ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic/General Discussion (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=18428)

cheesy 08-24-2017 01:36 PM

I found out that my boss is so PO'd about how this is being handled that he hasn't even started looking for a place down there yet.

Quotes from Old Weird Harold,

"Welcome to Al and Marlene Shit Show" (These are the two in charge of the move)

"If you offer an opinion to either of those two, it's like, why should we listen to you."

"You know, they haven't even hired anyone for HR yet. I guess they'll wait until they get a letter from a new hires' lawyer."

"Mike, I'm liking your idea of early retirement. If we go at the same time, the place would probably grind to a halt. Jason would probably follow us out the door, too."

"You know, if we were to retire together, we could offer them our services as consultants and make a shit ton more money."

Five more days.

cheesy 08-24-2017 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minimac (Post 263971)
Just as the comic says, "That's some funny sh*t right there".

a side note-Air Brake here in Watertown just announced the loss of 40 jobs going to....wait for it....S.C.

We use a lot of their stuff.

ben2go 08-24-2017 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheesy (Post 264051)
I found out that my boss is so PO'd about how this is being handled that he hasn't even started looking for a place down there yet.

Quotes from Old Weird Harold,

"Welcome to Al and Marlene Shit Show" (These are the two in charge of the move)

"If you offer an opinion to either of those two, it's like, why should we listen to you."

"You know, they haven't even hired anyone for HR yet. I guess they'll wait until they get a letter from a new hires' lawyer."

"Mike, I'm liking your idea of early retirement. If we go at the same time, the place would probably grind to a halt. Jason would probably follow us out the door, too."

"You know, if we were to retire together, we could offer them our services as consultants and make a shit ton more money."

Five more days.

Is your boss in an way responsible for handling this move, or is he just the man in the middle handing down responsibilities from management? I helped manage and move three business in my life. One of those I was the monkey at the end of the line. The other two I was the man in the middle passing down the work load and it was extremely frustrating and stressful. Early retirement and consulting wasn't an option for me back then but would deffinately been a consideration if it would have been.

minimac 08-24-2017 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben2go (Post 264048)
Was it a WABCO plant? I worked for WABCO in Duncan, SC many years ago. I wonder if they would be moving their business down here to consolidate?

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/n...rtown-20170817

cheesy 08-24-2017 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben2go (Post 264054)
Is your boss in an way responsible for handling this move, or is he just the man in the middle handing down responsibilities from management? I helped manage and move three business in my life. One of those I was the monkey at the end of the line. The other two I was the man in the middle passing down the work load and it was extremely frustrating and stressful. Early retirement and consulting wasn't an option for me back then but would deffinately been a consideration if it would have been.

The original plan, that my boss was part of, was to find a place for manufacturing and make Service/Repair a separate entity right where we are. When that was changed and the decision was made to close this place, my boss had his legs cut out from under him and no longer has a say in anything about it. So, he's sort of bitter.

Another Old Weird Harold quote,

"I know more about what's going on than you do, but not enough."

ben2go 08-25-2017 11:51 AM

That sucks. He was knocked back to man in the middle when he knows more than the man at the top.

cheesy 08-25-2017 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben2go (Post 264095)
That sucks. He was knocked back to man in the middle when he knows more than the man at the top.

'zactly!

I've been cleaning out my office today. Amazing how much junk gets squirreled away and forgotten about over twenty years.:hmm:

Weldangrind 08-28-2017 11:35 AM

I hope you get paid extra for bringing in your inverter.

cheesy 08-28-2017 01:20 PM

Last four days. Movers showed up today to see what was what. After 15 minutes of listening to Marlene, the head guy said he'd rather speak with the guys that actually know how move the stuff.:hehe:

He and I spent a half hour or so going through what was going, what was staying, and what was scrap. When now have a plan, which is what we didn't have a week ago.

My boss was smart and went on vacation. (prick)

cheesy 08-31-2017 08:44 AM

Last day today for those asked to stay the extra month.

The warehouse is about 85% empty. Starting to empty the shop today. There will only be three of us in the building tomorrow, not counting the movers.

Weldangrind 09-02-2017 01:55 PM

Will the service / calibration facility that you're running be in the same building, or are you moving somewhere smaller?

ben2go 09-02-2017 02:21 PM

When y'all get moved, I'm looking for some part time work. I'm a damn good broom operator. :lmao:

cheesy 09-13-2017 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind (Post 264518)
Will the service / calibration facility that you're running be in the same building, or are you moving somewhere smaller?

Weld-That is being moved to SC, too. Yay, and I mean it. I'll have to train the new person, then I wash my hands of it. As far as the current building goes, I may be based out of it until it's sold. With about a dozen other places on the street up for sale or lease, I may be here for awhile.

My patience has been wearing thin with management on how bad this cluster has been run. We are six weeks behind schedule because of piss poor planning. Or no planning. It's starting to have the scent that it was wishful thinking all along and there really was no plan.

Irma didn't help, either. We had to stop shipping last Thursday and had a half dozen trucks stopped in Georgia. We might start shipping again tomorrow afternoon. The only plus to this was that the movers and I got everything staged to be shipped. Too bad we only have one fork truck. I do have five 10T cranes, though.

Last week, I was told to ship down all my lifting slings so that equipment arriving in SC could be unloaded. Ummm, how the hell am I to continue loading equipment if I send you my stuff. This week, they want the banding equipment that I'm still using. I got the entire management staff down there on a conference call. I had to tell them to stop looking at price and weigh overall cost. A sling from me is free, but is about $100 to overnight it. For that hundred bucks, you could get four new slings from Mcmaster, get change back, and get it faster. I told the new PA that we in Elgin shouldn't have to do his job. Big Al went to defend the guy and I ended up ripping into him and let go with both barrels on the rest of the team at the same time. When I finally slowed down to take a breath, Al was getting ready to shoot back. But, Marlene(she of Service Maggot fame)jumped in and took up where I left off. I have to admit that that surprised me to have her defend me. The two of us have been busting our asses to get our end ready while still trying to run a business and wondering why nothing is getting done in SC. Harold just sits there with a deer in the headlights stare.

Jason was there for the call and just sat in the back and watched. He called later and told me that the French owners were staring at Al when I let loose and very quiet when they left. Wonder what can of worms I opened now?

I actually get to be out of the building for a few hours tomorrow.:yay:

BlackBike 09-15-2017 12:24 AM

You have stirred up a shit storm as big as hurricane Irma

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...jsH-ac_YI4p3xQ

Your retirement may come soon if you could be so lucky:tup:

cheesy 09-15-2017 08:29 PM

I stirred up something. Kind of like that pinata in the wild.