Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 10:29 AM   #1

200cc Lifan Performance?

Hello....New to this forum, however Ive been VERY interested in these 200cc engines. Im a garage mechanic, mostly car brakes, and spark and wire swaps, but I really want to tinker with these super affordable bikes.

Theres not much on the net to do with 200cc performance that I can find....

I've been trolling for a while and I wanted to post this.....

Would this kit work with a lifan 200cc? Generally, Im wondering about Power Mods. I would like more OOmph, of coarse, but, I know modding too much may ruin a good running engine. And require ALOT of tuning of sorts. for instance: Mod this and you may have to change that, and so on.....
So, Upon searching for 200cc parts for LIFAN engines I came across this guy.....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BIG-B...spagenameZWD1V

Ive BEEN researching and to my understanding the Zong and Lifan are just about the same?

Could you guys comment on general Air and Spark mods, and have they worked on a 200cc?

Im really serious about this, and when I purchase one (mostly a GY200-5 2007 ed.) I wiould like to add something whether its the valves as this guy sells or port myself with a dremel.....or the oil cooler looks real sweet.

Can we talk about Carbs? 30mm 27mm??? which one?

Old 08-21-2007, 10:51 AM   #2

Searching this forum would get you some of the info you are looking for. Some of the members have done some performance mods, mostly minor, low cost, and practical stuff. Most of the "extreme" mod discussions here so far have amounted to little more than sharing dreams and speculating about such things.

Old 08-21-2007, 11:02 AM   #3

Re: 200cc Lifan Performance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbore200

Ive BEEN researching and to my understanding the Zong and Lifan are just about the same?

Can we talk about Carbs? 30mm 27mm??? which one?
Zongshen, Lifan and a couple others make nearly identical engines, but are separate companies. The few companies who actually manufacture them were probably the few companies with enough $$ to purchase the Honda molds when they were for sale.

The 30mm carb seems to be the better choice, and is the stock size for several of these bikes.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 08-21-2007, 12:33 PM   #4

There are a number of folks who use these Chinese engines for gokarts and they will do lots of mods for additional power. You may want to search out some of the karting sites as they may have some info. your looking for.
2005 TANK Trail 200
2009 Lifan LY110GY-3 (2)

Old 08-21-2007, 01:54 PM   #5

Right Kart Pro's....I didnt even think of trolling thier forums yet MUhUhahhah.

Thanks for the info guys.

Im about 600 bucks away from ordering one and Im just trying to prepare before the plunge.

It is nice to know that there ARE options for us in this category....and until recently say 2004....I haven't even heard of a chinese bike. For the last 2 years Ive been watching the net, and looking for new models and improvements they may make to the Mold, casting, Innards or whatnot, Now I see the "hype" on ebay and such of the AL. Frame, and "balanced shaft engine" where the previous years other's didnt have. I think Im gonna buy soon. And just have fun. Its nothing to get upset about, but a grand isn't something to throw away, but with all this good things im hearing, and youre not scared to get your hands dfirty, it could be a great, fun hobby. I seriously can't wait. ARG the bills dont stop!! lol.

I see Zongshen is upgrading the gs200 to a gs250.....I hope they also add a solid 250cc Dualsport.( or is it a 230cc lol.) Id buy that in a flash.

Old 08-21-2007, 02:45 PM   #6

Seams like you got the right attitude. Just my opinion, but I think you are in for a lot of fun. The one thing I like most about my bike is that if I need a part, any part, it's at the low end of the cost spectrum. 8) N2r.

Old 08-21-2007, 03:07 PM   #7

That big bore kit is for the pushrod engines too. Won't work on the GY5.

I think that it is also alittle expensive.

Since we are starting to see "250" models out there, I believe that we will be seeing a bigger DS soon too.

Allen