ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   2022 kpr200 (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=30852)

Teklock 08-02-2022 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimS (Post 381742)
Yes that is the manual that I have. It does show the 165ML-P engine and our newer engine is 165ML-E and it would be nice to know for sure the correct lash. I may leave what I have for now as that same manual shows that the 165ML-P is an air cooled engine in the introduction (section 1.1) and on the next page (1.2), it states it is water "colled"....

I sent an email to American Lifan to see if they can confirm the correct measurements and possibly send a manual for the 165ML-E.

Since MY2020 they moved over to the 165ML-E so I would follow the specs for that engine which are .08 and .12. It's the same engine in the KPM and that manual also states .08 and .12. Let us know what Lifan tells you though! It would be super cool if someone could get a new service manual for this engine!

JimS 08-02-2022 01:44 PM

Lifan responded with .08 intake and .12 exhaust so I'll leave mine as is.

They didn't mention the availability of a service manual and I did ask.

Thanks

Falkon45 08-02-2022 04:09 PM

You guys have the NBF2 engine, like the KPM and KP, from what it looks like. That's the spec you'll be needing.

Teklock 08-02-2022 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falkon45 (Post 381755)
You guys have the NBF2 engine, like the KPM and KP, from what it looks like. That's the spec you'll be needing.

Do you know if "NBF2" is only referred to the 165ML-E engine? I'm asking because it appears that is a marketing term and may include other engine models.

Falkon45 08-02-2022 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teklock (Post 381758)
Do you know if "NBF2" is only referred to the 165ML-E engine? I'm asking because it appears that is a marketing term and may include other engine models.

From my research, Yes. I've not seen the NBF2 name and any other engine model or size show up in reference to each other.

Actually, I'm wrong. Well damn. That code shows up in an article for the KPR150 also. Guess I should have double checked first.

https://www.motorcyclevalley.com/rev...-mahmud-razon/

herbie 08-02-2022 06:36 PM

Dang guys I'm extremely sorry about the wrong information on valve clearance specs! I originally posted a video with the owner's manuals specs and after seeing teklocks post on page 3 I thought that was for our newer model KPR, I guess I was wrong. I had taken my original video down and reposted this one with what I thought was new correct information. Anyway I will remove this new video and either post the old one or remake it. Geez :hmm:

JimS 08-02-2022 06:44 PM

No worries herbie! Your video helped me do the adjustment in about an hour and is greatly appreciated.

herbie 08-02-2022 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimS (Post 381765)
No worries herbie! Your video helped me do the adjustment in about an hour and is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for understanding Jim, I feel awful about that. I know there is some useful things in the video, oh well back to square one. :doh:

JimS 08-02-2022 09:07 PM

I received a reply from American Lifan stating that the service manual is not available to the general public.

Teklock 08-02-2022 09:32 PM

I haven't had the chance to do my valves yet so hopefully you'll post another video herbie! Maybe just edit the video where you had the specs and just print the other specs on the screen?? Either way, Thank you for all your videos!

herbie 08-03-2022 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teklock (Post 381779)
I haven't had the chance to do my valves yet so hopefully you'll post another video herbie! Maybe just edit the video where you had the specs and just print the other specs on the screen?? Either way, Thank you for all your videos!

I plan on making another video maybe on Saturday morning with the owners manual specs if I get the time to. Setbacks just make you stronger :tup:

Teklock 08-03-2022 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herbie (Post 381833)
I plan on making another video maybe on Saturday morning with the owners manual specs if I get the time to. Setbacks just make you stronger :tup:

I like the quote!

JimS 08-04-2022 07:05 PM

Coming up on 700 miles and thinking about replacing the chain. The bike has always been a bit noisy from 4500 to 6000rpm and I "think" it's chain noise.

Any recommendations for a replacement? Should I put an O- ring or X-ring chain on or stick with the standard roller chain?

Do you guys notice noises in the rpm range mentioned above? It's been a bit noisy from day 1 and runs great so I assume it's normal.

I did my 1st top speed run today and hit 74 on the speedo. Not sure how you guys are hitting 80+ . I'm 185 pounds and was tucked behind the windscreen.

JerryHawk250 08-05-2022 08:02 AM

For street riding on concrete or asphalt a standard chain is good but if you ride on dirt or gravel roads an O-ring or X ring chain would be better.

herbie 08-05-2022 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimS (Post 381890)
Coming up on 700 miles and thinking about replacing the chain. The bike has always been a bit noisy from 4500 to 6000rpm and I "think" it's chain noise.

Any recommendations for a replacement? Should I put an O- ring or X-ring chain on or stick with the standard roller chain?

Do you guys notice noises in the rpm range mentioned above? It's been a bit noisy from day 1 and runs great so I assume it's normal.

I did my 1st top speed run today and hit 74 on the speedo. Not sure how you guys are hitting 80+ . I'm 185 pounds and was tucked behind the windscreen.

Like Jerry said a standard chain is fine and is what I run as long as it’s good quality but you need to clean and oil it more often. If you don’t like doing the maintenance then o or x ring chain would be better. As far as top speed several factors go into that on a small displacement/hp motorcycle. Has the chain been lubed, axles greased, bike roll easily, tires properly inflated. But the biggest thing in this bike is obstructed exhaust flow. I opened mine up so it’s less restrictive, at the upper range with stock exhaust the power falls off. If you uncork the exhaust the engine will rev better especially in the upper range