ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Zong Before & After Photos: 3 Photos Spanning 1 Year (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894)

Barnone 11-17-2010 07:45 AM

Spud,
Good looking bike and beautiful photos. I call you the mod king. The JCW large box looks fine on your bike. I guess I just have to get use to it on my Q.

SpudRider 11-17-2010 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FastDoc
Amazing longevity Spud. A testament to your maintenence and the Zong's quality. I wonder what the record is? Q's up to all of 3,800 miles. Not bad for one year and a guy who has a butt load of bikes though I suppose.

I get about 10,000 motorcycle miles a year in so I can't complain.

Thank you, Doc. :) I don't know the record for longevity. However, I do know the Zongshen 167FML engine will last a very long time if it is properly maintained. ;) Zongshen, Qingqi, Loncin, and other Chinese companies have a well deserved reputation for building small displacement, air cooled engines. :) When this engine finally wears out, I plan to replace it with another, new, Zongshen engine. :)

Spud :)

SpudRider 11-17-2010 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind
What has drawn you to high rise Pro Taper ATV bars Spud?

The riders on the Yamaha, TW200 forums highly recommend these handlebars; I have also read good reports concerning these handlebars on other forums. :) My current handlebars have roughly the same dimensions as these Pro Taper handlebars, and I believe I can install these handlebars without needing to buy longer control cables. ;)

FastDoc 11-17-2010 11:38 AM

I've ridden 2 stroke dirtbikes with Pro Tapers and they really seemed to reduce felt vibration, and they are super strong and light. IIRC you need a different tripple clamp though.

SpudRider 11-17-2010 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barnone
Spud,
Good looking bike and beautiful photos. I call you the mod king. The JCW large box looks fine on your bike. I guess I just have to get use to it on my Q.

Thank you, Bar. :) As with myself, and several other riders, I believe you will quickly learn to enjoy the extra capacity afforded by the large, J.C. Whitney travel trunk. ;) Whether I am shopping for groceries, or traveling on a 500-mile excursion, I greatly enjoy this weatherproof, lockable, easily detachable, inexpensive, rugged, and voluminous travel trunk! :D

FastDoc 11-17-2010 11:43 AM

"I wish it was just a little bigger"

:oops:

SpudRider 11-17-2010 11:49 AM

Quote:

I've ridden 2 stroke dirtbikes with Pro Tapers and they really seemed to reduce felt vibration, and they are super strong and light. IIRC you need a different tripple clamp though.

I plan to install the Pro Taper handlebars when I change my fork oil, fork seals, and dust wipers. I don't anticipate any installation problems; however, if these handlebars don't work on my Zong, I plan to install them on my Honda, XR650L. ;)

alan566 11-17-2010 09:40 PM

There doing good, hold air anyway. lol I haven't ridding but a few miles on it since I put the wheels and tires on. It got colder and the wife is keeping me busy getting ready for Christmas on with any of my spare time. Maybe I can give a better report soon.

Weldangrind 11-17-2010 10:37 PM

Quote:

Really? Aren't they 7/8"?

SpudRider 11-17-2010 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Quote:

Really? Aren't they 7/8"?

My Pro Taper handlebars are 7/8-inch diameter; I won't need a different clamp. ;)

FastDoc 11-17-2010 10:43 PM

My memory here is about 11 years old. May have had a neuron croak in the meantime. :cry:

Weldangrind 11-17-2010 10:54 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if Fatbars need a larger clamp, but you'd think that would limit sales. Why would anyone buy a fatter bar when there are plenty of 7/8" options?

alan566 11-21-2010 10:26 PM

Spud,
I rode about 50 miles today and the wheel and tires rode great. Just as good as the stock street tires, maybe better. No loss in power but I probably will go with the 13T front sprocket. The vibration was a lot better but it was a little weak keeping the hwy speed climbing hills. I have to say that the Shinko 244 was a great choice.
Alan

SpudRider 11-21-2010 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alan566
Spud,
I rode about 50 miles today and the wheel and tires rode great. Just as good as the stock street tires, maybe better. No loss in power but I probably will go with the 13T front sprocket. The vibration was a lot better but it was a little weak keeping the hwy speed climbing hills. I have to say that the Shinko 244 was a great choice.
Alan

I'm very glad your 18-inch Spudwheel, and Shinko 244 tires are working well for you, Alan! Thank you for posting the update. :)

gronet75 05-08-2011 04:42 PM

Im getting my zongshen today !!!!

Hey people ,,thanks to all of you i decided to buy a zongshen 200 ,,,than you for make me decide,,i will put some pic when i got it ,,thanks spud for your forum,,, :D