ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Lifan X-Pect 200 video (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=24211)

wedooit 08-06-2019 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ss27gogeta (Post 315614)
Just got an email from txpowersports that my bike shipped. I'm hopeing it gets here by Saturday so I can start tinkering with it and we will know if. landshark's Issue is just his bike or a more widespread issue.

hi ss27, as Jerry and some of the others have posted....check your valve adjustment, there is a ton of info on suggestions for a new bike, lock titing, valves, etc...as what I call the masters of the china syndrome. congrats on the purchase....post some pixs

landshark 08-06-2019 01:54 PM

Just talked to American Lifan. The only way to properly adjust the idle is to take the module off and send it to them for adjustment. They supposedly have the one and only device that can reprogram the module.

ss27gogeta 08-06-2019 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wedooit (Post 315621)
hi ss27, as Jerry and some of the others have posted....check your valve adjustment, there is a ton of info on suggestions for a new bike, lock titing, valves, etc...as what I call the masters of the china syndrome. congrats on the purchase....post some pixs

I deffinetly plan on doing this probly will go through the whole engine. along with locktighting all critical fasteners. if they don't already have Loctite/nylock nuts. it might be a few day before. I ride I'm going through this with a fine tooth comb. But as soon as it hits my door I'll get you guys some pics I've yet to see a red one not even a picture of one. just the orang and green ones. is all I can find a picture of. so I can't wait to see it.

JerryHawk250 08-06-2019 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landshark (Post 315625)
Just talked to American Lifan. The only way to properly adjust the idle is to take the module off and send it to them for adjustment. They supposedly have the one and only device that can reprogram the module.

I would check valve adjustment first before sending it. It's almost a guarantee that it needs adjustment. Otherwise you will be like a dog chasing his tail. lol Seen too many guys on here trying to adjust carbs and in the end all they needed was a valve adjustment.

Tutorial on how to adjust valves. https://www.cscmotorcycles.com/check...lve-adjustment

ss27gogeta 08-06-2019 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landshark (Post 315625)

At least there willing to straighten this out. and they might have the only module for now. but if these get popular enough. someone will hack the ecu eventualy hopefully they do. modding would be easyer if you can tune it.

JerryHawk250 08-06-2019 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ss27gogeta (Post 315627)
I deffinetly plan on doing this probly will go through the whole engine. along with locktighting all critical fasteners. if they don't already have Loctite/nylock nuts. it might be a few day before. I ride I'm going through this with a fine tooth comb. But as soon as it hits my door I'll get you guys some pics I've yet to see a red one not even a picture of one. just the orang and green ones. is all I can find a picture of. so I can't wait to see it.

http://www.powersportsmax.com/images...X-Pect/1-l.jpg

ss27gogeta 08-06-2019 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 315631)

Thank you that red with the black rims looks awesome.

kingofqueenz 08-06-2019 03:21 PM

WOW JERRY!!!

AMAZING ISTRUCTIONAL LINK FOR THE VALVES!!!

My TBR7 is new ( 56 miles on it ).

Have not touched the valves yet ( busy mucking about with carb, clutch, fork oil etc. )

BUT.. I will want to mind those valves and that link is pure gold!

In fact, for others, there are a bunch of other cool manuals on that site that surely have cross appeal for the HAwk or TBR.

Sure I can watch vids, but those guides are great!

JerryHawk250 08-06-2019 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingofqueenz (Post 315637)
WOW JERRY!!!

AMAZING ISTRUCTIONAL LINK FOR THE VALVES!!!

My TBR7 is new ( 56 miles on it ).

Have not touched the valves yet ( busy mucking about with carb, clutch, fork oil etc. )

BUT.. I will want to mind those valves and that link is pure gold!

In fact, for others, there are a bunch of other cool manuals on that site that surely have cross appeal for the HAwk or TBR.

Sure I can watch vids, but those guides are great!

I don't know if the TBR or X-Pect are like the Hawk as far as room but on the Hawk the Valve adjustment can be done without removing the tank.

kingofqueenz 08-06-2019 04:04 PM

Thanks, I did see Motocheez do it without removing.

I'll take a look..worst case I'll yank the seat off.

Probably the coolest part about these bikes is the ease of working on and the lack of care in tinkering...meaning, if I bought a bike for $7k...I would stress over diving in head first.

For $1,700 brand new.. I had the thing ripped apart day one without a worry i the world....

pete 08-07-2019 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landshark (Post 315567)
All of the same questions and thoughts I have as well. I don't think it is as simple as turning a limit screw. It reacts fine when cruising and then giving throttle. It reacts not so great from low rpms, like if you let the engine slow you all the way down in say 2nd gear to turn in a cul-d sac it gets overly jerky without ever touching the throttle to start accelerating. Way different than any carbed bike I have ridden.

This sounds like a very sensitive TPS...Throttle Postion Sencer..
it is detecting small involuntary throttle movements you are making..

What happens.... every time the throttle moves the ECU thinks you are
going to accelerate so it richens the mixture.... but when you don't it leans the
mixture back off again.... that gives the surging sensation..
rich/lean/rich/lean and so on...

try loosening the throttle cable slightly...give it more free play...

NzBrakelathes 08-07-2019 05:54 AM

Hawk like bike with what brand of EFI? It’s not Delphi but maybe FIA? Still rear drum and skinny fork which is weird cause nothing in China like this really is forced like it
OHC 223cc engine prob like my CQR or the slightly better built style / not sure

JerryHawk250 08-07-2019 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffrey (Post 315669)
If anybody is interested I did a search for motor cycle EFI conversion kits and found two kits on ebay one is $ 288 the other $259 their from the same company. I don't know how to put up links but it wasn't hard to find.

I found that kit too over a years ago. Always been tempted to try it but bikes running too good as it is. Here's the link for anyone who wants to try it. You will need the 200cc kit and upgrade to a 30mm throttle body https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3278...ddresstype=600

Red Hawk 08-07-2019 09:03 AM

I can appreciate the work of tracking down an EFI conversion and it’s great to upgrade any parts on the Hawk. But how reliable is a more complicated gray market system at what benefit over a carb. We don’t get emissions checked. Maybe a few more miles per tank. The carb is foolproof super simple to repair and a replacement is sub $20. I’ve seen the carb models of China bikes on back order this summer and I’d assume it’s cause the pending EFI release. If I had a choice I’d go carb. Even if this was a Japanese bike. It’s like trying to make ice cubes more complicated.

Keep it simple stupid and I’ll get home when I’m over 10 miles off pavement roads.

landshark 08-07-2019 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pete (Post 315564)
dose it have a dialog setting/display in the panel
where you can make adjustments to the injection settings...

most yamaha's do... but there is no mention of it in the manuals
shop mechanics are ment to be the only ones that know about it
and how to access it...

Yamaha.... with the key off.... hold both buttons down while you turn the
key on... keep holding the buttons down till the dialog screen comes up...

try it.... you never know.. there maybe one....

No go on this...