ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   2021 Xpro Titan DLX (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=29802)

KSSK 01-19-2022 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee1991 (Post 371566)
Second powersports max lists the titan250 model as the DB-X34 but all my paperwork that came with my bike lists the model as the DB88? anyone else have this issue?

Did they send you an MCO for a different customer? Does the VIN on the MCO match your bike?

If the VIN matches, the model number probably doesn't matter that much.

If it's the wrong VIN, then you need a new MCO.

Lee1991 01-19-2022 06:00 PM

Ok so the vins match between the paper work and the bike. Having issues loading the photos but it’s definitely a titan I think haha.

tknj99 01-19-2022 08:54 PM

I purchased mine from PSM as well and you can see the condition the bike was delivered in on the first page of this thread. For those damages, they refunded me $30 since they claimed they didnt have any of the parts in stock. i asked for a replacement seat and fork caps and exhaust pipe at the time lol so figured it'd be a long shot... but they were quick to send me the refund. Also, i had an issue with the side rear blinker which they quickly shipped out to me as well.. overall, im satisfied with their support.. much better than TXPower lol

Lee1991 01-19-2022 09:14 PM

Ok good news. Hopefully I can get this ignition and key thing figured out so I can give it a test. What was the model listed on your paperwork.

GlennR 01-21-2022 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee1991 (Post 371587)
Ok good news. Hopefully I can get this ignition and key thing figured out so I can give it a test. What was the model listed on your paperwork.

It's very simple. I just replaced one on my Chinese bike that was cutting out while riding. I swapped it for an OEM Honda one which was an exact fit. Now I have a Honda key! :tup:

It cost about 4x more than a Chinese one but has a much nicer "click" feel to it.

GlennR 01-21-2022 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plump Kibbles (Post 368001)
At first, I installed the blue 'racing CDI': https://www.amazon.com/Glixal-ATMT1-...5046976&sr=8-5

With that one, I did notice a little pickup with the stock pipe and baffle out on the muffler. The baffle is just a decibel reducer, sorta. But does add a few MPH when taken out - like 2.. but hey, more!

Now - without the catalytic converter and EGR / SAI, the fuel rate is MUCH more rich and all the exhaust gasses are exiting the pipe. The EGR / SAI crap pushes dirty air back through your intake. But, with the stock catted muffler I was on a 120 main jet - switched pipes and was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too rich. The orange CDI just fits better and matches the color so, :lmao: but between the orange and blue CDI's I can't tell a difference.

The exhaust pipe on this bike is kinda strange - very weird shape, and all one piece.. no middle pipe and doesn't bolt to the frame in the middle - just on the exhaust port engine side and the muffler... that's it!! :hmm: The stoneman exhaust and the Power Core exhausts won't fit this bike - I have a power core 2 full exhaust just lying around unused. Didn't feel like trying to bend it either.

It's not in the pics, but where the shift lever is engine side, the pipe was rubbing against it. I took the pipe off, saw where the lever was rubbing the pipe, took it out in the shop, placed a piece of wood under the opposite side of the shift lever marks, and beat the s#!* out of it with a hammer :lmao: Now there's PLENTY of room for the shift lever to move! Haha.. I think I can list that under 'custom build' when reselling - right? :D The CDI also has an effect with the aftermarket plug coil too - big, big spark lol I am also running the NGK Iridium DRP8EiX-9 plug; stock is NGK D8EA, too! Didn't know that before buying. But does seem to be better than stock.

Thanks though, man! Though, I may have to keep up with tknj99 on the internal mods! I haven't performed any internal upgrades yet. I really want to try that 280cc big bore kit though - see what this thing can do with more powa!!

Is there really a 280cc big bore kit available for this engine? If so, that seems like the first mod to make.

My Kayo K6 uses KTM plastics, seat, and gas tank. I installed a 4.1 gallon Acerbis tank. That might fit your bike too. (btw, I filled the tank with very hot water and used a ratchet strap to squeeze it down, making it quite a bit narrower.)

I recently ordered a Seat Concepts seat to replace the 2x4" hard stock seat. The wait was about 3 months because of C-19, but I just received the tracking info yesterday so it's finally on the way. Now I'll be able to use up the 4.1 gallons, instead of my butt crying after the 1st hour.

If these bikes use the KTM shaped seat pan the Seat Concepts swap is a great upgrade. Have any of you guys checked to see if any KTM or other big brand parts fit these bikes? If so, it'll open up a nice assortment of quality upgrades. (Some might not be an exact fit, but a trim or tweak here or there might make them work.)

Lee1991 01-21-2022 08:01 PM

Is full choke up or down on the stock carb? My manual doesn’t mention it.

tknj99 01-21-2022 08:46 PM

Full choke is up and fuel petcock is backwards to usual so handle side up is normal operation

Lee1991 01-23-2022 09:58 AM

Awesome thanks! I’m pumped and this thing is awesome. I just received my orange CDI, iridium plug, and carb in the mail. Hopefully get those all in in the next week. When you did your initial oil change did you change the filter? And what filters do you all use.

My manual seems completely useless in my initial pass. Doesn’t even list my engine anywhere in it.

tknj99 01-24-2022 06:49 AM

There is no filter and the oil change is simple. On the clutch side of the bike you'll find the oil cap. When removed the oil will drain and you can clean the metal strainer if needed (held in place with a spring)

Nospark 01-25-2022 02:45 PM

Curios how you feel it compares to the Bashan Brozz. From what you've presented, I have to agree it's Xpro Titan seems to be the better of the bikes you noted at the start of the thread. Sorry to hear the dealer didn't have parts for it.

tknj99 01-25-2022 02:59 PM

Its better than the Brozz offroad with the bigger wheels, being lighter in weight (about 40 or so pounds), and the motor is a bit stronger compared to a stock Brozz.. for onroad, the Brozz is the winner with the memory foam seat, counterbalanced, and smoother overall.
But then i'd argue that the Brozz is not great as a primary road bike for highway riding, etc.. can't fault the Brozz though, its been great to me, super reliable and has done everything i have asked of it, including offroad fun

Britt 01-25-2022 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlennR (Post 371626)
It's very simple. I just replaced one on my Chinese bike that was cutting out while riding. I swapped it for an OEM Honda one which was an exact fit. Now I have a Honda key! :tup:...it.

Glen, do you have a link to which one you used?

Thumper 01-25-2022 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tknj99 (Post 367534)
Worked on the carb today as i could see from the plug she was lean on idle and hard to start. A couple of discoveries:
- the stock PZ30 has a metal cap over the idle screw, you can twist it off with plier to reveal the idle screw (so stupid imo).
- there is no idle air/fuel mixture screw
- pilot is a 37 / main is a 102

Since I had my old stock PZ30 from the Brozz, i decided to use it instead. I used 2 shim washers under the needle, kept the 37 pilot (Brozz was a 34) and changed the main to a 110. Turned the a/f out 2.5 turns.
Started right up and a short ride reveals it to be much snappier and no deceleration popping!

This is great! Good to hear that you know what you are doing and made good choices. NICE:tup:

The Captain 01-26-2022 12:22 PM

First, thanks for all the great information about the Titan 250. It made me comfortable ordering one and took delivery last week. A lot of the suggested changes like Carb and CDi box etc was ordered at the same time, so it made upgrading super easy. I really appreciate the work that went into this post. The bike is in VA, so maybe a meetup is in order down the road.
On the not so good side, I ordered through powersportsmax. The bike was delivered with quite the dent/crease on the swingarm. I have been back and forth with them several times trying to get a new swingarm, or even just the part number for the swingarm for me to research. They have been less than helpful, offered $30 in the beginning - $50 eventually. This doesn't cover the part needed I'm sure. Unfortunately, they do not have a swingarm in stock and they are unwilling to honor their "warranty" or "50 day money back guarantee". The could take on off of another bike potentially.
Im honestly pleased with the bike for the most part sans the damaged parts. I would just seriously consider options before ordering from powersportsmax.

tknj99 01-26-2022 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Captain (Post 371839)
First, thanks for all the great information about the Titan 250. It made me comfortable ordering one and took delivery last week. A lot of the suggested changes like Carb and CDi box etc was ordered at the same time, so it made upgrading super easy. I really appreciate the work that went into this post. The bike is in VA, so maybe a meetup is in order down the road.
On the not so good side, I ordered through powersportsmax. The bike was delivered with quite the dent/crease on the swingarm. I have been back and forth with them several times trying to get a new swingarm, or even just the part number for the swingarm for me to research. They have been less than helpful, offered $30 in the beginning - $50 eventually. This doesn't cover the part needed I'm sure. Unfortunately, they do not have a swingarm in stock and they are unwilling to honor their "warranty" or "50 day money back guarantee". The could take on off of another bike potentially.
Im honestly pleased with the bike for the most part sans the damaged parts. I would just seriously consider options before ordering from powersportsmax.

I'm sorry to hear about the damages to the bike. I also noted the damages i had on mine, albeit fairly minor, but you'd atleast think they would ship the bike right-side-up, but hey maybe i ask too much lol
They did the same $30 credit cuz parts not available for me and i was like sure, but in your case, if the swingarm is damaged and its structural integrity is compromised, thats a big-time safety issue and they better honor their warranty.. maybe push from the safety/lawsuit if it were to fail angle and see what they say..
Hell yea! where are you in VA? Im in Crozet and our other Titan bud (plumpkibbles) who paved the way for us to get registered easily) is in Allegheny County

The Captain 01-26-2022 02:31 PM

I am disputing the charge with my card in hopes that it may put a little pressure on them to honor their own listed warranties. At this point, I just want the bike to be rideable and safe.
I actually live in Florida, but it is being stored in Virginia at a friends house (Senna 5152) just south of Richmond. I have some property in WV on the Hatfield Mccoy trails, so we will be going up there as often as we can. No real place to ride in South Florida and happy to fly in to play whenever possible.

JerryHawk250 01-26-2022 02:57 PM

$30 is a joke for a replacement swing arm. The CSCTT250 and Brozz250 swing arms start at $115 + shipping.

Thumper 01-26-2022 07:27 PM

I suspect that the damages on these crate bikes are due to shippers. Imagine the forklift operator looking at a Chinese crate bike he has to move. Sad, I know, but blaming the distributors for all of this type of damage is kind of unfair. They should pay for insurance, I suppose, but that adds to overhead, and we demand cheap, ya know!

OKdiver1 01-26-2022 09:11 PM

They, as the shipper, most likely pay some kind of nominal insurance in their shipping rates. However, they probably do not want the additional paperwork and aggravation, and prefer to offer $30 or $50 for your "silence". This, and in order to file a claim with the shipping company, the recipient has to submit a detailed and documented damage description. Not easy to put the driver on hold for a couple of hours while you open up the crate and go through all the potential issues. FWIW.

tknj99 01-27-2022 07:16 AM

In my case the driver upon delivery told me that it doesn't look so good and that I may want to refuse the shipment.. I hopped in the trailer and yea most of the bike was oil drenched but I looked for any cracks or gashes in the engine case or on the body and it looked good and the rest is history.. But who knows what other headaches id have dealt with PSM if I did that.. yea in cases of serious damage the $30 offer is ridiculous and only serves to increase the suspicion around the dealer.
They love to flash in bold lettering their x day money back guarantee and all that but I wonder if anyone has ever been successful in returning one of these bikes.. Ive never heard of it.. But The Captain's case will certainly test their resolve once they get word of the credit card dispute. hoping they make it right for you soon

Senna5152 01-27-2022 10:53 AM

I took delivery of the bike for The Captain here in Virginia. I can certainly attest that the LTL company did not cause this damage, at least not while in route to me. The crate and the wrap on the bike (this one was already built) was intact and I did not find this until it was already unwrapped, but still on the pallet. I suspect either this bike was shipped once before and refused or it was discovered damaged by PSM and sold as refurbished. We asked them about the refurbished status before it was ordered but they did not respond. There was no indication the bike would be sold as is, in fact the warranty and 50 day guarantee were prominently displayed on the product order page. Given the company stated online they stand by their products and everyone's experience here, he ordered the bike. We have no issue changing out the swingarm, but PSM needs to stand by their statements online by doing the right thing and providing the part. We will provide updates here as we know more.

The Captain 01-27-2022 11:03 AM

They have stated that they do not have the part in stock. They could take one from another bike if they were honest about their warranties. Besides this, I have asked for part numbers several times so that I may look for an equivalent somewhere else. No response on this, just the usual here - take $50 and go away. I am a business owner, have been for a long time. If I guarantee something, I stand by that. I have given them every opportunity to do the right thing over the past week with several requests for part numbers, information, anything. At his point, its not about the money for me. Its about doing the right thing as a business. Im happy to fix the bike with either the $ to buy a new swing arm, have them send me a swingarm, or just send the bike back. Its up to them as to what they decide to do.

JerryHawk250 01-27-2022 11:30 AM

Post up a good close up picture of the swing arm. We may be able to help find a match.

Lee1991 01-27-2022 11:44 AM

Quick question on this bike. I just changed my oil from the junk that was shipped with and I put in 10w 40 full synthetic Valvoline motorcycle oil. As I did this I watched a video on YouTube of a guy doing this oil change and he was very adamant to no use synthetic oil in this bike/motor because of something to do with the clutch. Is any of this true? Do I need to go buy conventional motorcycle oil and swap it out?

Also which oil have all of you been using and what is the capacity of this 223cc engine? 1qrt?

JerryHawk250 01-27-2022 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee1991 (Post 371890)
Quick question on this bike. I just changed my oil from the junk that was shipped with and I put in 10w 40 full synthetic Valvoline motorcycle oil. As I did this I watched a video on YouTube of a guy doing this oil change and he was very adamant to no use synthetic oil in this bike/motor because of something to do with the clutch. Is any of this true? Do I need to go buy conventional motorcycle oil and swap it out?

Also which oil have all of you been using and what is the capacity of this 223cc engine? 1qrt?

Synthetic is fine as long as it is rated for motorcycle wet clutch. I use full synthetic Valvoline motorcycle oil with no issues. But for the break in period, i would use non synthetic. I wouldn't worry about it though.

Lee1991 01-27-2022 12:00 PM

Ok sounds good. Is the 10W40 the wrong weight for this bike? I definitely got the wrong manual with my bike(only mentions 249cc models) and it recommended 10w40. I finally found the correct manual for my model on Orions website this morning and it recommends 15W 40SE?

also because I'm a newbie to Dirt bikes and new bikes why is it recommended to run conventional during the break in?

The Captain 01-27-2022 12:07 PM

[QUOTE=JerryHawk250;371888]Post up a good close up picture of the swing arm. We may be able to help find a match.[/QUOte.
Thanks,
I do not currently have access to the bike, Im back in Florida. I was told to order the older Orion swingarm.

JerryHawk250 01-27-2022 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee1991 (Post 371892)
Ok sounds good. Is the 10W40 the wrong weight for this bike? I definitely got the wrong manual with my bike(only mentions 249cc models) and it recommended 10w40. I finally found the correct manual for my model on Orions website this morning and it recommends 15W 40SE?

also because I'm a newbie to Dirt bikes and new bikes why is it recommended to run conventional during the break in?

10w40 is good. If you live in a hot climate like I do then I would use 20w50 for the summer.

severely 01-27-2022 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee1991 (Post 371892)

The reason some use conventional oils for break in is the conventional oils generally contain more detergents in their make-up as opposed to synthetic oils. The idea is to "wash out" the casting flaws and metallic junk left over from assembly. Your You-tube friend is a little behind the times regarding synthetic oils, they are fine to use IF they don't contain friction modifiers. You look on the rear label of oil bottles and there is an API rating, if the label is green DON't use it in your bike, it contains friction modifiers. You'll see them in 0-20w, 5-20w oils. As Jerry said stick to the motorcycle only oils and it's hard to go wrong. Don't overthink it, just make sure your bike is full of clean oil.:)

culcune 01-27-2022 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by severely (Post 371915)
As Jerry said stick to the motorcycle only oils and it's hard to go wrong. Don't overthink it, just make sure your bike is full of clean oil.:)

A LOT of members will swear by cheap, bulk purchase Rotella 15W-40. I used to 'spoil' my bike since I commuted on it approx. 33 miles a day, year round, and use the 4-stroke Castrol 10W-40 motorcyle oil that I found on the shelf in the local O'Reilly's Auto Parts once a month. Maybe I could have waited every 2 months, but the 'don't overthink it' advice is good :tup:

Keep in mind, these engines are generally generic, low-tech mills designed for 3rd world countries and where the residents in those countries use them and abuse them as work machines, probably with long periods of time between oil changes. The engines keep going and going and going and...

Lee1991 01-29-2022 07:03 PM

Update: my PZ30 carb started leaking really bad all of a sudden as the bike idled. I planned on replacing it soon but not right away. Must be a stuck float?

Has anyone noticed the RPM on their bikes seem very high? I swear my idle is around 1800 by the sound of it but the RPM is showing 3k. Also is there a rev limit on these bikes stock? Mine was able to Max out the RPM scale at 12k and I thought it was limited somewhere below that.

Plump Kibbles 01-31-2022 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee1991 (Post 371890)

As for the synthetics - from what I can gather, you can switch to synthetic if you wish but after break-in. Not too sure what may be the reason, but have seen issues where others did use synthetic before the break-in and had some bad clutch slipping. Might just be too slick before everything settles in? I personally don't use synthetic - not against it, just don't see any performance increase or benefits for the increased price. :D

The capacity is a solid quart - so awesome! I was happily surprised to see that after changing the first time; I picked up two quarts, had an extra for the second change. The only thing I don't particularly care for is the screen 'filter' thing that's in place. It does work - nothing at all wrong about how it works, but I'd rather be replacing the filter device instead of just cleaning it off. Again, just my opinion, but don't care for that screen filter lol.. Valves! Do your valves, too!! I didn't think mine were off being a 'new' bike, but wow - was I wrong. NO gap, none at all - after I set the gaps, man.. starts up every time, takes a few starts when the engine is completely cold, but that's normal-ish with no fuel injection or ECU to raise the idle on a cold start. I did my oil changes from 0mi every 500mi until 2000mi, then I moved to every 1000mi. Kind of calculated with my riding it's about 1000mi per 14-15hrs. of riding. And go 5MPH faster than what your speedo reads, it's off by 5MPH, and you'll most definitely have tail-gaters if you're 'doing the speed limit' by the bike!

Hope all that helped!

Lee1991 02-15-2022 08:39 PM

That info helped a ton. Thank you so much. I have taken her out a ton and she is doing great. I did break one of my front fork guards and wondered if anyone has found aftermarket ones that fit? Thanks for the help!

tknj99 02-20-2022 06:29 PM

Update: was able to dial out a low throttle stutter today by moving needle clip to center position, previously one down from center (position 2) and i guess was too rich.. bike is running awesome now.. Did a highway run today as well, at stock gearing its pretty much tapping out at around 55mph GPS verified (61-62 on the speedo) at 8k rpm.. i can push it further but i think thats out of the bikes comfort zone.

blueberry 04-27-2022 09:00 PM

Thanks for the helpful info! just ordered one of these! Do you know what the demetions are on the 428 sprockets front and rear and or where i can find the set up online?? Im trying to get a 17/45 set up as i would be doing more road riding.
thanks !

Senna5152 05-02-2022 01:15 PM

You might want to wait until you get the bike. Mine came with a 520 chain and sprockets even though the site said 428.

adam82 05-04-2022 04:28 PM

suspension?

I'm kind of a heavier guy. 250lbs. The suspension is really soft and floaty. Is there any upgrades to stiffen this up?

tknj99 05-04-2022 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam82 (Post 376863)
I'm kind of a heavier guy. 250lbs. The suspension is really soft and floaty. Is there any upgrades to stiffen this up?

Best i can think is for you to loosen the lock ring on the rear shock and keep turning the ring until its stiff enough to not sag too much or bottom out. You can also replace the fork oil with heavier weight, but thats a bit more involved.
I rode my daughter recently and we r about 280 combined and i noticed a clicking noise on acceleration, never could figure it out, possibly the chain.

severely 05-04-2022 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam82 (Post 376863)

You may think about replacing the fork oil as well. 15 or 20 wt. should work well.