about hard bags for my bike. There even were some sampsonite bags made for the honda cb350. I think of the luggage rack as a good excuse to stick some more chrome on my bike.
There is a cb360 1975 on "Kijiji" up here in Kitchener ontario.$800. 8O But again it is rarer than the 350 twin, (72 and 73 I think are the most popular years.) Rarer bikes are more expensive, and the parts are more expensive too. KATO said The CB350 has many advantages for ownership. They built thousands of them and parts are readily available used for fairly cheap. The bikes can be found easily too in the US in running form for a few hundred."
It must of had problems if it was $800. Mine is the nicest 72 I've ever seen, but there was a 73 in almost perfect stock condition, red too. But for almost $3000 :oops: no. With everything I've done including tires, I'm still well under$2000. I really like the single seat on the old cb350 cop bikes. Makes them look like little bobbers. well with a cherry on a pole,

Snake as for the police bikes. 8O Good pic Man. 8O
I could have got the left handle switch, that when activated, keeps the speedometer needle at the highest speed achieved, for issuing tickets. The cb750 was the main cop bike in japanese cities, but for the countryside, 450's, 360's and a few rare 350's were used.(cheaper on gas.) Using a 250 must be a modern thing. I don't know the year on those cop bikes? But, I have seen those chrome saddlebag holders with the saddlebags painted black on Ebay(I couldn't afford it$250+shipping).

As for the thread hijack, if you go back to the first page of this thread, it's me asking about saddlebags, and tail bags. I don't see how staying on topic is a hijack. Besides, I'll read just about anything you guys bother to type. I figure I'll need the info sooner or later. What's that? I think I heard a bird chirp, Friday it should be above freezing.Whaaaaaaa? Could riding weather be far off?

Old 03-12-2008, 08:11 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2riding
Snake as for the police bikes. 8O Good pic Man. 8O
I could have got the left handle switch, that when activated, keeps the speedometer needle at the highest speed achieved, for issuing tickets. The cb750 was the main cop bike in japanese cities, but for the countryside, 450's, 360's and a few rare 350's were used.(cheaper on gas.) Using a 250 must be a modern thing. I don't know the year on those cop bikes? But, I have seen those chrome saddlebag holders with the saddlebags painted black on Ebay(I couldn't afford it$250+shipping).
Those are Hong Kong Police bikes. I've no idea when the photo was taken. It could be old. I've searched high and low for those Police setup for my CB250, but to no avail. I would be willing to pay premium price for one of those Police setup.