ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Zongshen RX3 (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   New Zongshen RX3 (ZS250GY-3) Dual Sport (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=13440)

jimjr21 01-21-2015 02:40 PM

I have been through this before with my imports from Japan. Even after work resumes there is a huge backlog and it takes a long time (months) to get back to normal. At this point I wouldn't expect delivery till late March into CSC. Maybe even April.

SpudRider 01-21-2015 06:23 PM

Thanks for alerting us to the labor problem, and the new shipment date, Joe. :)

AZRider 01-21-2015 11:33 PM

[QUOTE=CSCDude;178087]Folks, we're delaying shipment of the Cyclones to 9 Feb. I just posted this on the CSC blog and we wanted to get the word out to the riders on this board, too.

Looks like I'm going to have to adjust my bucket list to include a visit to China and a long ride back. Not quite Baja, as Joe has suggested, but it would make an awesome group ride if anyone else is interested. Takers?

Weldangrind 01-22-2015 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSCDude (Post 178087)
Folks, we're delaying shipment of the Cyclones to 9 Feb. I just posted this on the CSC blog and we wanted to get the word out to the riders on this board, too.

Here's the deal: There is a western US port work stoppage. We thought it would be resolved by now, but it is not. Everything coming by ship across the Pacific is being held up at sea at all of our west coast ports, with Long Beach (our port of entry) having the worst problems.

There’s an ongoing labor action between the west coast dockworkers (the International Longshore and Warehouse Union) and their employers (the ports) that is preventing the ships from being unloaded. We’ve looked into bringing the ships into other ports, but the problem affects the entire western US. Rather than have the ships simply sit at sea (as many are doing right now), we’ve discussed this with Zongshen and our new ship date is 9 February. We’re hopeful the labor issues will be resolved by then.

We will keep you posted on the CSC blog.

Thanks for letting us know, Joe. It sucks, but it's beyond your control.

Weldangrind 01-22-2015 12:41 AM

Hey Joe, will I see an RX-3 at the Vancouver Motorcycle Show this weekend?

SpudRider 01-22-2015 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZRider (Post 178099)
...Looks like I'm going to have to adjust my bucket list to include a visit to China and a long ride back. Not quite Baja, as Joe has suggested, but it would make an awesome group ride if anyone else is interested. Takers?

That sounds like an epic adventure, but it's too long for me. I have yet to visit many wonderful places in North America. ;)

thillskier 01-22-2015 07:11 AM

I'm going to take a positive spin on this:)..er TRY to, anyways;)!

There were many people interested in a ride back from CSC, BUT were discouraged andconcerned with the cold issue of Riding in Feb early March..(as was I:)! I think, once we have adefinite delivery window/date confirmed, I can repost on ADV and here again to gauge interest again in a group ride back to some point(s) that owners will ride to. People may ride along on the first part if interested, then veer North or SOuth when they need to to get home:) I was planning to buy a heated vest, grips, and mitts (for the grips and my forearms) as was seen in widespread use in China.
I can now use those funds elsewhere for a EJK, or exhaust/header, tank bag, loop bag, etc, etc. The trip, since it will be in MUCH better weather, can be really enjoyed now, and I think I'll do just that:)! I'd love to come backthrough the Lake Tahoe area, its beautiful I've been told:)! Also, check out some of the smaller towns in Colorado in the rockies, then cross into KS, have a visit with my son in Ft Riley, KS, and maybe even stop in Atwell, I believe where a fellow RX-3 owner/fan lives and offered his camping area for RX 3 riders:) (Thank you)!
Probably take 2 weeks for the trip and visiting with my son, new friends and some old friends possibly also.

thillskier 01-22-2015 07:23 AM

Help/ suggestions for GPS mount please..

Anyone real happy with their GPS mount? Where is it mounted (bars or tank bag? or?)
What is best way to wire it, hard or plug into a plug?(I like the small Harbor Freight supplied ones in the solar wiring for accessories kit. Its got all types connectors from a cig ligher, to test light , to even spring loaded clamps for jumping off a battery, to solder/crimp into something in headlight area.

I MAY need a case or a waterproof/resistant GPS eventually, not sure the durability of the Garmin I have now. ANyone found the standard ones didn't do a good enough job? WHy?
suggestions for replacement and source?
THANKS!

SpudRider 01-22-2015 08:06 AM

I'm sure people in southern climates are properly disappointed with the delayed delivery of the motorcycles. However, in Idaho the riding season really doesn't begin until April or May. Therefore, I am content to wait until springtime. ;)

SpudRider 01-22-2015 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thillskier (Post 178125)
Anyone real happy with their GPS mount? Where is it mounted (bars or tank bag? or?)
What is best way to wire it, hard or plug into a plug?(I like the small Harbor Freight supplied ones in the solar wiring for accessories kit. Its got all types connectors from a cig ligher, to test light , to even spring loaded clamps for jumping off a battery, to solder/crimp into something in headlight area.

I MAY need a case or a waterproof/resistant GPS eventually, not sure the durability of the Garmin I have now. ANyone found the standard ones didn't do a good enough job? WHy?
suggestions for replacement and source?
THANKS!

I really like the RAM handlebar mounts. :) When riding on pavement, I usually employ paper maps, unless I am negotiating streets in an unfamiliar city. ;) I primarily use my Garmin, eTrex Legend HcX while riding off road, and then I run it on two AA batteries.

katoranger 01-22-2015 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thillskier (Post 178124)
cross into KS, have a visit with my son in Ft Riley, KS, and maybe even stop in Atwell, I believe where a fellow RX-3 owner/fan lives and offered his camping area for RX 3 riders:) (Thank you)!
Probably take 2 weeks for the trip and visiting with my son, new friends and some old friends possibly also.

I have 4 acres of lawn that is open for anyone needing a camp spot.

Also one mile away is an actual campground.

More than welcome to use my shop for any maintenance too.

Weldangrind 01-22-2015 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudRider (Post 178126)
I'm sure people in southern climates are properly disappointed with the delayed delivery of the motorcycles. However, in Idaho the riding season really doesn't begin until April or May. Therefore, I am content to wait until springtime. ;)

Does that mean you might consider a fly 'n' ride?

rjmorel 01-22-2015 01:13 PM

I mounted my large 7" Magellan 1700 above the instrument cluster on the windscreen mount brackets kinda like a real live Dakar wannabee bike with a home made 3D printed mounts. With my aging eyes I need it BIG and in FRONT of me so I can SEE it w/o much eyes off the road time. It's not water proof so I just put a zip lock bag over it if it's wet weather. Twice I failed to have a zip lock and it got rained on pretty good. The screen had fog in it, but after a few days was back to normal. rj

SpudRider 01-22-2015 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind (Post 178139)
Does that mean you might consider a fly 'n' ride?

Even in the spring, the temperatures are too cold for me at Great Basin elevations. I don't like riding long distances in the cold, so I won't be doing a 'fly-and-ride' to Idaho. ;)

Wolftrax 01-22-2015 07:23 PM

The later delivery the better. West Texas can be kind of iffy in March.