ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Pure Dirt (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Lightweights (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=13990)

recracer 08-30-2014 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamM (Post 171791)
We can plate just about anything in WV. Just saying!

SamM

Good To know

recracer 08-30-2014 09:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Cleveland FXx striped down picture

mmprestine 08-31-2014 09:34 AM

Well perhaps I was wrong. If they do make this happen I am sure they will have much success with them if the pricing is right. Sure looks like a fun toy. I wonder what the wheel base is? To bad the frame isn't alloy.

recracer 08-31-2014 09:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Another view . Appears both front and rear hand brakes .

SpudRider 08-31-2014 12:10 PM

Thanks for posting the new photos, Racer. :) I don't see a rear brake pedal, but surely this bike needs a clutch lever, doesn't it? :shrug:

recracer 08-31-2014 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudRider (Post 171869)
Thanks for posting the new photos, Racer. :) I don't see a rear brake pedal, but surely this bike needs a clutch lever, doesn't it? :shrug:

semi-auto 4 speed no clutch . Cleveland FXx is the only one I have seen with the semi-auto 110cc . The others are 125cc . I always think I want a clutch , But then wonder why so many trail riders want a rekluse auto clutch.

Weldangrind 08-31-2014 02:01 PM

I prefer a clutch, because I can match revs when downshifting. A semi-automatic doesn't allow that; you simply bang gears down.

recracer 08-31-2014 04:41 PM

I just read FX bike will be available both manual clutch or semi auto .

Weldangrind 08-31-2014 06:09 PM

A Rekluse and two hand brakes is ideal when fording creeks, but that's not my riding style. I'm happy with conventional controls.

I'm fascinated by the swingarm design of the FX bike. They took advantage of the short motor by shoving it up high, and then arranged the swingarm for maximum ground clearance. It looks like the seat height would suit a six footer, and the frame would clear big logs. Very cool.

SpudRider 09-01-2014 01:27 AM

When I'm riding single track or technical dual track, I am constantly working the clutch under throttle, and while coasting/braking. I don't think I would like a semi-automatic clutch. :shrug:

recracer 09-01-2014 02:23 AM

I have been told video's have been made ,But can not be released yet . I really want to see the bike in action and what kind of response comes from an auto clutch. I agree manual clutch seems it would be easier to snap front end lift to get over the ridges and logs . I do wonder, can a bike this light change my mind .

pete 09-01-2014 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind (Post 171891)
A Rekluse and two hand brakes is ideal when fording creeks, but that's not my riding style. I'm happy with conventional controls.

My XT660R & TTR250 both have Rekluse EXP2 clutchs in them..
The EXP gives both full manual & full auto clutch in one...

Rekluse don't make a clutch for either the XTR or the TTR but
I have fitted a WR450 unit in the XTR & a WR250 unit in the TTR...

mmprestine 09-01-2014 09:17 AM

The ground clearance is impressive. If that is a standard height dirt bike stand then it is several inches above normal. I agree that the swing arm design is interesting. I would still like to see more specs, seat height, wheel base, weight, etc. I really wonder what the real weight will be, 200lbs comes pretty fast when working with steel.

mmprestine 09-01-2014 09:20 AM

they should have a heavy duty skid plate on the bottom to protect the exhaust and engine. The epa pipe on the left side will get ripped off on the first ride.

Weldangrind 09-01-2014 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmprestine (Post 171922)
The ground clearance is impressive. If that is a standard height dirt bike stand then it is several inches above normal. I agree that the swing arm design is interesting. I would still like to see more specs, seat height, wheel base, weight, etc. I really wonder what the real weight will be, 200lbs comes pretty fast when working with steel.

The trellis frame and round tube frame designs found on the first page of this thread look to be considerably lighter. Rather than a lower cradle like the FX bike, the other two use the engine as a stressed member, CRF50-style. They use a standard horizontal motor skidplate.

I'd be much happier with one of those designs than the FX version. Like you say, steel adds up quickly.