Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs

Old 11-22-2011, 04:02 PM   #1

Yamoto gearbox w reverse

Im looking for a gearbox with reverse for a yamoto 150....Have found a #12 gearbox on a couple of sites but they r out of stock...anybody else have this problem

Old 11-22-2011, 09:32 PM   #2

One like this? Gio Monster 150 Rear Axle Repair

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-23-2011, 08:26 AM   #3

Gear box

the gearbox is off the rear cvt shaft...right behind where you put oil in at....and the gear selector is near your right foot.....trying to post a pic of what i had found but not sure if it will work..

http://www.highrpmracer.com/images/3...G_GB344-12.jpg

Old 11-23-2011, 10:39 AM   #4

That looks like the planetary type that is often found on GY6 engines. Have you tried dune buggy sites? Those guys typically use this type more often than atv's.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-23-2011, 10:41 AM   #5

Here's some detail on it: How It Works! GY6 Reverse Gearbox

Old 11-26-2011, 08:57 PM   #6

Any Suggestions

WHich buggy site would be the best ....i have seen some but no gearboxes

Old 11-27-2011, 12:27 PM   #7

I don't know which would be the best, but a quick Google search revealed www.gokartsusa.com , and they seem to deal in what you're after.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:02 PM   #8

A little WV how to...lol

Well kinda fed up with the responses that I have gotten from the shops that I have called usually that they r out of stock......so I took the gearbox apart...removed the forward and reverse gear...and the shift fork....which left me with the 2 main shafts that are now welded together...now it will be a forward only but thats ok...I did decide to replace the inner non sealed bearing with a sealed bearing since there was going to be no gear oil in the unit....making a patch out of some steel to cover the chunk that was broke and to give it some more support...pictures later.....bearing should be in Wednesday of next week...so Ill report back then

Oh Btw how does one post pics???

Old 12-24-2011, 06:13 PM   #9

Picture posting instructions: How to share your photos

Good idea on the sealed bearing. So, there was no resurrecting the reverse function?

Old 12-24-2011, 06:28 PM   #10

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...1925841&type=3

Old 12-24-2011, 06:36 PM   #11

Na weld I didnt see any way of saving the reverse...plus the time from when it broke he rode it up to the house and chewed up the carrier gear the gear that switches it from forward to reverse....so I feel this is the best remedy and if it doesnt work...well then part it out...lol......trying to link photos from facebook...looks like it will take you to those photos.....Im off of work next week Ill start a photobucket id....meanwhile check those pics out....one set is from a atv ride...we covered about 30 miles of backwoods and back roads here in Central WV....then the others r from a ride to Seneca Rocks and Dolly Sods on the DR 650...

Old 12-24-2011, 06:41 PM   #12

I clicked on the link, but it said unavailable.

We have a 150 GY6 atv, but our reverse is in the rear axle. The output shaft (where your planetary reverse is mounted) has only a sprocket on our atv. Perhaps that would work for you.

Old 12-25-2011, 03:24 PM   #13

I got a gearbox from Roketa. It was $160 and $40 shipping. But it worked. Sounds like you've got the same type of ATV. Here's a link to the parts detail: http://www.roketa.com/product/parts_...onPartId=10304

It's #62.

This is the gearbox that was on mine:

And this pic shows it installed:

They are very fragile and I think your idea to weld it solid it is the way to go. Mine broke from shifting while moving it was the first day we had it out of the box (Christmas present from my son in 2007).

Old 12-25-2011, 09:33 PM   #14

gearbox

Rich e...my gearbox doesnt mount like that....i dont have the extra bracket back to the engine...although the other 2 bolts that bolt to the cvt is the same......but my shaft where the sprocket rest isnt hollow it is solid...gears look simular .....for now yeah I welded the 2 inner shafts together and if it breaks im still not out much...and back to square one.......to go to your setup id have to purchase the gearbox plus the shaft that the clutches run on...Doesnt that bolt at the end of the sprocket shaft go through and bolt to the shaft that the cvt clutches run on?

Old 12-25-2011, 10:21 PM   #15

This is the steel cover that im going to cover up the large hole....P.S....I figured out how to post pics...lol