ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   This looks like it has some potential... (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=10047)

MICRider 09-23-2011 06:36 PM

This looks like it has some potential...

Not sure if this has been posted before but I just got an update from Pitster Pro on my facebook page... They have a new bike coming out soon, the XTR250X. Made by Qingqi obviously, nice looking rig! Canadian retail of around $3500

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/x...ider/pp250.jpg

Edit: Be nice if you could get an enduro kit for it as well 8)

FastDoc 09-23-2011 06:52 PM

I'd be all over that IF it was $2,000 less. :roll:

NO WAY WOULD I SPEND THAT KIND OF MONEY, especially on a bike that's not dual sport.

Plus I'm still peeved over the last Pitster Pro I owned... :evil:

MICRider 09-24-2011 12:27 AM

Yup, it is overpriced... And I can see that you would still have a bad taste in your mouth after the PP400, that thing was a heap. I think I paid about $2800 for my Konker, but that included the enduro tires. Bikes are much more expensive here than they are in the States.

MICRider 09-24-2011 11:33 AM

Hmmm... After doing a little youtubing I see that Pitster has been playing around with the XTR250 for a while. They had some iterations on there from a couple of years ago that were using liquid cooled engines. <crosses arms in front of chest and backs away...>

FastDoc 09-24-2011 11:59 AM

Bikes are much more expensive here than they are in the States.

I should have taken that into account before I attacked the price but still...

Anything around or over $2,000 (US) I'm thinking used Japaneese... :wink:

Weldangrind 09-24-2011 12:08 PM

It would be nice to have a Q available to us, but not at that price. I agree with the $2000 sentiment, although I could see $2500 being successful in Canada.

FastDoc 09-24-2011 01:41 PM

Agreed.

FWIW, and I know the market is different here than in Canada, I see 1-3 year old used Ninja 250's available all day long at much less than $3,500. :wink:

MICRider 09-24-2011 04:19 PM

Lol, the intent of this post was simply to show a new Qingqi offering supposedly coming up, I'm kind of sorry I mentioned the pricing now.

katoranger 09-24-2011 07:01 PM

Did NorthernDad say that he was going to be reviewing the pitster pro products too?

MICRider 09-24-2011 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katoranger
Did NorthernDad say that he was going to be reviewing the pitster pro products too?

Nope, I think he's just doing the Linhai ATV's.

katoranger 09-25-2011 07:40 AM

He mentioned pitster pro, but I am not sure of the connection.

MICRider 09-25-2011 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katoranger
He mentioned pitster pro, but I am not sure of the connection.

Your memory is better than mine Kato! I reread his thread and he says he will be doing reviews on the Pitster Pros as well, a quote from his first post on the subject:

"So I pitched a deal - long story short - to do some video reviews and give some marketing advice in exchange for a Linhai ATV or SxS. Visionary Motorsports - behind the linhai brand - jumped at it, and after sharing my ideas they asked if I'd review all their product. So that's the deal - I work video reviews and testimonials and help with their marketing, and they ship me all their machines (pitster pros too) - and we turn northern BC into the trail-tested testing grounds for their machines! "

I'll be interested to see what he has to say about all of the machines, Pitster has kind of a bad rep from the ill fated PP400 and the nonexistent part's supply for it. Totally unrelated, but something that kind of strikes me funny is that Michelle Lehwald works for Pitster in Vancouver now... She was kind of like second in command (I think?) of the now defunct Konker marque. Small world huh?

dmmcd 09-26-2011 07:58 AM

Wow, that XTR looks IDENTICAL to my XF200, except for the rear disc brake. It's like they took the stock XF photo and edited the graphics.

Is the engine really a 250cc, or are they just calling it that? I wonder if the cylinder would swap over if so...

For $3500 I am buying a decent used Suzuki DRZ400SM.

FastDoc 09-26-2011 11:58 AM

For $3500 I am buying a decent used Suzuki DRZ400SM

Yup. That's what I'm sayin'... :wink:

dmmcd 09-26-2011 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FastDoc
For $3500 I am buying a decent used Suzuki DRZ400SM

Yup. That's what I'm sayin'... :wink:

Actually, for just a little more, I would get a used Husqvarna SM610. Been on my list for a while.. :D

FastDoc 09-26-2011 05:23 PM

That number is actually very close to what my NEW KLX250 cost, in the showroom...

FastDoc 09-26-2011 06:06 PM

http://kpr.craigslist.org/mcy/2618749540.html

MICRider 09-26-2011 07:45 PM

Lol... Yes, I agree, it is overpriced. Here's what a KLX250 is worth in my part of the world... Also remember that you would have to add freight and PDI on this as well. http://www.kawasaki.ca/model/Dual-Purpose/1266/KLX250S

FastDoc 09-26-2011 09:15 PM

OK.

I have two comments on this:

a. Yikes.
b. Never mind.

:roll:

MICRider 09-26-2011 09:23 PM

(Though I would much rather have a well used KLX for what the PP costs)

Weldangrind 09-27-2011 10:12 AM

Quote:

OK.

I have two comments on this:

a. Yikes.
b. Never mind.

:roll:

It's totally unreasonable and exactly why local dealers are struggling. Anyone with cash in my area is likely to jump the border to buy a bike, and the local dealers are powerless. The Japanese manufacturers won't give the local dealers a break to offset the strong Canadian dollar, so the profit on a bike is very low at the dealer level. A local dealer told me that when he preps an 80cc kid's bike for sale, there is a profit of around $60.00. At that level, he needs to decide which lights he can afford to turn on. His only hope is that the Canadian dollar tanks, which would negate cross-border shopping.

/hijack.

david3921 09-27-2011 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmmcd
Wow, that XTR looks IDENTICAL to my XF200, except for the rear disc brake. It's like they took the stock XF photo and edited the graphics.

Is the engine really a 250cc, or are they just calling it that? I wonder if the cylinder would swap over if so...

For $3500 I am buying a decent used Suzuki DRZ400SM.

I'm with you, dmmcd. The Qingqi 250cc motor is not black and the pipe comes around the front of the frame. Here's what a 250cc looks like (as a Pioneer);

http://i901.photobucket.com/albums/a...V0h7aCHKlk.jpg

MICRider 09-27-2011 07:50 PM

On the actual fb update they did say "Preproduction photo" so it's possible the just doctored up a 200 with some 250 plastics.

2LZ 09-28-2011 12:21 AM

I thought maybe you were showing us this, marketed under PP....but the motor looks different.

http://www.qlinkmotor.com/products/products.php?pid=111

BrianW 09-28-2011 12:27 AM

http://www.qlinkmotor.com/products/products.php?pid=74

Totally unrelated, but I always thought it was so dang funny that the guy in this picture is going down the wrong side of the highway.

SpudRider 09-28-2011 03:39 AM

Thanks for posting the link to the new bike, Stew! I'm always glad to see new Chinese motorcycles being introduced. :)

Spud :)

dmmcd 09-28-2011 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ
I thought maybe you were showing us this, marketed under PP....but the motor looks different.

From what I understand, this one is a Shineray (not Qingqi), and is water cooled. I haven't seen any of these in the US yet, but the photos look pretty cool.

david3921 09-28-2011 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmmcd
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ

From what I understand, this one is a Shineray (not Qingqi), and is water cooled. I haven't seen any of these in the US yet, but the photos look pretty cool.

Here's a picture from the other side of the Shineray version, the X2;

http://i901.photobucket.com/albums/a..._Motard_21.jpg

driller 09-29-2011 09:15 AM

Yikes, my son just priced a new 650 for only $150 more than that here in Kansas city.

mcrider 10-03-2011 09:06 AM

I'm on the inside with this new Pitster Pro 250, so thought I'd clarify a few things:
- The image is definitely not the final product, it is shown with the 200 engine, the 250 is slightly different, as pointed out.
- It is manufactured by Qingqi, first bikes are being built as we speak.
- It will be offered with both white and black plastics, looks sharp.
- The price listed is the Canadian retail price. This is only $500 more than what the 200 version was being sold for and from what I know there will be an introductory special when it comes out.

General comments: In Canada, this is a great price. As pointed out, the Kawi 250S is $5,899 (And that's the new "reduced price"), the Yamaha WR 250R is $6,999 and as far as Chinese bikes go, there really are no other comparable bikes from China that are approved for street use in Canada right now. This last point is what's important: The barriers to approve a bike for street use in Canada are much greater than what exists in the US. This adds cost, but also keeps the market clean and keeps lots of the garbage off the road. I personally am not aware of a similar class bike in Canada available for less money (that also comes with a 12 month warranty).

Also, it's worth always comparing MSRP to MSRP, sure there are deals on old stock or from hungry dealers on OEM products that occur, but there are also deals to be had off MSRP on Pitster Pro or other Chinese brands.

Hope this helps.

fishman10 10-03-2011 07:24 PM

pitster

I would love one ,pitster insider..but am still stinging with the pitster lxt400 you left me out to dry with ,,are they gonna stand behind this one and answer the phone this time if I have a problem????????? FISH

northerndad 10-04-2011 12:29 AM

Just saw this thread. Yes, I will be working with PP too in Canada. I have a Classic 125 which I just rode today and I love - very cute, making a lot of good first impressions.

The connection is that both Linhai and PP are distributed by Visionary Motorsports in Canada (http://visionarymotorsports.com/). As I mentioned I love these guys, they are young motor enthusiasts, and I've been getting along really well with the folks I've met there.

Justin, their dealer rep came by last week for a visit and I got to see some more of their product line. The Linhai SxSs sell super well in Canada, as well as the small PP bikes and the new Double X SxS under the PP brand.

I'm curious to know the story behind the PP 400 and others? I'll do a search on the forum as I don't want to Hijack this thread, but super curious.

So, to clarify: Pitster Pro in Canada is distributed by Visionary, who also distributes Linhai in Canada. They focus on products that are best in the canadian market - check the pitster canadian site to see what they carry in canada (the XTR 230SC is the biggest engine so far). Also as discussed elsewhere the model in Canada is the dealer model, instead of the direct-sales model popular in the USA.

MICRider 10-04-2011 09:02 PM

The PP400 turned out to be pretty much a total pile of sh*t. A few members bought them and had major problems with them. Pitster couldn't supply parts to them so they ended up having to find other sources for parts (such as a Honda side cover). From what I understand Pitsters customer support on the PP400's was also far less than stellar... I'm sure Fishman, Daddy, and FastDoc will chime in, they all had them.

mcrider 10-04-2011 10:24 PM

The 400 was never sold in Canada by Pitster Pro, although there have been some who have brought in that bike and sold it using the Pitster name. An example is: http://t4bmotorsports.com/index.php?...t01returnid=71
This bike has nothing to do with Pitster Pro, it's unfortunate they are using the name this way. I bring this up as possibly distributors selling this could help with parts?

SpudRider 10-04-2011 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcrider
I'm on the inside with this new Pitster Pro 250, so thought I'd clarify a few things...

If I may ask, how are you connected with the Pitster Pro 250. :)

MICRider 10-04-2011 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudRider
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcrider
I'm on the inside with this new Pitster Pro 250, so thought I'd clarify a few things...

If I may ask, how are you connected with the Pitster Pro 250. :)

This isn't perhaps Michelle is it? :)

fishman10 10-05-2011 05:58 AM

pp400

in a nutshell you are right,the pp400 had alot of issues and was a pc. of sh,,,,,, and IN MY OPINION...they knew it ,,,They blew them out at what seemed like a good deal and washed their hands ,When I tried to get a radiator hose for my new bike with 50 miles on it ,they wouldn't answew the phone or emails.I unloaded it at a couple hundred $$$ loss and the guy that bought it said the engine got noisy at 500 miles.Theres more to be said ,but I;ll let others talk...but unless their gonna give me a good deal on one a new one,, I won't be jumpin on the pitster band wagon.

BrianW 10-05-2011 09:47 AM

I certainly won't deal with Pitster Pro again. No answer to emails inquiring about purchasing a bike, no response to parts questions, no response to phone calls and messages left. The only time I received any sort of response from Pitster is after I wrote them a couple unfriendly emails pertaining to their poor customer service. Even in this instance, the response emails were brief and apathetic.

FastDoc 10-05-2011 01:24 PM

I was burned terribly on the PP400.

It was a fun bike with decent performance until it developed a loud rod knock at 1,500 miles.

ASAIK I had the highest mileage EVER on a PP400, at a lousy 1,500 miles!

Even befor the impending catastrophic engine failure it has cooling and radiator issues, electrical issues, cosmetic issues etc.

PP was of NO VALUE IN ANY WAY to get help supporting this bike.

I'd not give a six pack of piss for another PP400.

SpudRider 10-05-2011 01:39 PM

Quote:

...I'd not give a six pack of piss for another PP400.

:lol:

Don't mince words, tell us what you really think, Doc! ;)

Spud :lol: