ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic/General Discussion (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   What did you BUY today? (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=16465)

bogieboy 11-12-2017 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheesy (Post 269065)
Never been there, bogie, but knocked back a few with some Aussie friends at Two Brothers in Aurora.

Its well worth the trip if you like stiff and strong beers.... you know, the kind of beer that you take one sip and half a chest of hair sprouts instantly... makes guinnesstaste like a budlight kind of beer....LOL

wheelbender6 11-14-2017 10:56 PM

My wife and I bought a Jeep. Neither of us has ever owned a 4wd, but I read a book about the Dakar Rally.

cheesy 11-15-2017 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheelbender6 (Post 269219)
My wife and I bought a Jeep. Neither of us has ever owned a 4wd, but I read a book about the Dakar Rally.

:tup:What model? Wranglers are noisy and rough riding along with being useful for dragging trees around ones property and nearly as much fun as a Russian motorcycle.

kirbo7106 11-15-2017 12:00 PM

Video to watch

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheelbender6 (Post 269219)

Ok, it’s been a while since I watched the video. Basically, few guys got together, bought CJ-7s and drove from South America to Alaska! It’s a great video! I have a 1989 Wrangler Islander model. It has the old 4.2 inline six cylinder and the Ax-15 tranny. The leaf spring suspension is rough!

Enjoy the Jeep!

wheelbender6 11-15-2017 07:31 PM

We got a 4 dr wrangler. We live near the Gulf and we want to drive those sandy roads to the more remote beaches. The wranglers truly are noisy and busy on the highway, but we can use my truck for road trips. We have a lot of high water on our little highway from the tides, a few times per month and the jeep will help with that.

cheesy 11-15-2017 07:54 PM

Just remember, a clean Jeep is an unloved Jeep.
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4163/...5e3a29f9_c.jpg
So show it some love.

kirbo7106 11-15-2017 08:07 PM

Cheesy...

Why is the top on your Jeep? There is a country song, “Take it Off”!

It’s a Jeep Thing!

cheesy 11-15-2017 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirbo7106 (Post 269250)
Why is the top on your Jeep? There is a country song, “Take it Off”!

It’s a Jeep Thing!

Three reasons.

1 It's a PITA to take off by myself.

2 No place to keep it if I do manage to take it off

3 The Jeep can get dirty, I prefer to stay clean

JerryHawk250 11-20-2017 11:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I didn't actually buy these. These showed up at the house Friday afternoon thanks to a generous fellow member with a few extra goodies wrapped inside. Had the stock turn signals and chain inside the stock Hawk tires. :tup: Thanks Dan-O. This is how to properly ship tires. That's one he'll of a wrapping job.:thanks:
Ps: damn near got me in trouble with the wife trying to explain that I didn't buy them. :hehe:

roundhouse 11-20-2017 08:09 PM

I got my ECU on my FZ1 flashed, cannot wait to get it in and ride it. Also got my ebay exhaust for my hawk.

Which one do I do first? That is the question/

TheDC 11-20-2017 08:41 PM

Today I bought 2 plain hotdogs for a buck and 12 cents at Sheetz. it's all I could do today...but at least despite the cold start to the ride (28 degrees when I pulled out of the driveway),I rode for several hours (including 25 miles up the interstate just to see how cold it really was,LOL! :P )

IALMOST bought a 2017 RX3,but the first place I called for financing said no (something about having bought a new CFR250L back in April,so they wanted a considerable percentage down pmt on it,which I don't have). Waiting until tomorrow for 1 more place out of 2 that I called to call back. I can't really afford it right now apparently (note that I was saving for an RX3 when I bought the CRFL,but a deal I couldn't pass on it as a new leftover '16 came and I jumped....still want and RX3 though :) ),but the email Sale flyer I got from CSC has me drooling and scheming on how to pull it off :hmm::lol::lmao:

Darkrider 11-20-2017 10:21 PM

We find out tomorrow if we are bringing home a 2016 Kia Soul for the wife. I got my Avenger back in april and the dealership suggested coming back in 6 months to see if we could get something for her. Hence how we even ended up vehicle shopping at all today. A part of todays convo also involved the idea of trading in the Avenger in a couple months to get a better interest rate and upgrade again myself...but...not really feeling that idea. I think i may just stick it out with that car as i quite like it.

cheesy 11-20-2017 10:29 PM

A hunnert turdy bucks worth of gas. Towing the Desoto resulted in about 10mpg.

pete 11-20-2017 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheesy (Post 269530)
A hunnert turdy bucks worth of gas. Towing the Desoto resulted in about 10mpg.

Possably the best mpg you will get from it...
wait till you start driving it....lol...

cheesy 11-21-2017 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pete (Post 269535)
Possably the best mpg you will get from it...
wait till you start driving it....lol...

Which? The DeSoto or the pickup? Pickup is usually around 18 when I'm not pulling a 2000lb trailer with a 4000 lb car on it. The DeSoto will run about 15 but has about the same size tank as my Wrangler, so the range will be under 250 miles.