Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2017, 08:39 PM   #1

Shark update/Advice

Hey everybody, had the bike titled and legal for about a week now and I'm loving it got 130 miles on her so far. I'm having an issue in 4th and 5th gear were it seems to die out at around 7500 rpm and I have to press the clutch in and re-release it under throttle to get power back. I've already taken the carb off and checked the jets. Is this a break in thing or is there something I need to recheck like the valve lash or air/fuel screw adjustment? Any advice would be great. This is all at around 60 mph btw fastest I've gotten the bike up to so far. Other than that I love it. I like having a bike that stands out in a parking lot and on the highway. I'm in a military town so there are thousands of cruisers and crotch rockets all over the place, haven't seen but one other dual sport (a tt250) around here though. Also just ordered a set of heated grips along with hand guards and luggage any tips on best place to wire them in? Top is my bike bottom two are a possible paint job I'm thinking about after I fix the rev issue. Might replace the blue with gold still tossing around ideas in my head. Would appreciate input on anything mentioned,

Enjoy the ride
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0136.jpg (97.1 KB, 258 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG1333.jpg (95.4 KB, 253 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG13341.jpg (95.2 KB, 255 views)