ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic/General Discussion (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=18428)

Weldangrind 09-16-2017 12:27 PM

Give 'em hell, Queso.

cheesy 09-19-2017 11:17 PM

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4366/...ba053cf718.jpg

Loaded up some of the big stuff over the last two days. Down to four cranes in the warehouse. Loading two more Saturday morning and the last two probably next Wednesday. The last of the office stuff goes next week, too.

NOW, SC can have my lifting slings.

2LZ 09-20-2017 10:34 AM

Wow! Looks pretty "echo-y" in there!

cheesy 09-20-2017 12:45 PM

Tis.

I am now the last living employee in the building.

cheesy 09-22-2017 06:13 AM

Got a break yesterday and was able to do some field work. A whole hour worth of work with a five and a half hour commute each way. And worth every minute.

Down to the nitty gritty now.

Darkrider 09-22-2017 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 265466)
Wow! Looks pretty "echo-y" in there!

Indeed....such a big wrapper for a small piece of Fromage :lmao:

cheesy 09-23-2017 07:35 AM

All the office stuff and the Ford Fusion were loaded on a truck Thursday night. One more crane left yesterday. All the shop equipment will probably be gone this weekend. That leaves me and three cranes. And probably just me by Friday. I expect to finally see the new place after next week.

ben2go 09-23-2017 09:39 AM

Good luck and enjoy the peace while you're there alone.

cheesy 10-02-2017 03:10 PM

This is getting better and better.

Last crane left last Thursday. There is about a half load left here that should have left last Friday but the mover couldn't hire a truck for the rate he was paying. He took his loaded 53' trailer today and will swap that out for an empty and be back tomorrow to wrap this up.

Now for the interesting stuff.

My guys' wife has said, "Enough" and is coming back here. With or without him. Seems that we, as a company, were sold a bill of goods regarding the area. The schools are pretty bad, the available workforce isn't there, and local services are abysmal. My boss doesn't want to lose Jason, so is working on getting him relocated back this way. I don't want to lose him either. I'm too old to have my workload doubled.

Heidi, our future Customer Service Manager, has given upper management the middle finger and has told them she is done at the end of the day. Her reasons are as above, plus blatant racism towards her, and that management has upped the salaried staff(raises hand)hours with no increase in pay. Jason said she ripped the new plant manager from one end of the building to the other. Do not piss off a Spanish woman, especially if she is very well educated and has pulled herself out of poverty. I'll miss her, she's a gem.

The dog and pony show of the open house is supposed to be Oct. 12, and I'm supposed to be there. I'm not too sure it will happen. I was told that the offices were to be completed this weekend. When Jason walked in this morning, nothing-not a damn thing-had been touched.

Jason and Heidi may be bringing Breach of Contract suits against the company, too. They both signed contracts regarding their moves down there and the company has not held up their end. Basically has broken promises since day one.

As far as the change in hours, it does not affect me. Or Jason. Or Harold, for that matter. The customers pretty much set our hours. Jason is just pissed that they are doing it at all.

Me, I signed nothing except my original contract 21 years ago. My hours, when I'm in the building, are 8am to 4:30pm with a one hour lunch. I will hold them to it.

I also lived through the AMC/Renault debacle thirty some years ago. This seems to have the same stink to it.

Time for a second bowl of popcorn.

JerryHawk250 10-02-2017 03:30 PM

(Jerry is sitting here with bowl of popcorn waiting for commercial to end.) :hehe: To be continued.

2LZ 10-02-2017 05:32 PM

^^^^ What he said!

ben2go 10-02-2017 10:22 PM

@cheesy

I can attest to the schools being complete shat down there. The only good option is private schools and most of them are of the religious verity. Depending on your belief system and what you feel is proper to learn, they may be a bad choice. Even worse than public schools.

I am surprised that a Hispanic person has run into racism down there. Must have changed a lot over the past 10 years since I was down there last.

It sounds like someone somewhere has dropped the ball, or just given up, so nothing is getting done. It seems like the future of the company may be in limbo at this point.

Good luck.

Darkrider 10-02-2017 11:02 PM

https://i.imgflip.com/o1c86.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/7a/ba...61ef802289.jpg
Save

cheesy 10-03-2017 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben2go (Post 266382)
@cheesy

I can attest to the schools being complete shat down there. The only good option is private schools and most of them are of the religious verity. Depending on your belief system and what you feel is proper to learn, they may be a bad choice. Even worse than public schools.

I am surprised that a Hispanic person has run into racism down there. Must have changed a lot over the past 10 years since I was down there last.

It sounds like someone somewhere has dropped the ball, or just given up, so nothing is getting done. It seems like the future of the company may be in limbo at this point.

Good luck.

Agreed.

One of the new hires that actually came up to Elgin for training, told Jason that Charter or religious schools were the way to go. Just told him too late.

The racism thing surprised me, too. Heidi and I have tangled in the past and she can be very headstrong. Our issue was the Customer Service mentality of 'It needs to be done NOW' vs Technical Support reality of 'It will be done when the last bolt is tightened, the tests are passed, the tools are put away, and the paperwork is finished'. And that was it. She rubbed someone the wrong way, they took it personally and called her an "Uppity spick bitch who didn't know her place". Her kids have been putting up with some crappy treatment in school, too.

As far as who is doing what in the company, I can only speculate. I feel that the new president is being set up to fail. It wouldn't break my heart to see it happen. He has not much of a reputation with the staff, me included. The Yes Man thing and his aloofness does not help. Then there is the culture difference between the Midwest and the South, along with the culture difference between the US and France. None of that is making this easier.

ben2go 10-03-2017 11:18 AM

That's an awful situation for you guys. I hope it all pans out in the end.