ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dealer & Distributor Discussion (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   NEW RIDERS--DO NOT BUY LIFAN PRODUCTS (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=3061)

madmanjustice 05-13-2008 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GY_Racing

It was listed as
"49 state street/dot legal dual sport" and the bike says dot on the tires,rims,lights,blinkers everything.

If you read the fine print, you'll see that they took out CT and added Guam... :D

iMoose 05-14-2008 12:12 AM

OK, I got it! Here's what you should do:

Disguise your bike to look like an old lady, fly to Guam, register your bike there, re-disguise bike as old lady, fly back.

Simple.

almonpoole 05-14-2008 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iMoose
OK, I got it! Here's what you should do:

Disguise your bike to look like an old lady, fly to Guam, register your bike there, re-disguise bike as old lady, fly back.

Simple.

:D :D :D :D

almonpoole 05-14-2008 04:36 PM

[quote="GY_Racing"]
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrhyak
In fact when I was at the DMV they said they were going to recall about 80% of the Lifans plates in the next few months because they were not AL authorized vins.

If this happens it goes without saying that the Lifan brand becomes more hated then Tank in this country and that is saying a lot!!! I am thinking that over half of all US Lifan bikes are grey.

TeamCheap 05-14-2008 05:22 PM

I hope that doesnt happen.

If the A.L. whine bags cause that to happen then they themselves should be put out of business since I feel they are just as much at fault as anyone for the whole mess, actually more so.

iMoose 05-16-2008 09:13 PM

Didn't AL start all this with the scare-tactic of no parts for "grey" bikes and calling out dealers as being sleazy on their website?

Broken rice bowls all around!

Except me, I'm not buying into their marketing ploys. I wonder what their sales numbers look like? Anybody notice a drop-off? Or maybe a Hi-Bird sales spike? Heard some dealers are selling out of the Hi-Bird/Komoto's.

Again, Hmmmmmm...........

mrhyak 05-16-2008 11:58 PM

Hey, I like my Tank!!! They quit selling D/S a few years ago but my 05 GY4-200 is a kick-a$$ machine! Good thing I don't need parts though, eh?

I think the company 'tanked' before I purchased mine last year so I didn't get to experience the fabled customer service that I hear Tank provided (sarcastic smile).

GY_Racing 05-17-2008 11:59 AM

It just shows you that greed in the long run will cost you more in sales then you saved in the first place. Customer service and good business ethic is EVERYTHING!

It sounds like they use to be on this site until the truth started coming out then they did not want to have to answer for them selfs, at least not publicly. It reminds me of another company on here. :roll:

ejcycles 05-18-2008 09:24 AM

And what company would that be?

olds_cool 05-18-2008 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejcycles

Ummm....STank, maybe???

Nuff said.

olds-cool63

DON'T BE A SQUIDIOT! 8)

olds_cool 05-18-2008 02:50 PM

[quote="almonpoole"]
Quote:

Quote:

In fact when I was at the DMV they said they were going to recall about 80% of the Lifans plates in the next few months because they were not AL authorized vins.

If this happens it goes without saying that the Lifan brand becomes more hated then Tank in this country and that is saying a lot!!! I am thinking that over half of all US Lifan bikes are grey.

I don't see how ANY company can top STank on the Most Hated List.

Impossible!!!

Nuff said.

olds_cool63

DON'T BE A SQUIDIOT! 8)

SpeedSouth 05-18-2008 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejcycles

My guess....ATV Discounters.

almonpoole 05-18-2008 10:10 PM

I think the troll means atvd!

maf119l 05-19-2008 01:30 AM

[quote="olds_cool"]
Quote:

Originally Posted by almonpoole
Quote:

Quote:

I don't see how ANY company can top STank on the Most Hated List.

Impossible!!!

Nuff said.

olds_cool63

DON'T BE A SQUIDIOT! 8)

I think SunL hadthe top honors for awhile