ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   My Bashan BSR250 arrived! (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=20511)

da4design 01-18-2018 06:36 PM

nice looking bike, making me think about getting one!

letsride 01-18-2018 06:39 PM

You need to warm it up and adjust the idle, using the idle adjustment screw on the side of the carb. Now I can't remember which position of the choke lever is ON! Someone will be along shortly to answer. I think DOWN is ON! if I remember right.

MacGregor 01-18-2018 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by letsride (Post 272241)
You need to warm it up and adjust the idle, using the idle adjustment screw on the side of the carb. Now I can't remember which position of the choke lever is ON! Someone will be along shortly to answer. I think DOWN is ON! if I remember right.

I had to turn the screw in about 2 1/2 turns for it to idle with the choke lever up, however the lever down causes it too idle way high. I took it for a quick ride and it sputters on acceleration (it didn't before). I don't want to do any more until I get the oil changed, so I'll do that shortly and save the rest for tomorrow.

JerryHawk250 01-18-2018 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by letsride (Post 272237)
Great Progress! Can't wait to see some pitchers! What color is the thing? I'm trying to find the original "Enforcer" Thread of (I think) the first to guys to purchase and document them here.

You really should get your eyes checked. :p

JerryHawk250 01-18-2018 09:11 PM

Bike looks great.:tup:

JerryHawk250 01-18-2018 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacGregor (Post 272245)
I had to turn the screw in about 2 1/2 turns for it to idle with the choke lever up, however the lever down causes it too idle way high. I took it for a quick ride and it sputters on acceleration (it didn't before). I don't want to do any more until I get the oil changed, so I'll do that shortly and save the rest for tomorrow.

Chock lever all the way up is on and all they way down is off. Adjust the idle with the chock off.

Weldangrind 01-19-2018 11:04 AM

Nice looking bike! Thanks for the pics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacGregor (Post 272204)
The spring for the kickstand is a bit tricky. I used a screwdriver, which worked well.

As a tip for the next China Rider to install a kickstand spring, insert several washers or coins between the coils of the spring. That will expand it to a length that makes it easy to install without producing any blood.

Megadan 01-19-2018 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind (Post 272269)
Nice looking bike! Thanks for the pics.

As a tip for the next China Rider to install a kickstand spring, insert several washers or coins between the coils of the spring. That will expand it to a length that makes it easy to install without producing any blood.

I can second the coin trick, having used it before. Another option is a good old fashioned drum brake spring tool. It is literally designed for this exact type of work - to install small stiff springs on spring studs with rounded ends. Makes it a breeze.

MacGregor 01-19-2018 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by da4design (Post 272240)
nice looking bike, making me think about getting one!

The assembly wasn't bad at all. I would probably recommend buying from a different retailer than where I got mine, but overall I'm very happy with it.

MacGregor 01-19-2018 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 272249)
Chock lever all the way up is on and all they way down is off. Adjust the idle with the chock off.

Thanks, I think that may have worked. I let it warm up first then adjusted it. Just went around the block a few times. No sputtering at all. It's got a bit of grunt for a little 250.

MacGregor 01-19-2018 04:30 PM

Just a note - the handlebars and grips are aftermarket. I got the Tusk Chub bars with the YZ bend. For reference, these were pretty close to the bend of the stock bars (the Chubs are about 1" longer on each end, with slightly less pullback. Rise is about the same.)

JerryHawk250 01-19-2018 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacGregor (Post 272292)
Thanks, I think that may have worked. I let it warm up first then adjusted it. Just went around the block a few times. No sputtering at all. It's got a bit of grunt for a little 250.

It only gets better as it breaks in. A free flowing exhaust and carb tuning it gets even better. These are fun bikes to play around with and not cost an arm and a leg. Lol

Megadan 01-19-2018 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 272295)
It only gets better as it breaks in. A free flowing exhaust and carb tuning it gets even better. These are fun bikes to play around with and not cost an arm and a leg. Lol

Or a quick and easy head porting job. ;)

MacGregor 01-19-2018 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 272295)

I'm planning on doing the eBay exhaust and rejet. I'll probably leave the gearing stock, but replace the chain.