ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Lifan X-Pect 200 video (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=24211)

JerryHawk250 08-06-2019 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landshark (Post 315568)
I will try this tonight and report back.

Have you contacted American Lifan about the issue? Could be a bad tuned ECU. I'm sure if you reach out to them they will get it taken care of. https://www.americanlifan.com/contact/

ss27gogeta 08-06-2019 08:02 AM

I would also double check and make sure. your air filter is seated properly as well as the boots. check your spark plug and see what color it is and let us know what it looks like. better if you could take a picture. this would tell us how its running. make sure the gap on the plug is good. and check your throttle and cable make sure they are not sticking any were. and if you're comfortable doing it. pull off the throttle body and give it a good cleaning. could have got some junk in there on the long Journey here. I had a car that had some off idle issues. I clean the throttle body and its off idle performance returned to normal.

landshark 08-06-2019 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 315570)
Have you contacted American Lifan about the issue? Could be a bad tuned ECU. I'm sure if you reach out to them they will get it taken care of. https://www.americanlifan.com/contact/

I will do this, just didn't want be too quick to cry problem if it's something I can figure out.

landshark 08-06-2019 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ss27gogeta (Post 315572)
I would also double check and make sure. your air filter is seated properly as well as the boots. check your spark plug and see what color it is and let us know what it looks like. better if you could take a picture. this would tell us how its running. make sure the gap on the plug is good. and check your throttle and cable make sure they are not sticking any were. and if you're comfortable doing it. pull off the throttle body and give it a good cleaning. could have got some junk in there on the long Journey here. I had a car that had some off idle issues. I clean the throttle body and its off idle performance returned to normal.

Agree, all things I feel like I should check before I worry too much about it. I need more time too play. Work just gets in the way...

JerryHawk250 08-06-2019 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landshark (Post 315573)
I will do this, just didn't want be too quick to cry problem if it's something I can figure out.

It could be something simple as resetting the ECU. That's why I said to give them a call. Lifan like CSC has support here in the USA unlike most of the other china bikes.

imapdog 08-06-2019 09:41 AM

oh boy, this is exactly my fears.
great video btw....

ss27gogeta 08-06-2019 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landshark (Post 315574)
Agree, all things I feel like I should check before I worry too much about it. I need more time too play. Work just gets in the way...

I know how it is I work quite a few hours my self. so I probly won't mine together/ get any thing figured out super fast either.

ss27gogeta 08-06-2019 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imapdog (Post 315583)
great video btw....

It was one of mine to. I've been watching some videos on there kpr200. and the fule injection seems fine on that. I'm sure it will be fine once the bugs get worked out.

wedooit 08-06-2019 11:07 AM

hey shark.....welcome aboard! Hope you get it figured out, let us know the progress.

wedooit 08-06-2019 11:36 AM

Nice video from Ceasar, appreciate it! I wonder if he adjusted the valves, or checked them??? Nice looking bike, lots of cool improvements and design!

Shark, did you adjust the valves on your bike, or check them?

rags2wrenches 08-06-2019 11:37 AM

i believe that bike is one of the few that is California legal so im sure its WAY lean. another way to enrich mixture without playing with the ecm would be to install a larger injector.

JerryHawk250 08-06-2019 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wedooit (Post 315604)
Shark, did you adjust the valves on your bike, or check them?

Didn't think of that but yes that would be one of the first things to check. Very common that most of these bikes come from the factory with the valve set with little no gap.

ss27gogeta 08-06-2019 12:11 PM

Just got an email from txpowersports that my bike shipped. I'm hopeing it gets here by Saturday so I can start tinkering with it and we will know if. landshark's Issue is just his bike or a more widespread issue.

ss27gogeta 08-06-2019 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wedooit (Post 315604)
Nice looking bike, lots of cool improvements and design!

Part of the reason i went with the xpect. over the others most of the others look the same for the most part.and it looked cooler I really like how the head light looks at night .

landshark 08-06-2019 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imapdog (Post 315583)
great video btw....

I would say let's not be afraid. It's just a low idle, and I haven't even really looked into yet. The bike overall looks and feels great.