ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   ATVs (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Lets see some photos of your china ATV out in the wild (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=17238)

2LZ 11-24-2016 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Racer (Post 236707)
Iowa and Indiana both have gold ... if it was in everyone's back yard we all would be rich. A friend of mine was just out in Indiana .. he did well on the gold.

Feel fortunate that you can dredge and enjoy a truly cool hobby. They outlawed it here about 5 years ago. Something about trout eggs and mercury from the Gold Rush.....but..but....

It's also very cool that someone else here is using their Rhino for a tool more than a toy! :-) Proves they can cut it.

Weldangrind 11-24-2016 11:38 AM

It's starting to take off in BC again, which is a big part of the original gold rush. My favourite local industrial electronics shop now sells prospecting equipment. I heard about a guy who recently bought some gear and then practiced by sifting sand he bought at Home Depot. He actually found gold in the Home Depot sand!

Darth Racer 11-24-2016 11:41 AM

They are working on restoring the right to dredge in California. AMRA and PLP are both working on it. You can still do pretty good out there using a good ole sluice and shovel though in the mean time.

Sad thing is with my dredge I remove large amounts of lead, and other heavy materials out of the creeks. Some mercury too if its around. All good stuff for the fish. The loosened gravels from the tailing end provide fresh spawning beds, and holes provide shelter for the fish to hang out in during the hot and dry months.

The fish will feed at the tail end of the sluice picking out all the midges and tidbits.

It's another realm where science suited to political agendas puts the people outside looking in. Floods from storms do far more damage to stream beds then a dredge can ever do. The floods do not remove any of the mercury or lead. They just churn it all up. In California that water ends up in your reservoirs.

You would be surprised how many streams and creeks have mercury... and in places that have not had a history of prospecting or mining. It occurs naturally.

My Rhino is definitely not a toy. It's my pack mule and one purchase I do not regret in the slightest bit. A couple of easy to do modifications and it serves its utility purpose nicely.

2LZ 11-26-2016 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Racer (Post 236726)
They are working on restoring the right to dredge in California. AMRA and PLP are both working on it. You can still do pretty good out there using a good ole sluice and shovel though in the mean time.

Sad thing is with my dredge I remove large amounts of lead, and other heavy materials out of the creeks. Some mercury too if its around. All good stuff for the fish. The loosened gravels from the tailing end provide fresh spawning beds, and holes provide shelter for the fish to hang out in during the hot and dry months.

The fish will feed at the tail end of the sluice picking out all the midges and tidbits.

It's another realm where science suited to political agendas puts the people outside looking in. Floods from storms do far more damage to stream beds then a dredge can ever do. The floods do not remove any of the mercury or lead. They just churn it all up. In California that water ends up in your reservoirs.

You would be surprised how many streams and creeks have mercury... and in places that have not had a history of prospecting or mining. It occurs naturally.

My Rhino is definitely not a toy. It's my pack mule and one purchase I do not regret in the slightest bit. A couple of easy to do modifications and it serves its utility purpose nicely.

Without getting into careers, etc...lets just say I disagree with at least 50% of what who I work for decrees. I'm with you on this subject. I've seen far too much "agenda driven regulation" in my day.....especially here.

Back to the Rhino, I got my gearing yesterday in the mail! WOO HOO! Both front and rear....now just waiting on the chain. I can't wait to get those sprockets on.....

Darth Racer 11-26-2016 03:01 PM

You're gonna like it 2LZ. I wish the Rhino came with that gearing out of the crate.

Bad Dog 01-17-2017 09:30 AM

Sum pic of rhino and 125D

3 Attachment(s)
Home made snow plow , works good though .

Darth Racer 01-17-2017 04:43 PM

Like the plow.. how did you attach it? How did you make it?

BlackBike 01-17-2017 09:41 PM

I take it we are not in South Alabama

Bad Dog 01-18-2017 08:03 PM

I'm in southern Maryland ..Will post some up close pic's of plow then for u too see where attached to Atv and explain the build .

Darth Racer 01-18-2017 08:39 PM

Much appreciated Bad Dog... It's a project I would like to try at some point .... I'm in northern MD.

Dakados 01-19-2017 08:32 PM

Very nice! I'm considering building a similar unit with a 3/4" sheet of white plastic I have hangin' around. (for the blade itself of course :P ). Just wonder what cutting was required at the center pan to add the hinge point?

Regards and lovely job,
Dak

Swampy 01-23-2017 11:30 AM

2 Attachment(s)
My son and I were heading out duck hunting at Oh Dark Thirty Sunday morning in the wind and rain when our Grizzly died 20 years up a mud road from the parking place. It’s about 2 miles to our duck hunting tank so the morning hunt was scrubbed. Came home, loaded up the Kandi’s and headed back out. We have had a wet year here in Ca and the mud roads are in terrible shape from all the hunting related use. Happy to report these little quads did a great job getting us out and back.

2LZ 01-23-2017 02:23 PM

Right on Swampy! Glad to see the Kandi's took it in stride.
Who's the old ugly guy anyway?

Swampy 01-23-2017 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 241324)
Right on Swampy! Glad to see the Kandi's took it in stride.
Who's the old ugly guy anyway?

That would be a Swampy Unit in his natural habitat.

BlackBike 01-23-2017 09:38 PM

The swampster

Dats wat dem duks like is dat rain for sure. Ask dat man from South Lousian.