Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3

Old 09-30-2017, 06:21 PM   #16

Berk s latest blog talks about this bike and how we should just :

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 10-01-2017, 09:39 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Berk s latest blog talks about this bike and how we should just :

Here is the post mentioned above

-----------------------
More developments…there’s been a bit of minor buzz on the Internet about a new Zong with a photo or three that’s popped up in a few places. It’s the RX3S, a new test platform of a bike styled like the RX3 but with a 380cc twin cylinder engine…

RX3SI saw the 380cc engine and a clay mockup of the RX3S the last time I was in Chongqing. It’s interesting, it’s heavy, and it’s not happening any time soon.

Let me explain why we need to recognize a few things about the RX3S and the RX4 (the 450cc upsized version of your RX3) and Zongshen’s approach to motorcycle development. Zongshen releases information on potential new motorcycles way in advance of availability. This practice wasn’t noticed on the RX3 because nobody in America paid much attention to Zongshen (other than a few guys on ChinaRiders.net) before the RX3 hit our shores. Now, with the RX3’s world-wide popularity, everybody keeps an eye on Zongshen. Any info that Zongshen releases (and some info that they haven’t officially released) gets widespread dissemination by your friends and mine, the keyboard commandos.

Look, here’s the deal. Zongshen recently rode a group of RX4s through China and they found the bike had problems. It’s back to the drawing board with no forecasted production date. Even if there was a production date (and there is not), I would take it with a 55-gallon drum of salt. The fact is we just don’t know when this bike will go into production. And once the RX4 finally goes into production in China, we’ll have to get a couple and take them through the EPA/CARB maze. That tacks another 6 to 9 months on to when the bikes can sell here in the US. My best guess is very late 2018 or more likely sometime in 2019, but that’s just what I called it: A guess.

Now, regarding the RX3S’s availability, let me put it this way: The RX4 is way ahead of the RX3S in terms of design, development, and testing. I won’t even hazard a guess on when the RX3S will be available.

These new bikes are interesting things to watch and read about. I’ve ridden prototype RX4 motorcycles in China and my feeling is that at this point the RX3 is a much better motorcycle. I’m sure the RX4 will be improved and refined by the time it goes into production, but when I rode it I knew I preferred my RX3. The RX4 is a bigger bike, and yeah, the keyboard commandos are (as always) clamoring for more displacement. But that bigger bike comes with a penalty: More weight. The production RX4 will hopefully be lighter, but as it stands today, I like my lighter RX3 better.

Here’s the bottom line: If you’re waiting for tomorrow’s RX4 or RX3S instead of buying an RX3 today, I think you’re cheating yourself out of a lot of good riding. That’s something I’m not doing. I’m riding today. You could be, too.
----------------------
End Quote

Old 12-29-2017, 12:16 AM   #18

I completely get that it would be a long while before we see the new bikes, but I spent a little time looking at all the information I could find on the RX3S as it's pretty interesting and I'm starting to think about what my next bike would/could/should be. So after digging around here are the spec's I've found on the RX3S along with all the links I could find. I don't have any immediate plans so running my RX3 for another year or two isn't an issue. With my 19,000 miles on it now, in another 2 years I think it will be pretty worn out.

Zongshen RX3S (ZS400GY-2)
Length/Width/Height: 83.86 x 34.17 x 49.60 - inches
Wheelbase: 55.9 inches
Minimum Clearance: 7.48 inches
SOHC 380CC 8-Valve Twin, Water Cooled
Fuel Supply System: Delphi EFI
Transmission: 6 speed
Maximum Speed: 87MPH (Speedo 4.166666% optimistic. Actual Max Speed with speedo correction should be 83.5MPH)
Compression Ratio: 10.5:1
Power: 36.2HP @ 9000RPM. Probably about 30HP to the wheel
Torque: 25.81 ft/lb @ 6500RPM
Dry Weight: 408 pounds, Should be 447 pounds wet and fully fueled
Fuel Capacity: 5.28 gallons. Probably closer to 5 with float and fuel pump in it
MPG: 67MPG, 50MPG when running hard
Seat Height: 31.1 low seat or 32.3 high seat - inches
ABS Option Available. Don't know if it's switchable
Suspension System: Adjustable Front Dual Suspension, Dampening Adjustable Center Rear Shock
Travel: ?
Front Tire: 100/80-19
Rear Tire: 130/70-17
Dual Front Disc Brake / ABS Single Disc Brake
Colors: Ocean Blue, Star Gray, Moon White, Dawn Red Holiday, Travel Orange

Pricing (Zongshen):
$4123.12 - Right Foot Version (Google Translate), Aluminum Wheels
$4583.89 - Urban Travel Version, Aluminum Wheels, ABS, New LED Headlight
$4737.30 - Luxury Travel Version, Aluminum Wheels, Aluminum 3 boxes, New LED Headlight
$5043.46 - Flagship Travel Version, Aluminum Wheels, ABS, Aluminum 3 boxes, New LED Headlight

Visually looks a lot like the RX3.
Seat and Pillion are one piece.
RX4 look much different with sharper edges, adjustable windscreen, Dual LED front headlight

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?8725-rx3s-and-rx4-test-ride

https://translate.google.com/transla...vJGrC42xVzDH7w

https://translate.google.com/transla...%3D1&sandbox=1

Happy New Year!

Joe

Old 12-29-2017, 02:12 AM   #19

Top speed doesn't seem right...???

The bike does gain a few pounds (23 lbs.)

It also gains 11.4 hp and 9.2 ft/lbs torque.

But only 3 mph more top speed !!??

I wonder if something is getting lost in translation somewhere.

I had thought I had read max speed at 140 but there were no units to

indicate miles per hour or km/hr.

Old 12-29-2017, 11:55 AM   #20

I agree that seems low but if you look at the chart for the RX3S it was the max speed is 140. Chart for the RX4 is equal or greater than 160. Both say Km/h
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB48BD68-30F5-45ED-ABD2-BC1C6D21C267.jpg (20.2 KB, 1068 views)

Old 12-29-2017, 01:28 PM   #21

Ok. I see the units now.

I realize it is likely just an estimate at this point anyway, but I would thought 100 mph top speed would have been reachable.

Old 12-29-2017, 04:06 PM   #22

I hope that's just an estimate. If a 380cc twin can't got above 84MPH then that's an issue. I'd want the RX3S if it has the power to make it a good long distance road cruiser until I get to the dirt and then still light enough to be good off-road.

Old 12-29-2017, 04:59 PM   #23

Too slow for which country?

With all the speculation of an 87 mph top speed, it seems most posters are in USA (as I am) and accustomed to interstate speeds. However there are few other countries that have the cruising situation we do.

So imagine you are Zongshen and building a New Bike For The World, how are you going to gear it? Gearing lower will also give the engine more (effective) pulling power for the unimproved roads that are likely to be encountered in a majority of places. Sprockets can be swapped cheaply for freeways blasting.

In the days I was racing, I had at least 6 sprockets (over the two on the bike) to allow for fast versus slow tracks. For each bike. And a small bin of master links and chain bits.

Old 06-09-2018, 08:58 PM   #24

RX3S is the twin - saw it at my local dealership 380cc

RX4 is a single - not yet released it seems 450cc

Something like that
The RX3S is a RX4 front suspension and wheel and a very simular old style RX3

RX4 is very much a different beats (I rode it and felt 1st wayyy to high)

Old 06-30-2018, 08:37 PM   #25

The RX3S is coming

Spoke to TK at CSC and he said they decided to bring in the RX3S contrary to Steve’s denial a few months ago. It makes sense in terms of broadening the line. With the RX4 (450cc) coming as well, the RX3S (380cc) fills the gap between the RX4 and the RX3 (250cc). Reviews seem positive for both new models. The only negative is that with increased displacement comes increased weight.
It will probably be next year before we see either of them. Can’t wait.

Old 07-09-2018, 10:57 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Ironically, we had a 400cc 'adventure' bike several years ago, right here in the U.S. Heck, the Xingyue company had 4 different models--2 'adventure' bikes and 2 dual-sport models available. The problem was the engine had a fatal flaw, and Xingyue never corrected it. Pitster Pro rebranded one of the dual-sports, but pulled it from their line once the engines stopped running and couldn't be repaired.
Too bad ...that is a good looking bike.

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 08-09-2018, 09:09 PM   #27

There is another twin 500cc ADV type bike coming to the USA.
I have seen it in China as well and looks to be a decent bike and possibly better the the Zong range

Old 08-09-2018, 10:15 PM   #28

Can you tell the brand?

Old 09-18-2018, 08:16 PM   #29

Here tis
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 500x.jpg (82.4 KB, 880 views)

Old 09-28-2018, 05:02 PM   #30

Posted on the CSC blog today and on their FB page.

http://californiascooterco.com/blog/?p=30037

Looks as if CSC is going to make it happen for one or both of the bikes (RX3S or RX4). The post mentions EPA and Carb testing.

I would like to see specs on the RX4(450) vs. the RX3S and compared to the RX3. RX3S presumed specs were posted a while back. Of course, I'd also like to know the price before I opt one way or the other.

I'm not unhappy with the RX3. However, I do find times when I need to be able to travel at Interstate + speeds without fear of being run up and over. The RX3S or RX4 would need to be able to represent a sizable enough value thru performance, features, and awesomeness to make me open my wallet to CSC yet again.

Rojo