ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   difference in shark and bozz (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=17427)

motorcyclelove 09-13-2016 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 231062)
Sorry culcune, I guess I spaced posting the link..... Dang, and I ain't even drinkin right now! ;-)

http://www.superiorpowersports.com/2...rk250db-08.htm

I'd call and make sure they actually have them in stock. Seems everyone is out of Storms. Its a shame Super Scooter doesn't have them their price is $1400 delivered.

culcune 09-13-2016 07:29 PM

If you look at the fine print on Superiorpowersports they mention:

"Availability: In stock soon. Order now to get in line. First come first served."

So they don't have them, either.

motorcyclelove 09-13-2016 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by culcune (Post 231115)
If you look at the fine print on Superiorpowersports they mention:

"Availability: In stock soon. Order now to get in line. First come first served."

So they don't have them, either.

That's what I figured. If nobody has them by mid October I'm going with a hawk. I'm a divorced dad with two kids, my budget is tight and I shouldn't even be spending $1400. I'm trying to justify it to myself with gas savings since I commute 44 miles round trip everyday.

motorcyclelove 09-13-2016 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffrey (Post 231117)
I would forget the STORM and get the HAWK. Then you can use mjstef,s digital tach cluster.

Yeah, storm already has the street sprocket setup. That's what impressed me.

BlackBike 09-13-2016 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorcyclelove (Post 231116)
That's what I figured. If nobody has them by mid October I'm going with a hawk. I'm a divorced dad with two kids, my budget is tight and I shouldn't even be spending $1400. I'm trying to justify it to myself with gas savings since I commute 44 miles round trip everyday.

Dude, you need to bite the bullet and go a head and get the rx3 if you are truly going for the commute thing. It will be far more comfortable. Your experience with the rx3 will encourage to stay with the m.c. commute. Sell some stuff, save , throw some boxes at ups in the mornings and you will have the cash in no time. What does it take, like $4200 out the door, right?:hehe:

culcune 09-13-2016 11:24 PM

I commuted 33 miles a day on my TMEC 200--year round. I commute on my 150cc TGB scooter today, but have been thinking of getting a Hawk or Magician, or the Brozz for commuting duties. Or to cross off my bucket list riding from Yuma to Cabo San Lucas on a cheap Chinese motorcycle :)

BlackBike 09-13-2016 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by culcune (Post 231139)
I commuted 33 miles a day on my TMEC 200--year round. I commute on my 150cc TGB scooter today, but have been thinking of getting a Hawk or Magician, or the Brozz for commuting duties. Or to cross off my bucket list riding from Yuma to Cabo San Lucas on a cheap Chinese motorcycle :)

I guess my thinking is that if I had a rx3 just sitting there, I would be more inclined to commute with it versus just a Cheapo dirt bike.

Please, no double barrel response:hehe:

2LZ 09-14-2016 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorcyclelove (Post 231116)

Been there. If you don't do it for yourself, no one else will....and in my case, if the X finds out you have extra, she'll take it anyway. Just make sure in advance you can register the Hawk where you live. Be nothing worse than spending the money that you scrape together just to have it sit.

2LZ 09-14-2016 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffrey (Post 231129)
My STORM 200 came with 16/50. With the HAWK there is two places to get parts with the STORM there is one that I know of.

Most generic Hondoid parts (brakes, cables, throttles, carbs, etc...) can be purchased online from places like Amazon or EBay.

Weldangrind 09-14-2016 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffrey (Post 231197)
I was referring to body panels handel bar mounts things like that.

Plastics can often be found at Taobao; there is an excellent tutorial on this site about that.

Merlin 09-14-2016 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind (Post 231205)
Plastics can often be found at Taobao; there is an excellent tutorial on this site about that.

Heres a link to that tutorial. Thanks
http://www.chinariders.net/showthrea...aobao+tutorial :clap:

Oengus 09-25-2016 06:58 AM

The Shark has standard forks and looks like a single piston front brake, its price is $1,558.00 delivered.
The Brozz has inverted front forks and looks like a twin piston front brake, that’s $100.00 more.
The fender and headlight, some body parts are different.
Both have a digital tach speedometer combo, that has a gear position indicator.
I did not check but I believe both of these made by Bashan have the FMVSS decal and EPA certificates for on the road use. The TT250 is what $1,100.00 more?
The Hawk and Magician are cheapest, however neither, so I have read, have the FMVSS decal and may not have an EPA on the road certification either? In that depending on which state you’re in you could end up with a motorcycle you cannot get a license plate for.
http://www.powersportsmax.com/index.php/cPath/482_483

Republic 09-25-2016 08:20 AM

I can verify that if you assemble the rear of the Hawk yourself there are two stickers on the cargo area. One says Made in China, the other says Off Road Use Only. Thankfully Oklahoma doesn't care about any of that as long as it has lights, mirrors, etc.