Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2019, 05:30 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
Those other bikes must be crazy tall. I thought the Hawk came in at 33" or so?

/

At 5-10" I feel like I need a running start to mount a full size dirt bike.
Bashan Storm: Ebay steel exhaust wrapped, folding shift lever, seat mod, vm26 carb, air pod, dual led scrambler headlamps, windshield mod, led brake/tail light, secondary led brake light (swingarm), Ebay 295mm rear shock, back up CDI (racing unknown), oil cooler, digital gauge cluster,

Old 01-13-2019, 05:35 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allinarush View Post
Wow, is the hawk really that much shorter? I bought a 295mm shock which will make it even shorter. Any pics of it side by side with dirt bikes?

I would consider canceling and order a 310 or more if your'e tall, at 5-10" 295mm is a lot short for even my Storm with the 17" back wheel and shorter height than the Hawk. I had to hammer in all sorts of preload to raise the saddle back up to stock.
Bashan Storm: Ebay steel exhaust wrapped, folding shift lever, seat mod, vm26 carb, air pod, dual led scrambler headlamps, windshield mod, led brake/tail light, secondary led brake light (swingarm), Ebay 295mm rear shock, back up CDI (racing unknown), oil cooler, digital gauge cluster,

Old 01-14-2019, 02:49 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
looks like very fast terrain...
how long was the circuit

I haven't ridden a hare scramble for years
our tracks were 10km plus race's were 3 hours in length..
and a lot more hilly... but that's just the NZ terrain we have to use..

I never was that good at MX or Hare Scrambles.. just wasn't fast enough..
But enduro's were a different story... not much would slow me or stop me...

I hear ya! I did ok in desert racing, (called Hare and Hounds), did fairly decent on dirt TT races and enjoyed Enduros, but Hare Scrambles was too much of a situation where testesterone had to totally over-rule common sense for me to do well at it...ARH

Old 02-12-2019, 11:50 AM   #19

Sorry, didn't realize this thread had sparked up again!

Regarding seat height, I'm 6'1 so you can see I look a bit big for the bike. Compared to dirt bikes, the whole bike sat much lower, and the dip in the saddle seems very low.
Wish I had more comparison photos, but I do have a photo next to my old DRZ400 on the trailer.

Keep in mind I'm about 190lbs so when I sit on the bike it sags pretty good.

Old 02-12-2019, 12:01 PM   #20

Bumping up my old thread with some updates.

Still loving the bike, only thing I want to change is to stiffen up the suspension just a tad. I'm about 200Lbs with gear on, and as I've gotten better at riding I'm hitting stuff harder. Can't beat the plushness of the suspension out of the crate, though.

I've raced a few hare scrambles and even a couple local MX races on it and was very happy with how the bike did. In an outright drag race against other 250F race bikes I'll lose, but it's at least sporting. Bike does great on chunky and technical stuff where the MX bikes get bounced around much more and the LXR just soaks it up and keeps going.

I purchased the big bore kit a while back but opted against installing it for now, purely because I hate to shelve a perfectly good cylinder and piston lol. I might throw that stuff in now that I'm over the 100 hour mark on the bike, so they're not as super new and shiny anymore. I may as well tear down and adjust valves while I'm at it.

I've crashed and dumped the bike countless times with no ill effects, besides having to replace clutch/brake levers and the rear brake lever a couple of times.

Otherwise it's just changed air filters and oil after every couple rides.

Video from latest outing:

Old 02-12-2019, 12:10 PM   #21

Overall I'm impressed enough that when it's time for my next bike, it's almost certainly going to be a Pitster or GPX moto bike. The only question right now is whether I want the two-stroke 250 or the four-stroke 250. The extra power of the TSE would be nice, but frankly the easy ride-ability of the LXR is huge in my eyes, so I really need to test ride everything before I make my decision.

Riding my friend's KX250f and his brand new YZ450f motocross bikes was a great comparison. They are race machines for sure, with stiffer suspension, fast twitchy handling, and very twitchy/responsive throttle. The YZ450f was downright scary to me lol, a quarter throttle flick is enough to lift the front wheel or overshoot a jump big time.

Easy is probably the best word I can use for the LXR250f, it will do pretty much anything I ask, and it's forgiving the whole time I do it.

Old 02-12-2019, 01:10 PM   #22

Thanks for the update and video. I would love to find a place like that to ride around here.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 02-12-2019, 03:17 PM   #23

Thanks for the update Ichrisbot!
I'm really happy to see that the Pitster is getting such high reviews from Chinariders here. Their bikes seem like they're really filling a void in the market. we don't all need to clear triple jumps anymore and like you said "Easy is probably the best word I can use for the LXR250f..."
There's something to be said about a bike that is at ease with recreational trail riding.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350