Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2009, 03:12 AM   #1

My bike is finished!!!

I've gotten a lot of help from everyone here so I just wanted to post some pics of my bike! Thanks everyone for the help! Here is my Tank Trail 200:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/42547381@N08/3918929798/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/42547381@N08/3918146573/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/42547381@N08/3918931860/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/42547381@N08/3918932618/

Here are the specs:
*Lifan 163fml OHC engine,
*30mm Mikuni carb with 105 main jet (stock 27mm was too small and was too lean even with a very large main jet...30mm matches up perfectly with stock intake boot...not sure why a 27 was used at all)
*Stock 56T rear sprocket swapped out for a 43T...now it will run scary freeway speeds!!! I've taken it up to 72mph indicated by my add-on digital speedo...slight downhill on the freeway! WOW...it will do it, but should it really...probably not but it was fun!!! (takes a certain kind of crazy to ride a 200cc enduro on the freeway...I'm that crazy and I think a lot of us on here are!!!!)

The stock 56T is a blast around town and great for trails and off-road though. If I didn't need the bike for commuting, I would keep the stock gearing. It requires some precise clutching/shifting, but geared low this little 200 can take most cars off the line at a stop light.

*$10 universal foam air filter off ebay...breathes much better than the stock air box. I would like to swap the stock exhaust to something that flows better, but right now she's running great. I did take a dremel to the header pipe and polished the inside opening at the engine to improve flow as much as i could. There were some obstructions left behind from welding the flange that mounts to the engine. After, it does sound louder and seems to breath better.

Otherwise the bike is stock. I have gone through this entire bike and checked and adjusted everything. It's so simple! It is a tinkering garage geek's perfect project! I like to adjust, ride, check, adjust, ride, check, analyze, ride...etc. But what I have found is this:

These engines are really solid!!! Keep the valves adjusted, change the oil, re-jet to suit your location/needs, tighten down everything!!!!

Accept the shortcomings of a low budget bike...it seems these bikes were build around very solid clones of Japanese enduro engines of the 80s. Treat the engine well and it will give you a long life of hard work. Then accept the fact that the rest of the bike is just adequate. Suspension, brakes, electrical are cheap and sub-par, but tinker a bit and you will end up with a very usable machine!!

I paid $400 for this bike. I tore into it and made it my own. I repainted the plastics from a cheap looking shiny red to a old-school blue and white scheme, going for like an old Yamaha XT look. I didn't spend a lot of time on the appearance of the bike...I focused on running condition. I use it almost every day to commute to work. I hit the start button, strap on my helmet, put it in gear and go. And I mean GO! I basically run it as hard as I can through the gears until I arrive at my destination!!

It's not pretty, sounds like a lawnmower on steroids, confuses the heck out of almost everyone (they are thinking: is that legal to ride on the road?), and is just plain rediculaous (in the eyes of those who don't get it)!

But not for me! When I was a teenager and everyone was drooling over 1200cc crotch rockets, I was the one flipping through the KLR250 brochure, thinking man this thing would be sooo much fun!

It's got 2 wheels and a little 200 thumper waiting to rev...buy one...set it up properly, customize it to your needs, then ride the piss out of it!!!!

Old 09-14-2009, 08:13 AM   #2

Looks good

Old 09-14-2009, 10:53 AM   #3

Nice looking bike. Dig the custom carrier!

Has the digi speedo been easily readable, or does it vibrate quite a bit?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-14-2009, 10:24 PM   #4

Looks great to me. If you don't mind can you tell me who is listed as the manufacturer on the title or mso?

Old 09-15-2009, 02:34 AM   #5

Looks great, Ilike the way You described it also.

Old 09-15-2009, 03:39 PM   #6

Your bike looks great; you did a very nice job!

If I were not going to install a Clarke XT225 fuel tank, I would seriously consider imitating your fuel tank plastic. Do you mind giving us a few more details regarding your modifications?

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 09-15-2009, 04:53 PM   #7

The digital speedo works great...except at night. It's not back lit. But I've tested it against one of those roadside radar things that shows your speed and it was dead on. You just have to calibrate it correctly for the front tire size. It doesn't vibrate a bit and is easy to read during the day.

As for my title, it says CHONGJIANG GROUP. The vin starts: LLCLPUA...
The only name anywhere on the bike is "Huawin" embroidered on the seat. The sticker on the frame says "Cheetah 200". The closest I can guess is that it is a Tank Trail 200, as this is the only bike I could find that has the same plastics. All the other Lifan types have different panels.

As far as mods, I didn't really do much. The stock 27mm carb just didn't work well with this engine, so I swapped it for a 30mm and now it's like a different bike. Throttle response is awesome. The performance air filter seems to make a little difference too. I like how simple it is compared to the old airbox. It just clamps right onto the carb. Otherwise it has just been adjustments and normal maintenance.

Old 09-15-2009, 11:38 PM   #8

BTW thanks for the compliments. I get a lot of people who think it's an old enduro with a new engine. I love it! I'm like, no it's a 2005! I'm going to take it out for a long adventure ride as soon as I can...will post pics of my journey!

I'm surprised at how well received it is around here! I live in Milwaukee, WI...aka Harley country! I think they like my Chinese enduro a lot more than the Japanese cruisers! I'm not a big Harley fan but I do have an appreciation for a classic American made bike. I work part time at a bar where most of the customers are Harley riders. They see my bike parked out front and have mostly positive comments. A lot of them grew up around simple bikes like mine back in the day.

I've never been ashamed to admit ownership to my bike. I've gone on rides with groups of mostly cruisers and sport bikes. I can keep up with them...just barely, winding my little thumper out like crazy, but I'm there in the pack cruising along. And after a long hard ride my little 200 fires right up and is ready for more!!

Old 09-16-2009, 06:48 AM   #9

LLC is "Loncin"

Old 09-16-2009, 08:06 AM   #10

humanbeing,

How do you know LLC is "Loncin"

Old 09-16-2009, 08:20 AM   #11

By reading "pdf files" @ govt site's VIN page (http://www.catarc.org.cn/vin/vin.htm )

Old 09-16-2009, 10:38 AM   #12

I guess he's right. Here's a pic of a Loncin 200 that looks just like mine:

After some digging I found it is a very close clone of a Honda CTX200:

Looks kinda cool! I guess they are popular in Australia but I don't think they import them here (US).

Old 04-17-2014, 05:58 PM   #13

Hey I have the same Bike i bought it like 3 months ago and i havnt been able to find any parts for it anywhere and i was wondering what matches it or what is another name for a bike that i could use to get the right parts for it.