ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic/General Discussion (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   What did you BUY today? (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=16465)

Azhule 11-21-2017 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheesy (Post 269546)
Which? The DeSoto or the pickup? Pickup is usually around 18 when I'm not pulling a 2000lb trailer with a 4000 lb car on it. The DeSoto will run about 15 but has about the same size tank as my Wrangler, so the range will be under 250 miles.

Just remember to "lubricate" the fuel you use in that old monster to help keep the engine happy... fuel is extremely "dry" compared to the "Leaded" type fuels used in the DeSoto days :hehe:

kirbo7106 11-21-2017 11:33 AM

Crossbow

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 11316
After my Marine Corps reunion in August, I’ve been pondering getting a crossbow. Some of the guys had some expensive compound crossbows, while others had less expensive recurve crossbows. I found out that Barnett crossbow’s shop is like 30 minutes away. After looking around on the internet, I found a Barnett BCR recurve crossbow for $99 on Amazon and Walmart. Dick’s Sporting Goods has the Barnett Recruit for $129.99 and $149.00.

I ordered the BCR from Amazon it will be this year’s X-mas gift to myself! I have been a very “good” boy this year! AND some days, that’s hard to do!:ohno:

Have a great day!

JerryHawk250 11-21-2017 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirbo7106 (Post 269548)
Attachment 11316
After my Marine Corps reunion in August, I’ve been pondering getting a crossbow. Some of the guys had some expensive compound crossbows, while others had less expensive recurve crossbows. I found out that Barnett crossbow’s shop is like 30 minutes away. After looking around on the internet, I found a Barnett BCR recurve crossbow for $99 on Amazon and Walmart. Dick’s Sporting Goods has the Barnett Recruit for $129.99 and $149.00.

I ordered the BCR from Amazon it will be this year’s X-mas gift to myself! I have been a very “good” boy this year! AND some days, that’s hard to do!:ohno:

Have a great day!

Nice!:tup: you'll have to figure out how to mount that on the Hawk.:)

TheDC 11-23-2017 11:23 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Well,I wasn't able to get financing on a new RX3 afterall (50% of that was the Wife saying flat out "No" on a 2nd shiny new bike bought right now),but we did end up taking a smallish loan (compared to the "debt consolidation loan" we had been discussing),and I did buy a second bike yesterday. A friend and fellow dirt bike club member sold me his 1 owner,low miles,well maintained 1991 Honda XR250L yesterday for a really decent price.

I'd bought one of these new in 1991 just before I'd shipped otu for Basic Training (Army) and had sold in 1995 shortly after my enlistment ended. I'd wanted another XL/XR (whether an L or an R) ever since.

I still wish I coulda (finally!) bought a new RX3,but pretty happy about the old XRL regardless :)

1cylinderwonder 11-24-2017 12:06 AM

[QUOTE=TheDC;269614]Well,I wasn't able to get financing on a new RX3 afterall (50% of that was the Wife saying flat out "No" on a 2nd shiny new bike bought right now),but we did end up taking a smallish loan (compared to the "debt consolidation loan" we had been discussing),and I did buy a second bike yesterday. A friend and fellow dirt bike club member sold me his 1 owner,low miles,well maintained 1991 Honda XR250L yesterday for a really decent price.
I still wish I coulda (finally!) bought a new RX3,but pretty happy about the old XRL regardless :)[/QUOTE
Speaking as a person who purchased a new RX3 from CSC, you made a better decision with the purchase of the Honda XR250L. Your Honda is better made, has more power and reliability, and will require less mandatory service and repairs. I thought my purchase of the RX3 was the worst purchase I have ever made but of a new motorcycle. I’ve been riding and owning motorcycles since 1962. Owned quite a few motorcycles.
You have made a good choice! ENJOY!

pete 11-24-2017 05:25 AM

That will go for ever if looked after
old XRs don't die.... they get killed....

Mudflap 11-24-2017 09:09 AM

If the XR250XL is the one with the weird rocker arms be sure to listen carefully for any possible problems before buying, or traveling any distance. One of my riding buddies had one where the cam/rockers had many problems. I helped him rebuild it twice with lots of new parts.

wheelbender6 11-24-2017 02:42 PM

Bought a power window motor and installed it in my truck. Not fun, but better than going black Friday shopping.

pete 11-24-2017 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mudflap (Post 269642)
If the XR250XL is the one with the weird rocker arms be sure to listen carefully for any possible problems before buying, or traveling any distance. One of my riding buddies had one where the cam/rockers had many problems. I helped him rebuild it twice with lots of new parts.

radial 4 valve head....
unlike a normal 4 valve head the
valves are all on diffrent plains...
never heard of to meany issues with
the 250 & bigger but the 200 was a
prob... even honda went back to the
2 valve motor in the 200 after a couple of years..

roundhouse 11-24-2017 06:23 PM

Not for my bike but bought a new power steering hose for my son's 92 camaro.

Darkrider 11-25-2017 08:11 AM

We did end up getting approved for the Kia Soul and picked it up yesterday. Still deciding on what next with the Avenger. I have a few months to figure it out. Right now i am leaning towards keeping it. But the draw of a lower interest rate is there if i were to trade it in...

Prob does not help my mind is clouded with getting through the loss of a close friend recently. Went to his funeral on thursday... kid was only 17 far too young...no parent should ever out live their children..

Merlin 11-25-2017 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkrider (Post 269675)
We did end up getting approved for the Kia Soul and picked it up yesterday. Still deciding on what next with the Avenger. I have a few months to figure it out. Right now i am leaning towards keeping it. But the draw of a lower interest rate is there if i were to trade it in...

Prob does not help my mind is clouded with getting through the loss of a close friend recently. Went to his funeral on thursday... kid was only 17 far too young...no parent should ever out live their children..

Sorry for your loss. Congrats on the new ride.

pete 11-25-2017 03:54 PM

Two 3 metre fishing kayaks...

bogieboy 11-27-2017 07:43 AM

Was actually saturday, but whatever....LOL an Android powered 2 din dvd/gps/headunit for the subaru, and a used Milwaukee M12 drill and an extra battery for it....that will go well with the m12 hackzall that i already have....

Today i bought a top mount intercooler for the subaru...picking it up thursday....LOL here i come turbo build.....

BlackBike 11-27-2017 09:37 AM

Suzuki vstorm 650 xt

2 Attachment(s)
Emerikol. Here it is, pulled the trigger. Guess I'm out of the china bike business. They actually sold 3 other motorcycles that same Saturday , great day for the dealer. Like going from a golf cart to a Cadillac SUV. Spent too much but got the xt for the base price and am happy. Road the old Bashan 200 miles to dealer in Kerrville and traded it for the Suzuki.
Attachment 11356

Attachment 11357
Spent the night at a nearby camp ground too.