ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Reviews (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Skyteam CT70 Clone.... MC-34-125 (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=14506)

culcune 03-25-2015 09:11 AM

Thanks for the video--that bike looks 'natural' down there with all the trails around you! Ready for any adventure no matter which trail or road you head down. The blue with black looks great!! You other photos show the 'Honda' stickers on the bike already, and it looks like an original, through and through. I think the easiest modification for higher top speed, at least from Paul on the Facebook group, is a 17 tooth counter-sprocket. It looks like you have some smog stuff to remove, too for a little more speed. Keep the reviews coming, and thanks for the photos.

jjn--you know you want one!

KooKooBean 03-25-2015 09:38 AM

I've got to find someone that can cut that catalytic convert out and reweld a another section of pipe on my exhaust.

I was amazed at what a big difference it made, by just putting on the Honda decals on the frame. Turned out nice.

SpudRider 03-25-2015 10:25 AM

Thanks for posting the excellent, informative video. :tup: If I were in the market for a CT70 clone, I would strongly consider this Skyteam motorcycle. :)

Weldangrind 03-25-2015 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KooKooBean (Post 181902)
I've got to find someone that can cut that catalytic convert out and reweld a another section of pipe on my exhaust.

I was amazed at what a big difference it made, by just putting on the Honda decals on the frame. Turned out nice.

You might be able to find a complete exhaust for cheap that has no cat.

KooKooBean 04-06-2015 10:35 PM

Yes, thats the route I decided to go. I've been searching online.

Barnone 12-16-2015 09:13 AM

Mine is doing just fine.
I brought it to Florida for for the winter along with my Dong Fang hard tail and my Ural sidecar rig.

Barnone 12-16-2015 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KooKooBean (Post 182363)
Yes, thats the route I decided to go. I've been searching online.

I don't think deleting the cat will make any difference in performance. All my bikes have the cats intact.
Took then off my Ural for a run up my test hill in the mountains and did not see any improvement. I then put them back on.

Weldangrind 12-16-2015 11:13 AM

To maximize on the benefit, you'd need to rejet to compensate for the additional airflow. If your bike meets your needs with the cat, just enjoy it for what it is.

2LZ 12-16-2015 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barnone (Post 200723)
I don't think deleting the cat will make any difference in performance. All my bikes have the cats intact.
Took then off my Ural for a run up my test hill in the mountains and did not see any improvement. I then put them back on.

One more thing too. If your bike is equiped with an air injection to heat the cat (my Qlink has it), if you remove the cat and not the air injection plumbing, you'll cook your packing out of your muffler, muy pronto.

Weldangrind 12-16-2015 11:23 AM

Likely with a big bang. I took a scooter around the block after removing a cat, and it sounded like a shotgun upon decelerating. Removing the air injection and installing a fatter slow and main jet solved it.

It went from about 28mph to over 45mph (indicated) with those changes. Not bad for a 50cc CVT hauling my carcass around.

culcune 12-16-2015 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barnone (Post 200722)
Mine is doing just fine.
I brought it to Florida for for the winter along with my Dong Fang hard tail and my Ural sidecar rig.

Glad to see you took a few bikes with you this year! Watch out for fellow snowbirds, however!!

ChinaATVMods 12-16-2015 05:27 PM

They are no longer for sale with Powersportsbest. Skyteam is a great product, but cannot seem to keep a home for very long.

KooKooBean 12-16-2015 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChinaATVMods (Post 200781)
They are no longer for sale with Powersportsbest. Skyteam is a great product, but cannot seem to keep a home for very long.

The bike is still on their website. Under "Moped Scooters". Then click on 150cc. You'll see it there.

KooKooBean 12-16-2015 10:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 4235

Raised the front fender to look more original. Also painted the exhaust heat shield with Silver/Aluminum color heat engine paint in a raffle can...from Walmart.

There was too much Black on the bike. Had to break it up a bit.

culcune 12-16-2015 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KooKooBean (Post 200804)
The bike is still on their website. Under "Moped Scooters". Then click on 150cc. You'll see it there.

I saw that, and called Powersportsbest, and the sales guy said they are currently out of them even though they show them on their site. He did say they have the smaller monkey bike. I asked when they would get them, and he said ¨next year.¨ When I pressed further, he said that might mean January.