ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic/General Discussion (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   CSC San Gabriel (SG250). (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=21225)

culcune 06-01-2018 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timpo (Post 281903)
Is this bike only available in the USA? Has anyone successfully shipped to Canadaand riding it?

When I was living in Yuma, and see you guys from Canada inquiring about bikes not available up there, I often wondered if one or a few of the numerous snowbirds that 'wintered' in Yuma could throw a bike on the back of their RV on their way back up north every spring to 'sneak' them in to you guys!

Timpo 06-02-2018 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by culcune (Post 281905)
When I was living in Yuma, and see you guys from Canada inquiring about bikes not available up there, I often wondered if one or a few of the numerous snowbirds that 'wintered' in Yuma could throw a bike on the back of their RV on their way back up north every spring to 'sneak' them in to you guys!

but I would want to drive it on the street though..

I would have to register it, buy insurance and stuff so "sneak" them in does not work ;)

CSCRyder 06-18-2018 01:24 AM

Preordered

I have a Matte Black SG250 on preorder right should be arriving by the end of the month if not early July I will post picks as soon as I get it so you guys can check it out for yourselfs.

Megadan 06-18-2018 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSCRyder (Post 283783)
I have a Matte Black SG250 on preorder right should be arriving by the end of the month if not early July I will post picks as soon as I get it so you guys can check it out for yourselfs.

I greatly await your pictures and possible owner/ride review of it. Maybe a little opinion on how cramped or open the riding position is relative to your height so people out there have a good idea if it will fit them well or not.

culcune 06-18-2018 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSCRyder (Post 283783)

Will you be riding it back to 29 Palms?

wheelbender6 06-19-2018 08:29 PM

If I lived near 29 Palms, I would want to have a dual sport bike. It is near the starting point of the old Barstow to Vegas desert race.

CSCRyder 06-19-2018 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by culcune (Post 283823)
Will you be riding it back to 29 Palms?

Well to be honest if they deliver it to 29 for free I will have them deliver it here but if it costs anymore money I will just go pick it up myself.

CSCRyder 06-19-2018 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megadan (Post 283792)
I greatly await your pictures and possible owner/ride review of it. Maybe a little opinion on how cramped or open the riding position is relative to your height so people out there have a good idea if it will fit them well or not.

Mega I will be more than happy to throw some pics up when the bike arrives and I am 5’10” so I don’t see it being too cramped with the low seat height but I be sure let you all know if there are any issues.

CSCRyder 06-27-2018 01:16 AM

Backordered!

So just to let everyone know I have been following CSC’s blog and it appears that the first order of SG250’s will not arrive until early July plus they still have to clear customs so I will not be posting any pictures/reviews until probably Late July/Early August but I’ll will have them up as soon as the bike arrives. Ciao!

Biker_Andy 06-27-2018 12:04 PM

I haven't heard if CSC is trying to get Canadian approval or not for the San Gabriel. The RX3 was a year late to the party by the time it was approved in Canada. I ordered my TT250 in the original "off the boat" deal and got it by end of June 2016. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the TT250 was selling in USA in spring of 2016, so Canada was a few months behind. So if CSC is trying to get the San Gabriel approved in Canada it could take a few months before we see one up here.

I personally like the retro look of the drum brake. I also don't see why everyone is complaining. If they are sized properly to stop the bike then why should it matter? I understand if your in the mountains that drum brakes can overheat under heavy brakeing and "fade". There are also advantages to having drum brakes like simplicity, lower maintenance, longer life & less likely catastrophic failure.

My drums on my 1976 Honda still work great with the ORIGINAL pads!

CSCRyder 07-04-2018 06:26 PM

SG250’s arrive next week

2 Attachment(s)
I’ve been following CSC’s Blog and it looks like the SG250’s will be arrive from China next week with the first shipment going out soon after. Wanted to post a couple pics from their blog as well including a mostly stripped down version of the SG250 which gives a decent picture of what is under the side panels and gas tank. Can’t until I finally get mine from CSC.:tup:
Attachment 13578

Attachment 13579

ben2go 07-04-2018 06:44 PM

If CSC holds true to form, they will thoroughly inspect a few batches of them before sending them off to customers. What is the final price? Last I checked they were taking deposits with final price TBD.

CSCRyder 07-04-2018 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben2go (Post 285233)
If CSC holds true to form, they will thoroughly inspect a few batches of them before sending them off to customers. What is the final price? Last I checked they were taking deposits with final price TBD.

Should be right around $2500 with registration paperwork for CA residents like myself. You can check out CSC’s website if you are not from Cali but the bike is listed as $1,995 before taxes and paperwork.

Mikeewanus 08-13-2018 02:23 PM

San Gabriel nearly here!

Hi. I’m new here.
My first Chinese motorcycle, a CSC San Gabriel is due to arrive on Wednesday, 8/15/18.
I am excited!

Weldangrind 08-14-2018 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikeewanus (Post 288144)
Hi. I’m new here.
My first Chinese motorcycle, a CSC San Gabriel is due to arrive on Wednesday, 8/15/18.
I am excited!

Welcome! Please show us pics of your new bike when it arrives.