ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Clutch Assembly's CG250 (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=32961)

Bratko 07-10-2023 07:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry the image did not go through take two. Hope this helps .

digital5000 07-10-2023 09:04 PM

Megadan just want to say your hawk 250 mod page is impressive,
but I am not as skilled and do not want to do hit or miss.
I rather do research until I get a definite result, thats just me.
The part you recommend is 130mm wide and would not fit (same as the one I ordered that didn't fit) , your right I could use the plates but I'm just trying to get a new complete clutch assembly that fits the tbr7 , nothing more.

Currently trying to get in touch with CSC and Xpro at the moment.
I am in talks with David Biek for the master network.
If I get the database I will be building a cg250 website we can all be a part of !

Thumper 07-10-2023 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzz (Post 397309)
Wow who in their right mind would buy a new engine ,because can't find a simple clutch part. What every time I need a clutch have to buy a new engine,makes me think about the whole china bike thing. 6000 miles and clutch never did feel good,and now no clutch parts. I have a 2021 TBR7 too, this is just wrong. Why would anybody want these bikes,I know I don't anymore.

A few reasons I can think of...
First, the engine is so cheap, and it is ready to install, with new clutch and everything. If you can't ride because you can't easily and quickly find a part, it solves that
Second, you might buy the wrong kit, end up losing some money and lots of time. Eventually you should be able to find the right clutch kit
Also, you would have a spare engine to work on, so you could port the head, bore the cylinder or get a bigger cylinder/piston/rings. And you could work on the engine upgrades at a leisurely pace!

Besides, these engines are cheap enough to be nearly disposable! Keep in mind that some forum members spend hundreds on their bike, even if it is running just fine. That is OK too!

Or don't buy an engine. Your choice. It is a viable way to get back on the road, wouldn't cost that much, and buys you the most valuable commodity of all - Time

Megadan 07-10-2023 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digital5000 (Post 397319)
Megadan just want to say your hawk 250 mod page is impressive,
but I am not as skilled and do not want to do hit or miss.
I rather do research until I get a definite result, thats just me.
The part you recommend is 130mm wide and would not fit (same as the one I ordered that didn't fit) , your right I could use the plates but I'm just trying to get a new complete clutch assembly that fits the tbr7 , nothing more.

Currently trying to get in touch with CSC and Xpro at the moment.
I am in talks with David Biek for the master network.
If I get the database I will be building a cg250 website we can all be a part of !

So you know they won't fit how? From how it sounds, you haven't taken anything apart yet...

If you have, and you had it apart enough to discover it won't fit, you decided to not measure anything and put it back together?

:hmm:

digital5000 07-12-2023 02:18 PM

Yes I took apart the clutch already maybe I didn't mention that.

It was late and I wasn't thinking in the future just wanted to put everything back quickly and seal it back up.

Never would have thought VMC , tao tao direct, partskit would all be sold out.
and their customer service would not be able to provide me dimensions.

I know my fault.

But this whole trial and error measuring reinventing the wheel totally unnecessary. Everything is online now, weird how these measurements are hidden.