ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   2022 kpr200 (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=30852)

herbie 07-13-2022 07:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I downloaded a GPS app and then rode to the interstate to see how close my speedometer is to actual GPS. My speedometers top speed today said 84 mph and as you can see the GPS says 80mph. So, the speedometer is only off 4 mph

herbie 07-13-2022 09:20 PM

I went both directions on the interstate to show it was a pretty flat highway. 82mph one way and 84mph the other

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3pvJB8ylaQ

JerryHawk250 07-13-2022 10:56 PM

Damn kid!, slow that bike down! :lmao: Pretty impressive for 200cc bike. :tup:

Falkon45 07-14-2022 12:21 AM

Impressive sir!! Fairings really do help that thing cut through the air. I rode my bike tonight, and just barely hit 70mph. Lol. That was full truck, and using my passenger pegs to get my legs higher up and closer in.

herbie 07-14-2022 04:38 AM

Thanks guys! Yeah, I'm loving this bike, it's fun to ride for sure

herbie 07-17-2022 05:52 PM

Air filter and spark plug removal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l02VtVs_U1c

JimS 07-20-2022 05:49 PM

Purchased a KPR200 about a month ago and have just over 400 miles on it now. I've been enjoying riding again after 10+ years of being without a bike and bought this to save on fuel with the recent spike in fuel prices. My first tank full of fuel netted 307 miles and it took 3.1 gallons of fuel so I'm impressed with the 98mpg that it delivered! I haven't been hammering on it much as I'd like to get passed 500 miles and adjust the valves before beating on it.

I've read just about every post online here and enjoy the site.

I would like to add the center stand and was curious if Herbie could post a link to the stand that he purchased. I see a few on the site he mentioned but would like to make sure that I get the correct stand and would appreciate hearing which one was purchased.

The only things I've done to the bike so far is the removal of the air inlet piece and added a self-made throttle lock. (I added a couple of washers between the weight and throttle to be able to keep the throttle set while cruising).

Thanks a bunch for the great site and for letting me join!

herbie 07-20-2022 06:38 PM

Hi Jim! I'm glad you are enjoying your KPR, the bike is so much fun isn't it? My goodness 98mpg, what am I doing wrong, oh, I am a little heavy handed I guess :lmao:
Here is the stand I ordered, be sure and get the one that has everything with it 42cny ; https://engtb.com/item/taobao/557264586383.html

I plan on doing a valve clearance adjustment video pretty soon, if I can be of any help just let me know. Oh, and welcome!!

JimS 07-20-2022 07:01 PM

Thanks a bunch herbie!

The bike is great and I've enjoyed every ride - even today when the ride home was in 108 degree temp!

Looking forward to many more miles and appreciate your support!

herbie 07-20-2022 07:13 PM

Awesome!! And you're welcome. What color of KPR did you buy?

JimS 07-20-2022 07:22 PM

It's the flat black color with red and white decals. I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow. It was $2500 delivered and is now my daily driver.

I have a V-series Cadillac that seems to stop at every gas station so this gas saving bike is a very welcome addition to my garage.

herbie 07-21-2022 04:28 AM

Pictures are always good! :tup:

Tinydogz 07-21-2022 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimS (Post 380976)
It's the flat black color with red and white decals. I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow. It was $2500 delivered and is now my daily driver.

I have a V-series Cadillac that seems to stop at every gas station so this gas saving bike is a very welcome addition to my garage.

Hey where’d you find the flat black for that price? I can only find the (older?) white/red and white/yellow for under $3000. The only 2022s I’ve found are over that price. Thanks and agree pics would be awesome!

JerryHawk250 07-21-2022 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinydogz (Post 381010)
Hey where’d you find the flat black for that price? I can only find the (older?) white/red and white/yellow for under $3000. The only 2022s I’ve found are over that price. Thanks and agree pics would be awesome!

Venom Motorsports have the Flat Black. The fuel cost has driven the prices up in the past few months. If you use the Forum discount code JerryHawk250 you will get $50 off. It's not much but will give you a few tanks of gas. https://www.venommotorsportsusa.com/...12836894310444

Tinydogz 07-21-2022 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 381011)
Venom Motorsports have the Flat Black. The fuel cost has driven the prices up in the past few months. If you use the Forum discount code JerryHawk250 you will get $50 off. It's not much but will give you a few tanks of gas. https://www.venommotorsportsusa.com/...12836894310444

Ok thanks. Yeah Venom did look to be the most reputable shop for this bike. They had texted after I expressed an interest and did offer a $75 off coupon. Do you know the difference between a 2020 model and the 2022 apart from colors? The older color models can still be had for 2750 shipped from other sites.

JerryHawk250 07-21-2022 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinydogz (Post 381015)
Ok thanks. Yeah Venom did look to be the most reputable shop for this bike. They had texted after I expressed an interest and did offer a $75 off coupon. Do you know the difference between a 2020 model and the 2022 apart from colors? The older color models can still be had for 2750 shipped from other sites.

I really don't think there was much change except for colors.

herbie 07-21-2022 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinydogz (Post 381015)

$3025 from Venom shipped to your door and you get the best colors from a good dealer that supports this forum is good deal I think, just my opinion of course. You know the old saying that “a warranty is only as good as the dealer providing it”. I personally was Leary about buying from other dealers. I even noticed that Amazon prices have gone up on the KPR and venom was a bit cheaper.

JimS 07-21-2022 10:31 AM

I bought mine on eBay for $2459 from seller xpromoto and the invoice shows Powersportsmax. They did add a $100 shipping fee since I'm in a rural area so the total was actually $2559.

Guess I need to figure out how to post a picture.

JimS 07-21-2022 11:24 AM

I placed an order for the center stand but it didn't show any shipping charges so I hope the seller will contact me for the shipping charges in the next day or two.

Teklock 07-21-2022 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimS (Post 381025)
I placed an order for the center stand but it didn't show any shipping charges so I hope the seller will contact me for the shipping charges in the next day or two.

Once engtb.com receives your part they will give you shipping options with the weight. I never received any notifications from them so you may want to check your order status on their website every few days.

JimS 07-21-2022 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teklock (Post 381032)
Once engtb.com receives your part they will give you shipping options with the weight. I never received any notifications from them so you may want to check your order status on their website every few days.

Thanks Teklock! I'll keep an eye on the status.

JimS 07-21-2022 12:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 27240

Teklock 07-21-2022 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimS (Post 381034)
Thanks Teklock! I'll keep an eye on the status.

You're welcome! I don't remember exactly what status my order was on but when I had the option to 'Submit to ship' is when I receive the different options for shipping carriers.

herbie 07-22-2022 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimS (Post 381025)

I agree with what teklock said, usually what happens is after you order they submit to ship to a local warehouse and you are asked if you want any special service like repackaging and they also offer expert help as they call it, at a small fee. They will weigh the package either as you bought it or if it gets repackaged and then you are given the options for international shipping, and the charges vary as well as the wait time. the center stand was costly to ship so I went with the cheaper option since I wasn't in a hurry for it, but for whatever reason they airmailed it and I received it in 3 weeks. you have to keep checking the status on your page and be proactive with the order. They do a good job with it but it is a lot more work than ordering from the states.

JimS 07-22-2022 11:09 AM

I'll keep an eye on the order. Current status shows "Ordered". I'm in no hurry for it.

Also ordered a bag like the one you have installed herbie. I have a smaller bag that is sufficient for the time being but the larger bag will be more practical.

I'm really enjoying riding again - especially in the morning when the temps are below 80. I may change to a 16 tooth front sprocket in the near future.

herbie 07-22-2022 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimS (Post 381119)
I'll keep an eye on the order. Current status shows "Ordered". I'm in no hurry for it.

Also ordered a bag like the one you have installed herbie. I have a smaller bag that is sufficient for the time being but the larger bag will be more practical.

I'm really enjoying riding again - especially in the morning when the temps are below 80. I may change to a 16 tooth front sprocket in the near future.

That's really awesome that you are riding again! I couldn't even imagine not riding, it's therapy for me :tup:

That bag is expandable and can fit a helmet inside, I really like it. The 16 tooth sprocket is really only good for one thing in my opinion and that is lowering the rpm's a little bit for highway riding. It doesn't really benefit it very much as far as speed goes because 17hp pushing against 80mph wind is pretty maxxed out! :lmao: The engine will have a little bit lower rpm's in every gear but it's not that noticeable. I've gone back and forth with the 15 and 16 tooth as well as trying the 17 tooth sprocket. My conclusion is the 15 tooth is geared perfectly for most applications, if highway riding plays a big part then absolutely, I would recommend the 16 tooth sprocket.

JimS 07-22-2022 11:51 AM

My daily ride is 22 miles round trip and 10 miles of that is on the highway. I've had no problems maintaining the posted 65mph speed limit and have had it up to 74 on the speedo which is great for this little engine but I like to tinker so I'll give the 16 a try for a while and see how I like it.

I stopped riding 10 years ago due to a pinched nerve in my back which would cause my right leg to lock up whenever it wanted to so I didn't feel that it was safe to be out on the road with the possibility of not being able to put my leg down. I gave the bike to my dad and he road it up until last year and passed it onto my brother. He ended up selling it....

That bike was a 1987 Super Magna and it was in the family for 20 years. It was a good looking bike and had decent power but didn't turn worth a darn in my opinion.

This KPR is so easy to ride and is not only a comfortable ride but it's a blast to ride. My wife asked if I thought I should drive the car recently with the temps hovering around 110 lately and while having the AC on for the trip home is nice, it's more fun to me to be able to zip home on the bike and enjoy the scenery a bit more. No radio, no ac, no phone calls - just me and the road. I play golf in this weather which takes close to 4 hours so a 15 minute ride on the bike is easy.

herbie 07-22-2022 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimS (Post 381121)
My daily ride is 22 miles round trip and 10 miles of that is on the highway. I've had no problems maintaining the posted 65mph speed limit and have had it up to 74 on the speedo which is great for this little engine but I like to tinker so I'll give the 16 a try for a while and see how I like it.

I stopped riding 10 years ago due to a pinched nerve in my back which would cause my right leg to lock up whenever it wanted to so I didn't feel that it was safe to be out on the road with the possibility of not being able to put my leg down. I gave the bike to my dad and he road it up until last year and passed it onto my brother. He ended up selling it....

That bike was a 1987 Super Magna and it was in the family for 20 years. It was a good looking bike and had decent power but didn't turn worth a darn in my opinion.

This KPR is so easy to ride and is not only a comfortable ride but it's a blast to ride. My wife asked if I thought I should drive the car recently with the temps hovering around 110 lately and while having the AC on for the trip home is nice, it's more fun to me to be able to zip home on the bike and enjoy the scenery a bit more. No radio, no ac, no phone calls - just me and the road. I play golf in this weather which takes close to 4 hours so a 15 minute ride on the bike is easy.

I Like It!!:tup: You sound like me, I don't know if that's good or bad :lmao:

I've owned 3 different Magnas but never a super magna. I've owned tons of bikes and my favorite was a 94 Yellow Magna 750, awesome bike only downfall was a max tank of fuel would run out at 100 miles, not very practical but fun none the less. I think the super magna was a 700cc with gear driven cams correct? They made an awesome whine when you revved it up

JimS 07-22-2022 01:51 PM

Yes sir you are correct. It wouldn't travel far on a tank of fuel either - if it went 100 miles, I was looking for a gas station.

JimS 07-28-2022 04:23 PM

Currently at 520 miles. I changed the oil and filter today and removed and checked the screen which was clean. I plan to adjust the valves next week.

Also installed the 16 tooth front sprocket, cleaned and lubed the chain and installed the new seat bag which is a big improvement over the little bag I had before.

Really enjoying the heck out of this bike! In the short time that I've been riding it to work and back, I've saved $170 in fuel!

herbie 07-28-2022 08:33 PM

Awesome Jim, It sure is a fun bike, wish I could ride to work, I’d be putting 200 miles a week on it. But unfortunately motorcycles aren’t allowed at my work anymore. I used to ride to work and miss it terribly, especially the ride home

JerryHawk250 07-29-2022 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herbie (Post 381534)
Awesome Jim, It sure is a fun bike, wish I could ride to work, I’d be putting 200 miles a week on it. But unfortunately motorcycles aren’t allowed at my work anymore. I used to ride to work and miss it terribly, especially the ride home

It's called discrimination. I'd quit my job. :lmao:

herbie 07-29-2022 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 381550)
It's called discrimination. I'd quit my job. :lmao:

Oh I know what you mean! I am going to tell them to take this job and shove it, when I retire hopefully next year :lmao:

herbie 07-30-2022 04:51 AM

Valve Clearance check and adjust procedure

Removed

JimS 07-30-2022 03:49 PM

Great video herbie and perfect timing as I plan on doing this next week.

herbie 08-01-2022 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimS (Post 381609)
Great video herbie and perfect timing as I plan on doing this next week.

Thanks Jim! Hope everything goes well for you, it really is a pretty easy process. :tup:

JimS 08-01-2022 07:00 PM

It was pretty easy and I'll be doing it again tomorrow....

For some reason, I used the specs from the owners manual (.08 and .12) instead of .05 and ~.08.

It runs great but I don't want to mess anything up so I'll do em again tomorrow for peace of mind if nothing else.

Thanks again for the video! This time, I'll use the service manual measurements as outlined in the video.

herbie 08-02-2022 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimS (Post 381708)
It was pretty easy and I'll be doing it again tomorrow....

For some reason, I used the specs from the owners manual (.08 and .12) instead of .05 and ~.08.

It runs great but I don't want to mess anything up so I'll do em again tomorrow for peace of mind if nothing else.

Thanks again for the video! This time, I'll use the service manual measurements as outlined in the video.

I ran my bike with the owners manual specification as well from when I adjusted it at about 100 miles until about 1200 miles with no ill effects. I just recently found out about Lifans service manual specifications. I’m not sure why they didn’t change the owners manual to match. I’m not really happy with the discrepancy though, I do hope that American Lifan sees this and makes the change.

Teklock 08-02-2022 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herbie (Post 381725)
I ran my bike with the owners manual specification as well from when I adjusted it at about 100 miles until about 1200 miles with no ill effects. I just recently found out about Lifans service manual specifications. I’m not sure why they didn’t change the owners manual to match. I’m not really happy with the discrepancy though, I do hope that American Lifan sees this and makes the change.

Are you guys talking about this service manual?
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/02...f?v=1636701098

I'm asking because the engine in that manual is not the same engine, we have in our newer KPR's. I'm pretty sure .08 and .12 is the correct valve lash.

JimS 08-02-2022 12:11 PM

Yes that is the manual that I have. It does show the 165ML-P engine and our newer engine is 165ML-E and it would be nice to know for sure the correct lash. I may leave what I have for now as that same manual shows that the 165ML-P is an air cooled engine in the introduction (section 1.1) and on the next page (1.2), it states it is water "colled"....

I sent an email to American Lifan to see if they can confirm the correct measurements and possibly send a manual for the 165ML-E.