ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   New versions of digital cluster TBR7 Hawk and the like. (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=24345)

NzBrakelathes 08-19-2019 12:24 AM

New versions of digital cluster TBR7 Hawk and the like.

5 Attachment(s)
Few details for those who need it.
More info to come.

Very universal and suits ANY Hawk like bike etc.

duck9191 08-19-2019 11:28 AM

Ill try and find my documentation i made when i did my storm so you can add it, pretty sure it was the same as the brozz for the most part.

NzBrakelathes 08-19-2019 07:40 PM

It’s kinda logical and easy
I’ll add pics n my pros n cons for each

NzBrakelathes 08-19-2019 11:33 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Bross style:

Pros:
Has a button to switch between odo & trip
24hr clock
Fully program parameters like tire or mile or km pulse etc
7 color backlight options plus brightness control
Easy fitment Hawk TBR7 and the like.
Tire circumference 150-250cm adjustable by 1cm increments so accuracy isn’t a worry to many wheel sizes
4 magnetic pulse speed sensor better refresh rate
Extra power output connection and plug for diy usb add on or other.

Cons:
Menu isn’t stacked as user friendly as it could be
Button has a little red wire showing
No volt meter no option to use fuel gauge as volt gauge
Attachment 18002
Attachment 18003

TT Style - can use fuel as volt gauge, has digital volt display after trip meter and 7 color back light etc
Attachment 20793

nmann23219 08-20-2019 07:34 PM

Where can I buy? I bought the one that Motocheez uses and it doesnt work with the TBR7.

NzBrakelathes 08-20-2019 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nmann23219 (Post 316495)
Where can I buy? I bought the one that Motocheez uses and it doesnt work with the TBR7.

Instagram
Same username
You’ll see me pop up on his instagrams too

NzBrakelathes 08-21-2019 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nmann23219 (Post 316495)

You didn’t buy the one Motocheez used.
You got this one and I know where they come from in China, I didn’t go with this factory for several reasons

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F333227191734

How ever I did get a sample and I did fit it to a TBR7 and accuracy tho not perfect it was acceptable.

It’s very important that you don’t mix your info and there for make others look bad etc.

NzBrakelathes 08-31-2019 11:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Promo for September
Free upgrade on shipping

https://www.instagram.com/p/B12lwNqn...d=s9hma0t8iiid

NzBrakelathes 09-15-2019 10:15 AM

Bashan BSR DB-41H Enforcer - Bashans Hawk like bike I found out the pin out is the same as:
Bross
TBR7

Sending a unit to the customer tomorrow and no doubt will get feed back soon

AresROC 09-15-2019 06:42 PM

It's Bashan BSR DB-41H aka Enforcer/Hawk 2 etc... lol

Thanks for providing all those useful information it should make the upgrade process much easier!

Writeup to come BSR Chronicles

NzBrakelathes 09-22-2019 09:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
See it’s not hard at all

China Rider 27 09-23-2019 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes (Post 319351)
See it’s not hard at all

Can you get a wheel speed sensor to make this work on the Magician?

NzBrakelathes 09-24-2019 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by China Rider 27 (Post 319397)
Can you get a wheel speed sensor to make this work on the Magician?

Only if you invest $2000 into making it or use a universal type sensor and magnet

China Rider 27 09-24-2019 06:04 PM

I will check out the universal sending unit when I get a chance.

NzBrakelathes 09-27-2019 07:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I wish ppl would leave feedback on eBay
80% don’t sadly

NzBrakelathes 10-09-2019 07:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
https://www.instagram.com/p/B3ZG4hAn...d=xnvf8p5i9w6j

NzBrakelathes 10-16-2019 10:04 PM

Ill be in the USA lax going to Vegas and east this month next month
Anyone want a digital dash demo? What state do folk live in? I’m going on a road trip to who knows where.......:hmm:

alex_in_az 10-17-2019 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes (Post 321624)
Anyone want a digital dash demo? What state do folk live in? I’m going on a road trip to who knows where.......:hmm:

the Arizona crew are meeting up for a ride 11/9 in west Phoenix area, there's a thread on it in the riding forum

NzBrakelathes 10-17-2019 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex_in_az (Post 321680)
the Arizona crew are meeting up for a ride 11/9 in west Phoenix area, there's a thread on it in the riding forum

I’m headed that way in the 8th if not earlier :tup:

wedooit 10-18-2019 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes (Post 321624)

Idaho here....

OneLeggedRider 10-22-2019 11:52 AM

So no wheel sensor to sell? Another member on here gave me a digital cluster for free but he didn't have a sensor for it. I can probably get one from Matt or order the universal one. Just thought I'd ask you first.

duck9191 10-22-2019 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneLeggedRider (Post 322266)
So no wheel sensor to sell? Another member on here gave me a digital cluster for free but he didn't have a sensor for it. I can probably get one from Matt or order the universal one. Just thought I'd ask you first.

Is the hawk hub similar to the brozz? Either peace or CSC has one that works for them cheap.

NzBrakelathes 10-26-2019 11:53 PM

Packing some stuff today - holy crap am I trying to bring a load of stuff!
RX3 wheel n big disc
Black n red panels for hawk
USD front end and bigger fuel tank
Digital clusters
Hardware stuff
Fold away mirrors
Phone holders
Lock set
Few specialty tools
Last rack for hawk etc
N who know what more or less I can pack

mybike 10-27-2019 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes (Post 322663)
Packing some stuff today - holy crap am I trying to bring a load of stuff!
RX3 wheel n big disc
Black n red panels for hawk
USD front end and bigger fuel tank
Digital clusters
Hardware stuff
Fold away mirrors
Phone holders
Lock set
Few specialty tools
Last rack for hawk etc
N who know what more or less I can pack

How about a digital cluster for my Magician LOL.:clap:

NzBrakelathes 10-28-2019 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mybike (Post 322668)
How about a digital cluster for my Magician LOL.:clap:

Not happening

NzBrakelathes 11-01-2019 09:21 AM

I’ve got 6 with me in the USA

http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=24886

NzBrakelathes 11-27-2019 08:01 PM

I am back in China and relisted my items including both version of speedo back on Ebay or a little cheaper if a direct Paypal only sale.

cycleway4 11-28-2019 07:31 AM

wanted to add to this thread,...that my Ebay seller experience with Tako has been very good..he is quick to answer emails/messages,...and if there is an issue,...very helpful to resolve it.

NzBrakelathes 11-28-2019 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cycleway4 (Post 324512)
wanted to add to this thread,...that my Ebay seller experience with Tako has been very good..he is quick to answer emails/messages,...and if there is an issue,...very helpful to resolve it.

Thanks for your comments!
I do aim to please with least fuss possible and shit to work, odd time I do have issues and most but not all ended up easily solved due to something minor and not a product fault, not needed to send out anything new etc.
I’m still learning :thanks:

NzBrakelathes 11-30-2019 08:57 PM

Who was asking if mileage can be added to speedometer?
Seems it’s possible but expect a $35-$46 fee to send it out and have the odometer reading chanted to reflect your current Milagros
Estimate on fee as I don’t do it but I did hear of a place doing it - no it’s not cheap but can be done

Duckman 11-30-2019 09:37 PM

I can say that I put my new digital cluster on my new Hawk this weekend. I love how you can adjust the speed to match different size tires. IV only got 57 miles on my Hawk so I’m going out a drill on my sensor and see how long it takes to put some miles on the clock. Heck maybe someone could rig up a grinder to the sensor and really get that sucker going. Lol

NzBrakelathes 12-01-2019 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duckman (Post 324617)
I can say that I put my new digital cluster on my new Hawk this weekend. I love how you can adjust the speed to match different size tires. IV only got 57 miles on my Hawk so I’m going out a drill on my sensor and see how long it takes to put some miles on the clock. Heck maybe someone could rig up a grinder to the sensor and really get that sucker going. Lol

On such a basic bike the mileage displayed on the clock prob doesn’t reflect much on true mech condition
I mean anyone can buy another dash n swap around n keep a lower mileage spare dash etc
Anyone a little clever can alter the mileage anyways
Hay easy way to add miles just tell the dash you have 1 magnet but reality you got 2 so it will show double speed n change back when close and or half or double the LC-xxx you can just trick the dash into adding mileage super fast for awhile when you ride it

RAMHawk19 12-02-2019 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes (Post 324624)
On such a basic bike the mileage displayed on the clock prob doesn’t reflect much on true mech condition
I mean anyone can buy another dash n swap around n keep a lower mileage spare dash etc
Anyone a little clever can alter the mileage anyways
Hay easy way to add miles just tell the dash you have 1 magnet but reality you got 2 so it will show double speed n change back when close and or half or double the LC-xxx you can just trick the dash into adding mileage super fast for awhile when you ride it

Just bought on ebay. It says I should receive by 31 Jan? Is this accurate or should I expect it sooner than that?

cycleway4 12-02-2019 12:50 PM

bought from NzBrakelathes? no gurantee,..but I would guess way sooner than that...maybe 2 to 4 weeks?

NzBrakelathes 12-02-2019 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAMHawk19 (Post 324683)
Just bought on ebay. It says I should receive by 31 Jan? Is this accurate or should I expect it sooner than that?

PLEASE check the estimated shipping time I listed on the listing - this has been the general reality from postage etc.
6 days to 30 days I have seen it all.
Mostly 2 weeks but seeing as it is Xmas I assume it will be towards the longer end.

NzBrakelathes 12-06-2019 08:08 AM

Getting a factory TT250 speedometer bracket and wheel speed sensor
Think I can then add the Storm and TT to the list...
Storm add the bracket to aid mounting and TT speed sensor as well as hawk gear loom and new gear ind switch and my TT version you can plug in and set to Fuel - 0 to show volt gauge rather then fuel gauge, pin out info is needed tho for the Sorm... who got that?

duck9191 12-06-2019 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes (Post 324886)
Getting a factory TT250 speedometer bracket and wheel speed sensor
Think I can then add the Storm and TT to the list...
Storm add the bracket to aid mounting and TT speed sensor as well as hawk gear loom and new gear ind switch and my TT version you can plug in and set to Fuel - 0 to show volt gauge rather then fuel gauge, pin out info is needed tho for the Sorm... who got that?

Still have that picture i sent on instagram? i'll see if i still have the diagram from when i wired my storm.

NzBrakelathes 12-15-2019 06:15 PM

Chrstmass special - either version shipped and all $65 for any chinariders member.

I will be adding in an option for Bashan Storm next year as I am getting some genuine TT350 speed sensors and base plates along with gear switch at the motor so it will all connect and the base plate can be used to DIY assist in mounting the dash to your old style base plate with a wee bit of skill.

NzBrakelathes 12-16-2019 11:07 PM

Well we found an issue with my speedo rpm signal and Blue eagle (balance shaft engine)
They seem to differ from TBR7 hawk Bashan BMS that don’t have a counter balance shaft engine.
Sooo is the stator and or just pick up different?
I’ve talked to and ordered a few Bross style speedometers with either the right sing along type and hopefully he’ll add in 2 options for signal type so it can be changed and work correctly.
CSC TT250 has a Non AC style stator and I’ve heard the Hawk type etc works so assume these are fine and so was my CQR with a CB engine which has a non AC type system for the CDI
Hawk n many have an AC cool to power the CDI non AC the CDI runs off battery power yet AC type can easily be swapped to DC type even regardless of plug shape (2 types or adaptor can be used) extra wire from universal CDI connects to black ignition +

duck9191 12-17-2019 08:53 AM

It won't read from the coil? My pick up is off the coil on my storm. Ive had a few people try to tell me they are a pure ac system, they are not.